Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SV to beg for more money...

SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

SV is considering begging for more of your real life lootz since apparently more $$$ will make Seb learn how to code and GMs learn a bit of tact... maybe they will use this cash they are begging for to send the GMs to "charm" school and enroll seb in an introductery Computer Class- never know...

I just cannot fucking FOR THE LIFE OF ME believe they are actually contemplating this. So they must really think more money will fix this mess.

/rolls eyes

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/supporters-of-mo.79645/

I honestly dont know what to think at this point...I mean, really?????? REALLY????? REALLY????REALLY????

Then some guy brings up the Vet rewards SV promised from long ago and gets called a "crying kid"- I guess everytime SV promises something and doesnt deliver, being angry is CRYING.

But, give em some more $$$ AND AL WILL BE WELL. this time THEY WILL DELIVER...And when they do NOT deliver and people ask about what happened to all the donated money- They will respond by calling them "Crying babies who dont get what they want" (while cashing their checks) ...

Comments

• SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

-All I have to say is this.

Go ahead SV, go to Kickstart, indiegogo, or anywhere... I will be there to quote the dev team and post videos of the last two years.

Heres a quote I am sure "backers" would love to hear...

This is the lead dev who cannot code making fun of supporters who are reaching the end of their rope concerning his ability to do ANYTHING which works.

"Q: OMG Why AI run away then come back LOL:
    A: AI has issues, the 'run away then come back' is a bug, the fail fear check, flee but something doesn't clear good enough and they decide to come back."

"Q: ZOMG Why u no make troll and add? U had all dem grafix!
    A: We do have the troll, it does have all the graphics and animations. But we want it to pick you up. And doing requires code, a fair amount of code."

You don't say, Sebastian Persson..

"Q: Why you LIE and say you fix it when U did not NOOBSEB!
    A: I did! Every note
    in the patchnotes about changes to the AI is indeed a improvement, it's just been a bunch of fairly minor improvements"

-I cannot wait....

EDIT: SV you guys are the biggest fucking incompetent idiots I have ever personally seen and experienced... After the disrespect you have shown the community and continuing to put your feet in your mouth on a regular basis - It will be SO easy to use your own words to make you the laughing stock of whatever service you use to try and raise funding... And I also cannot wait till you try (again) to get on Steam.

You fucking idiots have pissed so many people off it isnt funny- Its not just your inability to make a game which works, nor your amature coding which is bugged beyond belief- Its your ATTITUDE... If this were merely a "Bad Game" I think most of us would not bother posting- Its a bad game with an incompetent and egotistical "team" who regularly insults the community-

Good luck with this- And jusy so you know- Wherever you go. I will follow. =)

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Pointless and misleading thread. The idea originated from community and I have yet to see any dev actually commenting on it. A moderator asking community what they thought of the idea brought up by another member of community is hardly "SV begging for money". I am all in for SV bashing but at least stay objective.

Originally posted by Toferio

Pointless and misleading thread. The idea originated from community and I have yet to see any dev actually commenting on it. A moderator asking community what they thought of the idea brought up by another member of community is hardly "SV begging for money". I am all in for SV bashing but at least stay objective.

-Isnt that the lead GM?(not "some moderator") And look at where the thread is (its not in the general section but rather in the area where "official" threads are- next to server status.)

I do not think this is misleading- This idea is being officially entertained and they are asking for feedback.

EDIT: It is in the "important posts" area, above server status, above "normal posts" in an area where only official SV "employees" can move threads. Note: Henrick is (and has been ) online so he is well aware of the thread and it being moved to "important threads" and handled by GM Theia as well- In other words, they ARE entertaining this idea officially.

EDIT 2- Let me also add that Sebs little "OMG Ai no work lolz" post has reinvigerated (and surpassed) my SV hate- That was so utterly disrespectful and just...immature. Coming from a company which has lied, scammed and cannot code for shit- Selling a broken product and then making fun of the community... So yeah... I was floored when I read that. They cheat, lie, scam. hype and never deliver. Products still a broken mess 2+ years later- That took balls to post that.

