Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 soon gets tedious and boring

14567810»

Comments

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Sentime
    Originally posted by wowclones
    lemme guess, this review comes after 140 hours of gameplay? get sick of these threads, "after level 60 there is nothing to do".   no one plays a "boring" game for that long.

Yeah except mmos are games you expect to play for years, not toss away like a single player game. 

I play more than one game at a time. It helps to break up any "tedious and boring" stretches that can happen in any game. Right now I'm going between GW2, MoP, and Vanguard. 

I have learned that no game last for years, otherwise we wouldn't be on these forums trying to learn from one another.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• mmofanaticmmofanatic Member UncommonPosts: 136
    lemme guess, this review comes after 140 hours of gameplay? get sick of these threads, "after level 60 there is nothing to do".   no one plays a "boring" game for that long.

Yeah except mmos are games you expect to play for years, not toss away like a single player game. 

If anyone honestly still believes this, after every over-hyped MMO release in the past ~5 years, then they are only fooling themselves.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

says who? if i get 3-6months of enjoyment from one I feel it was well worth my time. Hell if I have a blast for a month it was worth it.. it's about the fun for me

I agree Aerowyn!

320 hours total for me! That comes out to just over a nickle an hour to play. The more I play the less it cost me per hour!  Pretty soon ArenaNet will owe me money! hehe

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    As long as it was fun. Come back for expansions. That is what I will do. Of course, it has yet to get boring.
  • HolySaint333HolySaint333 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Plain and simple... We now live in a society where everyone wants more and more fast and gets bored with things they should not really easily... There is no more respect for things that are of good caliber, and that my friends leads to opinions. Maybe its because of the invention of the "like" button without dislike that leads to shit like this. Everyone is all fried out on liking things is what I take it.

Also, all of these topics on how MMORPG's stinking are getting old fast. I disagree with all of them. It is fact that everything keeps getting better and better, thats right, because you still have the option of playing older games that you use to/still love.

Don't fry your circuits, cause lord knows everything is not suppose to be 0's and 1's...

If you ask my opinion I'd have to wait for my turn! :)

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I think the Zytan battle says a lot.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by HolySaint333

Plain and simple... We now live in a society where everyone wants more and more fast and gets bored with things they should not really easily... There is no more respect for things that are of good caliber, and that my friends leads to opinions. Maybe its because of the invention of the "like" button without dislike that leads to shit like this. Everyone is all fried out on liking things is what I take it.

Also, all of these topics on how MMORPG's stinking are getting old fast. I disagree with all of them. It is fact that everything keeps getting better and better, thats right, because you still have the option of playing older games that you use to/still love.

Don't fry your circuits, cause lord knows everything is not suppose to be 0's and 1's...

Well said! :)

• drkorodrkoro Member UncommonPosts: 5

He has a point at all, but based not on CONTENT, but on patches and promisses given.

Im not saying all your replies are not valid, at start Id say same thing as you guys, but dont forget most didnt event reached the end-game as some did, we tested lots of stuff too. Neither Im saying we are better or worse than you, far from this read my entire post before having a wrong idea.

Its not a thing of hate or love the game, but its a view of lots end-game aspects too.

To achieve lv.80 takes like 1 week and half, without playing alot. If you know that playing D.E and SM are major exp (if you play hardcore, you could achieve 80 less than a week, most of our alliance got 80 before the servers were open to everyone, so that means like 5 days).

If you just planning on grind, your gonna level slow as hell.

Lots of us been here since BWE, so we saw alot of changes too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and over 500 other aliance mates played since BWE, we were expecting alot from ArenaNet which at BWE they showed an amazing job, fixing fast the bugs, interacting alot with us.

But when the release came out, just seens that magic they had its vanishing slowly, why ArenaNet, why???

I can enlist a lots of reasons:

1) Cant keep promisses

ArenaNet stated fiercily since start that GW2 was a game without the GRIND word. Only few weeks after release, we see grind and nerf at Karma system.

2) Game requirements

GW2 its not for cheap low-end 100bucks PC, I dont know why ArenaNet keep trying to tweak their game to that.

Its destroying everyone's fun at World vs World and even at PvE, since mobs and Enemies only loading almost at our noses now. It became a fight of ghosts. At BWE we could see the enemies rendered from very, very far.

