Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ok we finally know what's wrong with the AI

2»

Comments

• LinseshLinsesh Member Posts: 14
    Originally posted by hungerjack

No offense but is this a Greek and Swedish thing????

These two companies seem to have absolute horrible work and business ethics.

That's a mighty large leap of logic of the sort:

"I have seen one cup and it was blue. Could it be that all cups are blue?" image

We'd find life pretty hard without inductive reasoning, but I think you've set the evidence bar a little too low.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411
    Originally posted by Hancakes
    Originally posted by fenistil
    People still play this?   

Many dont, but they still pay their subs.  image

I noticed the same with Adventurine.

No offense but is this a Greek and Swedish thing????

Hey, I heard this guy Bernard Madoff screwed whole country over for $65 billions. No offense, but is that a US thing?

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    People still play this?   

Don't get it.   Okay I am myself sandbox fan. I really would love to have a game like UO or SWG - of course with many things changed (like awful reliance on macroing cause of how many things were designed).    Still continuesly backing up a project that developers proved many times they don't have skills (and propably realisitc coherent vision and resources) to get it done good.    Seriously imho better to not play any mmo at all than to play and support game when it's developers practicaly spit you in the face and are totally incompetent. 

I am all for ambitious people but it seems that SV never were able to pull it of.  Really should've started with something less ambitious , learn how to programm things and earn some money.   On the other hand it still would not fix their attitue...

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    I lol'd alot at the thread, very unprofessional, but then i lol'd again because all that replied to that thread is probably all that is left playing the poor game :)
    Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG
  • BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Oh man.

That dev just pissed over those guys and all they do is yell "SIR THANK YOU SIR". And he's actually using dudespeak? OH MAN!

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    People still play this?   

Don't get it.  

Its crazy isn't it? I think many of the hardcore followers let their personal feelings for Henrik get in the way of sound judgement.  Its like a gaggle of 12-14 years girls at a Justin Bieber concert. image

• oreal52oreal52 Member UncommonPosts: 79

This game really isn't going anywhere ( backwards maybe )

Problem with the AI ?!?!?!

We had that problem in 2010 juli...

Buy the "game" and pay subscription...really!? and for what ?!

This game is just the perfect description of "epic fail"

Keeps me wondering how is SV still alive ?! i mean HOW ?! image

Originally posted by oreal52

Because operating a low profile mmorpg is relatively cheap once it's launched. Say there are still 1.5k subs. Say it costs 13eur/month to balance between EU and US players. To have five developers (what I think the current number is), at a 2300EUR/month salary takes 11500EUR. Rest goes for electric and server bills. They can stay afloat at minimum resources. 

Originally posted by Toferio

Because operating a low profile mmorpg is relatively cheap once it's launched. Say there are still 1.5k subs. Say it costs 13eur/month to balance between EU and US players. To have five developers (what I think the current number is), at a 2300EUR/month salary takes 11500EUR. Rest goes for electric and server bills. They can stay afloat at minimum resources. 

Ummm what? Starvault has been losing money since release, you seem to be implying they are self sustaining.  Based on Starvault last report they need over 1500 new subs to even just even.

Developers for $36000 USD a year, you must be joking. 

• hungerjackhungerjack Member Posts: 14
    Doesn't  Henrik come from a wealthy family?

Ummm what? Starvault has been losing money since release, you seem to be implying they are self sustaining.  Based on Starvault last report they need over 1500 new subs to even just even.

I am only speculating at how they can stay afloat and pay their staff. Considering the state of the game, I think they are going at minimum wages just to keep it afloat. 

I am only speculating at how they can stay afloat and pay their staff. Considering the state of the game, I think they are going at minimum wages just to keep it afloat. 

Once again you seem to be overlooking the fact they arent staying afloat, even after the drastic reductions in staff.  Im not sure where the money's coming from, but it isnt from MO.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    biggest fail in MMO history; will Ember of Caerus beat it? time will tell

• hungerjackhungerjack Member Posts: 14
    I was gonna say well maybe Henrik will rage and just sell the project, but then again who the hell would want to touch any code that Seb has made.
  • w4ffl3w4ffl3 Member Posts: 36
    I was gonna say well maybe Henrik will rage and just sell the project, but then again who the hell would want to touch any code that Seb has made.

I actually think SV tried to sell MO (or get bought out by a bigger company) a couple times before.  They were at Gamescom last year, in particular, and they went silent for a few weeks.  Rumor has it they were trying to sell the game.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700
    Originally posted by w4ffl3

I actually think SV tried to sell MO (or get bought out by a bigger company) a couple times before.  They were at Gamescom last year, in particular, and they went silent for a few weeks.  Rumor has it they were trying to sell the game.

So this new fundraiser is now their cash out option

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoB_MDSkHms&feature=youtu.be&t=54s

Originally posted by w4ffl3

Well according to Henrik many parties were interested in MO.   MY ASS! They dont have anything worth selling.  If Starvault actually thought MO was worth anything they'd be buying back the stock. It peeked around 3.20 SEK and is now at 0.12Sek

What happened to the server in China? (LeKool)

OnLegends?

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by Biskop

Fucking pathetic.

^^ Sums it up.

And that restaurant analogy that someone else posted was hilarious. Reminds me of restaurants in Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

"These tomatos are ROTTEN!! ROTTEN!! I ate here you dimwit!!" lol