Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More Starvault censorship

HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Note to Henrik: You might wsnt to stop pissing off your remaining players.  If they are unhappy with your game...FIX IT!!!

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/why-do-we-have-general-discussion.79496/

Comments

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Not to mention the entire other games section has been deleted.
  • princeydearboyprinceydearboy Member Posts: 1
    They are shooting themselves in the foot. do they expect to get more subs? lol? We play what we want to play. sv can go to hell.
  • RilmanRilman Member CommonPosts: 35
    What a stupid move, isolate any remaining people who might have actually subbed to the game some day, they are so fucking stupid my mind boggles at it.
  • BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Seems SV think people only read their forums and nothing else, and silencing any uncomfortable discussion about other games will suddenly make MO popular and fun again.

What will happen is of course that the 10 fanboys still posting over there will be all alone now. All the reasonable people will stop posting since all criticism gets muted, and the unsubbed people that used to hang out in the OG section are now silenced as well. So you basically have a few rabid supporters posting about how awesome this dying, broken game is.

Reminds me of a Soviet newspaper around 1989.

Edit: noticed that the link had already been posted.

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713
    Originally posted by Biskop
    Seems SV think people only read their forums and nothing else, and silencing any uncomfortable discussion about other games will suddenly make MO popular and fun again.

What will happen is of course that the 10 fanboys still posting over there will be all alone now. All the reasonable people will stop posting since all criticism gets muted, and the unsubbed people that used to hang out in the OG section are now silenced as well. So you basically have a few rabid supporters posting about how awesome this dying, broken game is.

Biskop- While I normaly respect (and generally agree with) your opinions and posts- I must say that by comparing MO Forums to a Soviet newspaper from 1989 you are doing the Soviets a disservice. They at least had the ILLUSION of a free press...

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

Biskop- While I normaly respect (and generally agree with) your opinions and posts- I must say that by comparing MO Forums to a Soviet newspaper from 1989 you are doing the Soviets a disservice. They at least had the ILLUSION of a free press...

oh you mean like modern Press in the US in 2012? (same to be honest, most people just don't know it yet.)

Honestly ... we in the US rejoiced when the wall fell... but the sad truth is even though we think we won, we lost. The US is slowly becoming the Enemy it defeated. Something like SV's game forums are just the tip the of the iceberg. It's happening all over modern society.

There was a Science Fiction Novel I read years ago who's storyline was a sad parallel to real life events, just different specifics. It was thoroughly enjoyable reading and thoroughly scary. The thought occured to me while reading it years ago that perhaps one day it could actually happen... but I quickly dismissed that idea as impossible.

Good point SaintPhilip.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

Well, SV's forums are free in a similar way; you can write what you like as long as you agree with the propaganda department's view on things. : )

• psykobillypsykobilly Member Posts: 338
    Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Not to mention the entire other games section has been deleted.

Wow they are pretty scared of Darkfall UW...  That thread on other games was FILLED with existing players going over there.

Censorship is always a bad PR move.  Henrik needs to go so the game can progress.

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Originally posted by SHOE788

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/when-will-sv-understand.79614/

Henny mad

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zfl6vq.jpg

Screenie for when Henryck realizes how stupid he is and deletes it. Man, poor Hendrick. Game development could be so nice if only those fucking customers didn't want something for their money and got on his balls all the time.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Its been known for a long time there is this unwritten rule of "do not do anything that affects Starvault". If you're in violation of this you'll see your thread disappear.

I remember this instance I commented about Discord giving his account away (video can be found on youtube) and harming everyones personal information which was apparently so anti-SV and "not true" (even know there is video proof lol) that they deleted the entire thread which I did not start.

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    I'm sorry but discord should of been let go by now.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

Starvault cant afford real GMs

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by FastSloth
    Originally posted by SHOE788

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/when-will-sv-understand.79614/

Henny mad

http://i48.tinypic.com/1zfl6vq.jpg

Screenie for when Henryck realizes how stupid he is and deletes it. Man, poor Hendrick. Game development could be so nice if only those fucking customers didn't want something for their money and got on his balls all the time.

Heh, what happened to the rule that developers should not moderate the threads? pretty sure he close it right after answering. 

• hungerjackhungerjack Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by Celusios

Its been known for a long time there is this unwritten rule of "do not do anything that affects Starvault". If you're in violation of this you'll see your thread disappear.

I remember this instance I commented about Discord giving his account away (video can be found on youtube) and harming everyones personal information which was apparently so anti-SV and "not true" (even know there is video proof lol) that they deleted the entire thread which I did not start.

Not just that but admin also has the power to secretly throttle your forum account's bandwith to a crawl instead of simply banning you.

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

Yes I totally agree. There has been so many problems presented about this guy with no care from Henrik. At this point i'm truly thinking Discord has something important of SV's and is blackmailing them if ever removed or something.

• hungerjackhungerjack Member Posts: 14

Yes I totally agree. There has been so many problems presented about this guy with no care from Henrik. At this point i'm truly thinking Discord has something important of SV's and is blackmailing them if ever removed or something.

Seb def needs to get the boot, but he was probably the only dev who took the gig for the lowest dollar Henrik offered.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045

What was the last GM Sv "fired" I mean had renamed?