3) Non explanable Bugs

We are seeing bugs we didnt even had at BWE, over and over quests, D.E and Npcs getting bugged without a reason. This is pretty strange at all, and once bugged everyone must wait 1 week till reset, to have a chance to do the quest (if it doesnt bug again, after reset).

4) The combat system could be more realistic

The way its developed make it pretty impossible to dodge stuff, while breaking physic rules as seeing arrows/bolts/fireballs doing curves and hitting you lol, the 2 dodges was their solution to just try fix such error at all, while they should have followed true combat system as Dragon Raja or other MMOs that wasnt so focused on follow the target at all cost.

5) Friend system

Still not completed, allowing free transfer to any server. This one of reasons which brought big imbalance at World vs World, plus insane amount of QUEUE for some servers.

6) Broken Queue system

Cant explain how... but queue system fails alot on hardcore populated T1 servers.

You can join BL in 1min, 5min.. or wait like 2h, 6h... forever. ArenaNet never explained how the Queue its truelly working.

7) Old hacks working here

While most of MMO's suffered from SpeedHack, MeleeHack, WallHack...

Unfortunatly we are seeing this here too, very sad seeing people using it and mocking arenaNet in their face.

Its not fun you see your ORB flying through wall and cross the entire map in 5s, believe me its NOT FUN.

8) Full Guild transfer

A promisse that still not implemented. Lots of top tier guilds (100% upgraded yet) couldnt move to other servers due to lose all upgrades they had. Some top tier guilds (which were over 100+ppl) just left game, while others got tired of waiting for a fix on this issue, and decided move, losing everything they had worked so hard since the 5days ahead start.

The list could keep going on... But I think this already gave you an idea of some stuff going on based on T1/T2 servers.

Some dont agree because your are a fanboy, but hey your same as me, Im a big fanboy too.

But theres a slight difference to notice things that were presented to us at beta, and changed drastically at LIVE, for bad unfortunatly. Lets see a thing as constructive criticism instead of just fanboy' ism (whatever it calls lol)

GW2 brought the best of tons of other MMO'S, but we need back that ArenaNet we had at BETA. Interacting more, bringing on true patches/fixes instead of just promisses.

RIFT: GW2 brought the D.E formula from there, I sure liked seeing this here, because I played RIFT too.

WoW n Warhammer: GW2 brought the dungeons based abit on them.

DaoC n Warhammer: GW2 concept of World vs World came basically from those 2 excellent games.

Warhammer: GW2 Siege Weapons looks exactly as same we had at Warhammer, I love it.

Warhammer: GW2 sPvP looks exactly as Warhammer Scenary. (honestly its fun at start, but later was one of the reasons that made me quit Warhammer, was boring all the badge farming for Tier stuff lol)

Sure have more MMO's too, I just enlisted some of I played long time ago. Feel free to add more :)

GW2 still has amazing potencial to get back on track, and improve it just depends on ArenaNet listen more their forum, and really put effort on fixing urgent stuff such World vs World, which was the main issue that brought thousands of players from other game here. Some might argue about PVe, but Guild Wars name already say it all, PVP focused.

I hope the game gets better because we love this game, and I already throw over 140 bucks on this game LOL :)

See ya image

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    You know 10 years ago we did not have this demanding, entitlement driven culture, it rally brings out the worst in people.

The simple questions you have to ask ( rather than walls of this and that) are as follows:

1 does the dev company care
    2 are they investing in the game
    3 are they prioritising correctly (I.e bugs/wvw performance comes before New features such as friends stuff)
    4 does the dev company have the talent to turnaround issues.

That's it, if you get yes for most of these then chill out, stop bring so uselessly over dramatic and entitlement driven, play the game and ignore the bits that annoy you on the knowledge you trust Anet are working hard in the right direction. The game is free to play!

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

That's a general statement it's not aimed at any individual ^^

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by drkoro

He has a point at all, but based not on CONTENT, but on patches and promisses given.

Im not saying all your replies are not valid, at start Id say same thing as you guys, but dont forget most didnt event reached the end-game as some did, we tested lots of stuff too. Neither Im saying we are better or worse than you, far from this read my entire post before having a wrong idea.

Its not a thing of hate or love the game, but its a view of lots end-game aspects too.

To achieve lv.80 takes like 1 week and half, without playing alot. If you know that playing D.E and SM are major exp (if you play hardcore, you could achieve 80 less than a week, most of our alliance got 80 before the servers were open to everyone, so that means like 5 days).