Rather than an appology or a serious response to the plethora of issue wh=ith this game (after 2+ years of going "gold") we got a smart assed response from a guy who has trouble with the complexities of "HELLO WORLD"

• YojimboBimboYojimboBimbo Member Posts: 162
    Yeah, I think the whole idea is stupid.  Those players over there obviously have way too much time and money on their hands and SV should be ashamed at entertaining the idea of accepting those types of contributions without releasing a product worthy of the original sub fee in the first place.  
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Random player posts and idea on a forum, a CM asks what people think about the idea = It is definitely happening?

/facepalm

Originally posted by YojimboBimbo
    Yeah, I think the whole idea is stupid.  Those players over there obviously have way too much time and money on their hands and SV should be ashamed at entertaining the idea of accepting those types of contributions without releasing a product worthy of the original sub fee in the first place.  

The comments are getting very lulzy.

The guy with the rainbow panda avatar is fucking right on when he says "I agree. The fact that SV has not made good on a lot of promises, yet ppl want to throw them money bamboozles me. There is no guarantee that you will even get these rewards in a timely manner if ever at all. If you all have money to throw away, I know a guy who is a selling a horse..."

-Actually that guy makes alot of good points in many threads he participates in...Which makes me wonder why he still plays when he seems quite sensible...

-But yeah...

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Random player posts and idea on a forum, a CM asks what people think about the idea = It is definitely happening?

/facepalm

Let me reiterate some things here.

1) yes random player brings it up

2) LEAD GM says "good idea, whats everyone think?"...Note: Not a CM, not a MOD-

3) community responds

4) thread is moved to an "official area"- Note: An official area, above server status and under the heading "IMPORTANT THREADS)

5) Henrick is online the entie time and clearly knows this thread and discussion was moved to IMPORTANT THREADS

6) the first (yes FIRST) sentence of my post was that SV was CONSIDERING.... Why you would /facepalm and say I said it was "definitley happening" when CONSIDERING was at the very first part of my post is beyond me...

7) your reading comprehension = /facepalm

• FastSlothFastSloth Member Posts: 132
    Confirming that immature lying thieving daydreamers turn into professional coders if you just throw enough money at them.
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by SaintPhilip

-Actually that guy makes alot of good points in many threads he participates in...Which makes me wonder why he still plays when he seems quite sensible...

You answered your own question. 

He's behaving like a sensible adult.  The only people that get anywhere behaving like a 6 year old who isn't getting their way are 6 year olds. 

The fact that SV is the ONLY company attempting to make this sort of game is reason enough for many people to support them. 

Sensible adults don't mislead people. 

"I just cannot fucking FOR THE LIFE OF ME believe they are actually contemplating this." 

"SV is considering begging for more of your real life lootz"

"maybe they will use this cash they are begging for"

"will respond by calling them "Crying babies who dont get what they want"

"This is the lead dev who cannot code making fun of supporters"

Sensible adults don't resort to:

"cannot fucking"

"biggest fucking incompetent idiots"

"It will be SO easy to use your own words"

"You fucking idiots"

"Wherever you go. I will follow. =)"

"your reading comprehension = /facepalm"

I can only imagine what it must be like for someone who directs their efforts towards creating something, to get feedback and critisism like this.  Sarcasm doesn't really translate well over the internet.  Sarcasm in general isn't exactly easy to pick up on in person, it's kind of the point ot it.  As an incredibly sarcastic person myself, I can only imagine that if my art was critisized in the tone that I see a lot of people critisizing them, I would become one incredibly sarcastic bastard in my responces. 

Sebs isn't stupid, far from it.   

Originally posted by Uhwop

You answered your own question. 

He's behaving like a sensible adult.  The only people that get anywhere behaving like a 6 year old who isn't getting their way are 6 year olds. 

The fact that SV is the ONLY company attempting to make this sort of game is reason enough for many people to support them. 

Sensible adults don't mislead people. 

