Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DLCs and your opinion

Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803

so i played the game free for a couple of days and i loved the mechanics and the general feel of it, so i decided to put some $ in it. 

me, being a green lantern fan since i was a foetus, bought the "fight for the light" pack and remade a GL based character and i am having even more fun than before. 

since i bought 20$ worth of station cash and used up 999 to get the "fight for the light" (kind of disapointed OA is not a open world city, and i cant get my character to glow) i still have 1000 left to use at my pleasure.

now the question is, should i simply buy the flash DLC? or since im still not at end game should i focus my cash points on something else and only buy the DLC when i reach end game. (most of the GL stuff is end game anyway...)

if its on something else, what should i spend it on?

i have 1100 points left, and i wont put in any more until may 1st.

Comments

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

so i played the game free for a couple of days and i loved the mechanics and the general feel of it, so i decided to put some $ in it. 

me, being a green lantern fan since i was a foetus, bought the "fight for the light" pack and remade a GL based character and i am having even more fun than before. 

since i bought 20$ worth of station cash and used up 999 to get the "fight for the light" (kind of disapointed OA is not a open world city, and i cant get my character to glow) i still have 1000 left to use at my pleasure.

now the question is, should i simply buy the flash DLC? or since im still not at end game should i focus my cash points on something else and only buy the DLC when i reach end game. (most of the GL stuff is end game anyway...)

if its on something else, what should i spend it on?

i have 1100 points left, and i wont put in any more until may 1st.

Just enjoy your time, and dont spend those points on anything just for spending them untill there is something you really want.

The same cash points work in all other SOE game, EQ, EQ2, and soon vanguard too.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• PGHammer21PGHammer21 Member CommonPosts: 18

I bought two DLC packs (before they took away the ability to puchase with Station Cash/game time cards) and during the half-price sale on SC cards - Lightning Strikes! and The Battle for Earth.  "The Battle for Earth" DLC pack starts earlier (far earlier) than any other DLC out for DCUO - in fact, I haven't done anything connected to Lightning Strikes yet.  The first thread connected to Battle for Earth is simultaneously with the Intergang/Crime Bible missions.

It's a four-quest arc called the "Union of South Gotham", and you CAN be forgiven for thinking that it sounds a lot like it would fit gang activity.  In a way, it does - except that THIS union is more like a "press gang" from the days of sail and piracy on the high seas (with a technological twist), and the ultimate union boss is Brainiac - not Bruno Mannheim.

1.  Construction Delays - Destroy fifteen Sub-Avatar Construction components.

2.  Blasts from the Past - Defeat 10 Sunstone Dominators, Bounders, or Wing Armors (any combination of all three that add up to 10)

3.  Uncivil Engineering - Defeat 10 Brainiac Constructors and 20 Union Builders.

4.  Deconstruction - Take down/defeat any Sub-Avatar.

Each quest pays $300 *and* five Marks of Triumph.  (That is aside from boss drops.)

The arc has a daily reset - therefore, you can do a full reaping every 24 hours.

Also, unlike any other T2 alert/operation/raid, there's no separation form the rest of Gotham - you can run or fly there from the GCPD Diamond District safehouse (South Gotham is the group of buildings - mostly bottled - directly adjacent to the Diamonds are for Everyone PvP event area) in addition to a portal directly into South Gotham itself from the Watchtower. (The Watchtower end is NOT in the Tech Wing, but the Meta Wing - specifically, the Prototype Campaign Gear area; Clark Kent, not Bruce Wayne.)

Between the daily reset and the boss drops (quite aside from the Promethium boxes), the real prize is Planar Change battle armor, components of which drop with each type of Sub-Avatar you take down. (The closest thing I've seen in the Meta Wing to it that is generally available is the T3 House of El warsuit - which puts the Planar Change battlesuit at roughly T2+; the Virtue of El warsuit collection - elsewhere in the Meta Wing - is FAR from *generally available* - those warsuits are all T4+ AND require a CR of 53 MINIMUM and 1000 Marks of Triumph PER COMPONENT.)

Yeesh.