If you just planning on grind, your gonna level slow as hell.

Lots of us been here since BWE, so we saw alot of changes too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me and over 500 other aliance mates played since BWE, we were expecting alot from ArenaNet which at BWE they showed an amazing job, fixing fast the bugs, interacting alot with us.

But when the release came out, just seens that magic they had its vanishing slowly, why ArenaNet, why???

I can enlist a lots of reasons:

1) Cant keep promisses

ArenaNet stated fiercily since start that GW2 was a game without the GRIND word. Only few weeks after release, we see grind and nerf at Karma system.

Arenanet never stated there would be zero grind they said there would be no required grind. Crafted exotic armor is cheap. You wanting a specific good looking armor means you have to grind yes. Anet never stated otherwise in that regard

2) Game requirements

GW2 its not for cheap low-end 100bucks PC, I dont know why ArenaNet keep trying to tweak their game to that.

Its destroying everyone's fun at World vs World and even at PvE, since mobs and Enemies only loading almost at our noses now. It became a fight of ghosts. At BWE we could see the enemies rendered from very, very far.

Who says there are tweaking it for low end systems. The WvW thing was an error not due to tweaking

3) Non explanable Bugs

We are seeing bugs we didnt even had at BWE, over and over quests, D.E and Npcs getting bugged without a reason. This is pretty strange at all, and once bugged everyone must wait 1 week till reset, to have a chance to do the quest (if it doesnt bug again, after reset).

Games evolve. Where they once went left it now goes right, but the right side has a side effect that can cause a bug. It happens and whenever are bugs that explainable

4) The combat system could be more realistic

The way its developed make it pretty impossible to dodge stuff, while breaking physic rules as seeing arrows/bolts/fireballs doing curves and hitting you lol, the 2 dodges was their solution to just try fix such error at all, while they should have followed true combat system as Dragon Raja or other MMOs that wasnt so focused on follow the target at all cost.

It's a game with fireballs and magic, where a headshot doesn't insta kill and you want realism?

5) Friend system

Still not completed, allowing free transfer to any server. This one of reasons which brought big imbalance at World vs World, plus insane amount of QUEUE for some servers.

Should be last on the list of things to be fixed.

6) Broken Queue system

Cant explain how... but queue system fails alot on hardcore populated T1 servers.

You can join BL in 1min, 5min.. or wait like 2h, 6h... forever. ArenaNet never explained how the Queue its truelly working.

A queue doesn't need to be explained. If the map is full and no one leaves the queue simply doesn't move. You propbably just need a counter to show where in line you are.

7) Old hacks working here

While most of MMO's suffered from SpeedHack, MeleeHack, WallHack...

Unfortunatly we are seeing this here too, very sad seeing people using it and mocking arenaNet in their face.

Its not fun you see your ORB flying through wall and cross the entire map in 5s, believe me its NOT FUN.

You can't hackproof a game from the start. There will always be loopholes through which hackers can do stuff. The way Anet handles those is what is important.

8) Full Guild transfer

A promisse that still not implemented. Lots of top tier guilds (100% upgraded yet) couldnt move to other servers due to lose all upgrades they had. Some top tier guilds (which were over 100+ppl) just left game, while others got tired of waiting for a fix on this issue, and decided move, losing everything they had worked so hard since the 5days ahead start.

If whole guilds left because of something so trivial than they weren't enjoying the game to begin with and only wanted to epeen over the rest.

The list could keep going on... But I think this already gave you an idea of some stuff going on based on T1/T2 servers.

Some dont agree because your are a fanboy, but hey your same as me, Im a big fanboy too.

But theres a slight difference to notice things that were presented to us at beta, and changed drastically at LIVE, for bad unfortunatly. Lets see a thing as constructive criticism instead of just fanboy' ism (whatever it calls lol)

GW2 brought the best of tons of other MMO'S, but we need back that ArenaNet we had at BETA. Interacting more, bringing on true patches/fixes instead of just promisses.

RIFT: GW2 brought the D.E formula from there, I sure liked seeing this here, because I played RIFT too.

Extremely questionable if you know the history of Guild Wars Utopia and why it was cancelled. The game engine for GW1 couldn't handle what they wanted to do in Utopia. So they scrapped it and started working on GW2 or more specific the engine needed that could handle it. While the rest of the designers worked on EotN as a substitute for Utopia.  

