Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RaiderZ: Weekend Stress Test Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment has announced that it will be conducting a stress test of the RaiderZ servers throughout this weekend. All registered PWE players can take part and play through Monday, October 15th.

"Massive titles like RaiderZ , benefit greatly when developers have the opportunity to push game servers to their limits before launch," explains Senior Producer Mark Hill. "So, we'd like to invite everyone to see what RaiderZ is about this weekend and have fun hunting epic beasts with friends while we analyze our infrastructure and work toward a smooth launch. As a small token of appreciation, we've also got big plans for players this weekend, including special awards and in-game events."

Find out more about the weekend event on the RaiderZ site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

I was ready to participate here, until the GameGuard launcher popped open. I know some people don't mind, but I just don't like it.

I have plenty of other things to play.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• KoddoKoddo Member Posts: 151
    Gameguard is the bane of any game's existence. It usually causes more problems for the legitimate players than the hackers/cheaters they are trying to keep out.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The pen is mightier than the sword, and authority is mightier than the pen, but the sword is mightier than authority.

If you can't beat 'em, hold 'em off 'till you come up with a better plan.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by Koddo
    Gameguard is the bane of any game's existence. It usually causes more problems for the legitimate players than the hackers/cheaters they are trying to keep out.

I never had problem with these applications, dont know why all the fuss about it. Anyway this game is cool, i will play it for second mmo.

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    The game is impressive, pretty much as fun as GW2.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• zzx81zzx81 Member Posts: 53
    yea stress test alright.... testing the stress levels of players. It lagging like hell
  • SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by zzx81
    yea stress test alright.... testing the stress levels of players. It lagging like hell

i didnt have one lag yesterday, i didnt try it today tough. But you know that this is the purpose of a stress test..

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Yep the lag is bad but its not the standard choopy graphics and rubberbanding lag the game plays fine its just you cannot accept/finish quests, repair gear, buy stuff it takes anywhere from 1 to 30 minutes to update. I've logged out until later this evening and I'll try again. I bet they are glad the have had this stress test as this wouild have been a major no no in OB which is basically a release in f2p language. 

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.