Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming the 22nd of Oct

nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Be ready Tyira for Shadow of the Mad King.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

So be ready Halloween and other events coming soon.

Visit guildwars2.com

COMING SOON

Halloween is almost here.
There’s a baleful moon on the rise and a chill in the air.
Ghosts bemoan their lonesome graves,
and bats in the belfry grow restless and crazed.
Prepare your costume; get ready for sweets.
It’s almost time to shout, “Trick or treat!”

•  

Shadow of the Mad King

Release Overview

Halloween has a long history in Tyria, and in times past was always marked by the spirit of Mad King Thorn cavorting among the people unleashing his own brand of insanity. However, it’s been over 250 years since he was last seen, and for most people he is merely a figure of folklore. Despite this, rumors persist among the populace that something wicked this way comes.

Shadow of the Mad King is the first major game release for Guild Wars 2 and will go live on October 22. This new game update will include a number of new features for all of our players to enjoy, new content to explore and see, and a week-long Halloween event.

Release Highlights

Black Lion Trading Company

Never one to miss out on an opportunity, Evon Gnashblade has stocked all new items at the Black Lion Trading Company, including Halloween costumes and new transforms that will allow you to play Costume Brawl with fellow costumed players.

Tyria Evolving

The world continues to evolve with new events, jumping puzzles, bosses, mini-dungeons, and achievements appearing across a variety of maps.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

Comments

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    so people that can't afford to buy gems for costumes dont get to be in that part of the event? ..

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Hurray, cash shop items are their highlight! /facepalm

Oh well, hopefully they do add more to it and its not just very gimmicky. Not enough info to really warrent if we can expect something worth wild or not.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Luckily those with 2 brain cells will simply buy with gold joniko, I.e anyone playing the game. Those who don't actually play the game and make silly smart arse comments can comfort themselves with their own cleverness fortunately.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Nobody noticed new dynamic events, jumping puzzles, paid tournaments, bosses, mini dungeons and new achievements?

Can't wait to see them, as for costume you have plenty of time to get 500 gems for 3 gold or less...

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Ye looking forward to them, although I'm gOnnna resist the urge to research where they are.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    so people that can't afford to buy gems for costumes dont get to be in that part of the event? ..

Same people who can't afford paying $15 per month for other MMOs... or double standards?

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716

Have 1700 gems waiting and did not buy a one. So sure people will buys gems but you can also get them in game.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

Originally posted by nolic1

Have 1700 gems waiting and did not buy a one. So sure people will buys gems but you can also get them in game.

50 silver a piece for every 100? gotta be kidding me, I still have to get the 7 bank tabs and open up slots for bags.

• splitcoldsplitcold Member Posts: 73
    Originally posted by nolic1

50 silver a piece for every 100? gotta be kidding me, I still have to get the 7 bank tabs and open up slots for bags.

Just depends what you do while your ingame. When your close to 80 do dungeons then money and gear comes easy.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689
    You guys do realize you can buy gems for in game gold right?  I have 9 character slots and haven't spent a dime on them in real life.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

Originally posted by bingbongbros
    You guys do realize you can buy gems for in game gold right?  I have 9 character slots and haven't spent a dime on them in real life.

how much have you been playing?(/age) of course we know we can buy gems from in-game gold....thx for stating the obvious?

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Excited for the update. Might actually break open the wallet and purchase a few gems in anticipation, tho I still have around 700 gems that I just exchanged gold for, so depending on prices, it might not be too important to stock up.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Sitting on plenty of gems as well, never spent a dime on them as well. The kiddies will be knocking on the door to no avail....
  • Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

Nobody noticed new dynamic events, jumping puzzles, paid tournaments, bosses, mini dungeons and new achievements?

Can't wait to see them, as for costume you have plenty of time to get 500 gems for 3 gold or less...

Nope. Some where too busy complaining about their preconceived biases.

The things you list are what I centered in on.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

I've been looking forward to the first content patch, and am so happy it's on my favorite holiday. The Mad King quests and content was always fun in GW1, I'm sure it'll be crazy fun in GW2.

On top of that I've had ~700 gems waiting to be spent on halloween costumes. :D

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159

Course we all know that, it's just that $10 for 800 gems is a MUCH better deal, for most people.

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

Originally posted by Vhaln

Course we all know that, it's just that $10 for 800 gems is a MUCH better deal, for most people.

Some people use to spend 15 bucks a month and came to this game, some people don't mind spending 10 bucks a month because they love the game and want to support it. So its all opinionated.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

I just bought $20 worth of gems. I'll use some for a costume (I enjoyed GW1 cash shop costumes) and the rest I'll sell when the price begins to spike as we near the patch. It's funny how people bemoan spending $ on cash shop items but are 100% fine with paying $180 a year for a game that includes one content patch in that time. *cough*WoW*cough*. In my view any money I spend on gems is a reward directly to Anet as my form of saying 'thanks'. It's so refreshing to be able to spend money when I want.. not when the monthly bill comes along.

GW1 has some of the most fun and memorable holiday events in the genre, I fully expect GW2 to keep with tradition. Cant wait for this patch and all it will bring. :)

Originally posted by Fion

I just bought $20 worth of gems. I'll use some for a costume (I enjoyed GW1 cash shop costumes) and the rest I'll sell when the price begins to spike as we near the patch. It's funny how people bemoan spending $ on cash shop items but are 100% fine with paying $180 a year for a game that includes one content patch in that time. *cough*WoW*cough*. In my view any money I spend on gems is a reward directly to Anet as my form of saying 'thanks'. It's so refreshing to be able to spend money when I want.. not when the monthly bill comes along.

GW1 has some of the most fun and memorable holiday events in the genre, I fully expect GW2 to keep with tradition. Cant wait for this patch and all it will bring. :)

Exactly, I don't get it. Well I guess its not that suprising because if I recall correctly, 60 percent bought it and don't plan on buying gems with real money.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Rhianni32

Jumping Puzzels : P

I thought thats what we had Mario brothers for, Oh wait I get it. GW2 has much more mature and manly Jumping puzzels!

In the end a mindless time sink to test your twitch button mashing reflexes is just a mindless time sink to test your button mashing reflexes regardless of the game.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by winter

I thought thats what we had Mario brothers for, Oh wait I get it. GW2 has much more mature and manly Jumping puzzels!

In the end a mindless time sink to test your twitch button mashing reflexes is just a mindless time sink to test your button mashing reflexes regardless of the game.

Are you for reals, really? image

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Luckily those with 2 brain cells will simply buy with gold joniko, I.e anyone playing the game.

I have a full quota of brain cells, so I most definitely WON'T buy Halloween items for gold... or indeed any other method.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    Originally posted by winter

Are you for reals, really? image

He might of been drunk, least I hope.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.