WoW n Warhammer: GW2 brought the dungeons based abit on them.

DaoC n Warhammer: GW2 concept of World vs World came basically from those 2 excellent games.

Warhammer: GW2 Siege Weapons looks exactly as same we had at Warhammer, I love it.

Warhammer: GW2 sPvP looks exactly as Warhammer Scenary. (honestly its fun at start, but later was one of the reasons that made me quit Warhammer, was boring all the badge farming for Tier stuff lol)

Sure have more MMO's too, I just enlisted some of I played long time ago. Feel free to add more :)

GW2 still has amazing potencial to get back on track, and improve it just depends on ArenaNet listen more their forum, and really put effort on fixing urgent stuff such World vs World, which was the main issue that brought thousands of players from other game here. Some might argue about PVe, but Guild Wars name already say it all, PVP focused.

I hope the game gets better because we love this game, and I already throw over 140 bucks on this game LOL :)

See ya image

• drkorodrkoro Member UncommonPosts: 5

Conmacart, I appreciate your reply. Maybe I didnt stated things clearly?

The grind im refering its duo to the Cooking professing and Karma stuff nerf, did you even read the entire phrase?

We know that Exotic armor are very easy to get full set, I think you got mistaken by Legendary Weapons which are strongly grind focused for just a skin, so for World vs World/PVe stat-wise kinda useless mostly. But most dont care for legendary, since it disappointed alot when we saw it was just a skin.

-Game requirements-

About game requirements, wasnt an error only at World vs World, its happening on both PVE and World vs World, GW2 World vs World its exactly what we had at Warhammer, there it was called Realm vs Realm, but what surprise us, its how come Anet cant manage to hold the same amount of players in one spot as Warhammer could without any lag or rendering problems. 

We even moved this week to those last servers, trying to check if it was based on population. And for our surprise, we saw this happening here too at PVE/WvWvW. Even when we see OUTMANED BUFF. If a Borderland cant hold actually 666 players decently as it was designed for, imagine when they increase the amount to 1000 as it was promissed long time ago (since last BWE)?

-Bugs-

About bugs its quite clearly jumping the Open Beta phase was a big mistake, but Anet was forced to it anyway. The game was meant to be released only around November. So we aknowledge it will exist bugs, but doing resets and not even respawning the missing npcs, wont help. Like this week, we have all Borderlands JP bugged, we just had World vs World reset hours ago, and they forgot to check the Lockroom problem. (If you know, BL-JP are a great resource of Siege BP for everyone, so it has an important role too).

-Combat system-

About combat system, I think you didnt had the luck to play some old MMO's that used such system?

Where we had skills based on cast-direction instead of character autotarget as we are seeing here. At old scheme wasnt just using auto-target to get your hits landing non-stop, you had ways to avoid being hit by switching the angle and movement.

If you are running away from someone, and he's shooting arrows at your back, moving like 2 steps aside could cause them to miss your back. But here we see the arrows making curve and landing your back. Guess now you understand the point, its not a 2 dodges fight, it could go way beyound that...

I dont know if Gw1 used such terrible auto-target system as we saw at GW2, but this really not realistic (now do you understand the realist term Im refering? Its about direction, routing) as some old games presented years ago, It used to have more challenge at using skills and making them land at your target. Want a better in-game example, just go PVE and see a ranged mob shoot you while you running zig-zag, it still hit you with their bolt/fireball/dart because the auto-target its locked on you after it was shot, so it must land no matter if you switch direction. Or use the Phoenix skill at Elementalist, so you have an idea how the projectiles/magic should behave, its orientation by a path, not by target-lock.

-Queue System-

Queue System, I think you didnt faced what we had at T1 HoD server...

While we waited 3h, 6h just stopped at LA (avoiding any zone switch or anything to prevent any mess up at queue), some Aliance mates login at the game, and enter borderlands in 2-3mins, while we still waiting. We know our maps are very populated, but when we see people who just fresh login, queue, instant join or wait like only 5 mins, something its wrong.

The counter doesnt matter in such issue, because its jumping the queue line, do you understand?

-Bigger Guilds leaving-

Maybe was my fault only telling a glimpse of the entire story of Queue + Guild Transfer + Lack of Challenge.

If you knowed the drama around this, and the havok from the imbalance that everyone wanted to be fix, and Anet just crossed their arms doing nothing, listening no one at all. T1/T2 servers getting beaten badly by only T1 server because of free transfer allowing overpopulation. 

Everytime that T1 server won, the defeated server lost guilds on free transfer to the winner. Which aggravated more the competition, which ended as no-competition at all.  Plus fighting every week the same 2-3 servers, was annoying for those top 4 servers too, and the lack of any motivation to keep yourself at TOP TIER, since theres no prize or benefit at all.

Even biggest alliances proposed to move asap Anet released the fix, but some got tired of waiting, plus no competition at all, no prizes, the queue still working weird. Some gave up waiting on Anet, and moved to ArchAge and other games, while other guilds decided to lose a 100% upgraded Guild features (Only big guilds had 100% upgrades in 2-3 weeks of game, so achieving that its not easy as some think it is), to try balance T1/T2 tiers by themselves, moving to other servers before way more bigger alliances leave the game.

Considering the alliance had over 1000 members, and the only reason to play GW2 was the World vs World, this was just one of many cold water bucket's they got at their faces. Even enemy alliance lost guilds too duo to this reason.

You might think its just trivial reason to leave the game, is it really? Because when we see like 150 guys at TS waiting at queue over 3-6h, and see like only 40-50 of them getting inside a BL like a randon lotery...

Your queued, but your chance to get inside its the same as the other player who just login and queue now. Sounds fair?

You might consider at least 100 guys are stopped there, waiting to play but wasted their night on queue, while they could had fun together. So moving to a game that could fit their crew, was a reasonable reason, since they are friends and want to play together. (for those guys, World vs World its the only fun GW2 offers to them).

-Hacks-

Sure any game cant be 100% hackproof, but seeing people abuse over and over and no bans around upset everyone. The matter here is no GM's looking over. The community really want to see bans for such abusers.

About full guilds transfer, I believe you never stepped into T1/T2 servers. Theres a big different reality stated at this forum, and the Oficial Forum.

-Comparision with other Games-

For god's sake, I stopped playing GW1 only few days after I tried, because I think it was very restricted engine, plus movement too. 

So far most of everything we seeing here, its just the best from other big great MMO's. What its extremelly questionable is do you believe everything at here came out from nothing? As It never existed all those stuff at other MMO's I enlisted?

Lots of Warhammer and DaoC players say why GW2 makes em happy to play, its because this game could bring the best of their loved games, and mix it just in one.

Hell yea, I loved both games, and Love this one too.  We criticize because we want to see the game work smooth.

If we didnt care, we wouldnt waste 70 bucks only to buy it, quite simple.

Dang its 9Am, and I still didnt sleep.

Have fun everyone, Im going sleep or I'll die LOL.

And so another pointless wall of subjective opinion hits. Re my points above, rather than a wall of text, ask yourself do you think Anet are trying to solve the problem- that's what this is really implying, some form of incompetent behaviour.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

I thought you had to use WASD to move and the mouse to look... didnt think you could move with the mouse alone.

hold down both mouse buttons.. this is pretty standard with most MMOs

LOL, thanks Aerowyn :-)   I had to log on to try it to believe it.  Too awkward for me to even imagine it would work.

Learn something new everyday...

Actually you can turn much faster using the mouse than wasd. It is something you need to train your brain to do, but I like it much better in PvP. 

Well I guess I use both.  I use W and S to walk foward/back, and I use A and D to strafe ... using the mouse to look/aim which makes me turn.   Dont think I could use A and D to turn (which was the default setting).  Was weird to me.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Huh, I had been playing GW2 for over a month now and I never realized that the cities were instanced until I read the OP's post lol :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662

Remember that you're speaking for yourself and people will bash you for sharing your uninterest in GW2.

I enjoy the game, so i won't read your post, OP. If you can give examples on how to improve the game to your liking and give GW2 criticsm without a wall of text i would have read it. Make your post as much informative you can and don't go into personal stuff to much, just write the stuff you don't like and how they can be made better.

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by InFlamestwo

Remember that you're speaking for yourself and people will bash you for sharing your uninterest in GW2.

I enjoy the game, so i won't read your post, OP. If you can give examples on how to improve the game to your liking and give GW2 criticsm without a wall of text i would have read it. Make your post as much informative you can and don't go into personal stuff to much, just write the stuff you don't like and how they can be made better.

Are you seriously going to dictate how people post?  I really don't get control freaks like you.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Creslin321
    Huh, I had been playing GW2 for over a month now and I never realized that the cities were instanced until I read the OP's post lol :).

How could you not see it? You have loading screen each time you go to or leave the city, another things besides that it can be easily seen on design of the city (no obvious gates to it, certain urban design to cover instancing fact that can be seen on map if you analize it,  obvious portals, etc)

It kinda it throwed in your face from 1st time you go to city...

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699

says who? if i get 3-6months of enjoyment from one I feel it was well worth my time. Hell if I have a blast for a month it was worth it.. it's about the fun for me

To a certain extent I agree with you. I've bought ever major MMO that has come out for god knows how many years, and the only one I regret buying was FFXI. All the others (probably even GW2, though at the moment it's dangerously close to FFXI on my list) I feel I got my money's worth out of. Even if I just played a month or two, I had fun and maybe learned a thing of two.

You play, have fun, and when it's not fun anymore, you move on -- no biggie.

OTOH, I played GW1 for two years. I played WoW for four. I played WAR for a year. I played AoC, CoH, Rift, and god knows how many others for between six and nine months. I've played Eve off and on for god knows how many years, albeit rarely for more than a month at a time. The progression has, sadly, definitely been downhill, with ToR -- which, frankly, I didn't think was a great game, but wasn't a fraction as bad as is commonly claimed here -- lasting me maybe three months.

I got my money's worth out of all those games, and god knows how many more, and I don't regret the money or time spent, but I wish something could hold me the way WoW did or even GW1 or WAR. I do wish there was a game I enjoyed enough to hang round playing for long enough to amass a history with it, rather than most of these games being barely memorable when you are playing them, let alone months later.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I don't think its tedious or boring.

And, I don't agree with any thing you wrote.

Good day, sir.

+1

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641
    Originally posted by kertin
    Originally posted by RogueTroopa

I've tried to like this game. Personally the only reason it will succeed is because there's no sub. If there was it would soon end up like SWTOR, Tera and Rift.

The combat system isn't good. Too dam fiddly having to constantly use the right mouse button to turn yourself around. It breaks combat. Just plain annoying. Even the combat for each class gets tedious after awhile. For example firing a rifle being blown backwards is a good novelty but after a dozen or so times its irritating.

Dynamic Events get more and more repetitive.  Am sick to death of escorting quests. Really do we have to escort people at least ten times in every zone? Its designed as a clever timesink to make you feel you progress at a slow pace. Even if its nott escort, its kill a thousand centaurs, bandits, worms. YAWN AND MORE YAWN.

Personal Story- Even more tiresome quests which involved escorting or saving someone. More bandits and centaurs. Great. 

Gear- Can buy stuff with karma or pick up off the odd random mob. Most of the karma vendors don't have much and the majority of loot you pick is crafting stuff. Yawn another timesink.

The World- Didn't get a feeling of OMG this is epic.  Where's the decent music scores in this game? Cities are instanced nuff said.

Replayability value- the thought of getting to even level 30, then re-rolling and going through the dynamic event system again makes me feel nauseous. zerg fests of button mashing in every zone is not my idea of fun.

Let them play few weeks:) they will realise it too but it wants time...You said how I felt in Closed beta. More and more ppl start to have the same opinion about this game. Its so overhyped game that lots of ppl is blinded right now. But events are more repetitive and boring than usual kill x rats: ))

Again....in YOUR opinion.  I completely disagree with everything you've said there and I've been playing since open beta weekends and have played continually up to this point.  Your opinion doesn't mean anything to anyone but you....neither does mine.  Trying to convince other people is really just arrogance.  For instance, you don't see me wasting this post trying to convince you you're wrong, do you?  All I'm trying to communicate is the truth of what an opinion is....everyone has one....and the fact that I disagree with yours. 

I couldn't care less what you think of the game and honestly....shouldn't you feel the same way about all the people that like it, since you don't?  It really isn't a threat to you if others like the game.  /shrug

Back to my thief.  Asta la vista.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    well to OP i see every feature s/he mentioned as positivew and working well (if its not bugged) so i strongly disagreee, also although i dont play Rift, or i dont like it much, i see that its not doing bad, it keeps one player base which is healthy and i see some really awesome upgrades !