"I just cannot fucking FOR THE LIFE OF ME believe they are actually contemplating this." 

"SV is considering begging for more of your real life lootz"

"maybe they will use this cash they are begging for"

"will respond by calling them "Crying babies who dont get what they want"

"This is the lead dev who cannot code making fun of supporters"

Sensible adults don't resort to:

"cannot fucking"

"biggest fucking incompetent idiots"

"It will be SO easy to use your own words"

"You fucking idiots"

"Wherever you go. I will follow. =)"

"your reading comprehension = /facepalm"

I can only imagine what it must be like for someone who directs their efforts towards creating something, to get feedback and critisism like this.  Sarcasm doesn't really translate well over the internet.  Sarcasm in general isn't exactly easy to pick up on in person, it's kind of the point ot it.  As an incredibly sarcastic person myself, I can only imagine that if my art was critisized in the tone that I see a lot of people critisizing them, I would become one incredibly sarcastic bastard in my responces. 

I really have to take a step back and consider that responding properly to your post would take far more time than I have-

-So, suffice it to say that there is a huge History here (which I am sure you are aware of) where constructive critizism has gotten us nowhere, threads deleted/censored and accounts banned- Thus many post here and its long past the point of TRYING to be constructive.

Seb may not be stupid, but he is incompetent as a Dev/programmer... If he was competent we would see this game past the Beta stage after 2+ years. We do not.

As far a critizing your Art-  fully concur... But if you are taking money for said art/service you are now a profesional and best act like one and have the skill to "back it up"- If I enjoyed Auto mechanics (I do) but suck at it (I do) but charge money to fix someones shit and end up making it worse- That critizism of my "art" is well founded. If I offer to change someones Oil for FREE and fuck it up- Well, you get what you pay for, right?

SV is like the incompetent auto mechanic who charges high dollar for repairs, breaks more than they fix and then belittles the customer (victim) for complaining.

Game cost more than most AAA titles and the team is incompetent and (honestly) scammers and theives.

The time for constructive feedback (on my part) was long ago over-

EDIT- And I will say AGAIN- The incompetent dev named seb who has difficulty programming HELLO WORLD has opened this can of worms with his "mock post" making the people asking genuin questions such as "why is this game still in between alpha/beta- why are the promises never delivered?" to be idiotts when HE (and SV) are the idiots (and theives)

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Uhwop

Sadly,  Henrik cant buy talent, so him and the other SV clowns get what they deserve.

HI Theia image

• w4ffl3w4ffl3 Member Posts: 36

This is a dumb idea because SV won't be able to create a sustainable business off of this sort of donation.  It may make them break even for, say, a month (doubtful, if I remember correctly breaking even just one month would require $10K more than they already get now), but then what?  Keep asking for donations every month?

The other reason this is a dumb idea is because it isn't going to populate the game world.  All it will do is keep a braindead game on life support.

Originally posted by w4ffl3

This is a dumb idea because SV won't be able to create a sustainable business off of this sort of donation.  It may make them break even for, say, a month (doubtful, if I remember correctly breaking even just one month would require $10K more than they already get now), but then what?  Keep asking for donations every month?

The other reason this is a dumb idea is because it isn't going to populate the game world.  All it will do is keep a braindead game on life support.

Best part is they are talking about some epic shit like a talking parrot- The ideals are flying around...Problem is, not only can they not code something simple like a patcher, but this will take away from dev time for bug fixing.

-So, another example of SVs priorities. They would rather begin (essentially) a cash shop than fix the game and the bugs which have, in some case, been there since launch.

It is readily agreed they will not make enough to hire another dev- So what is this charity for? How does this help the game atr all.

-I cannot wait to see this half assed and bugged parrot (assuming they go with one) lol

EDIT: Someone said THIS...

"Seb was saying something about not being able to spend 3 days on making a troll grab you and throw you on the ground, as that was not a priority - so it didn't get done.

Imagine if there were 2 sebs.
    "

-If I wasnt banned from the MOFO I would LOVE to reply...

"If there were two sebs, thigs would not get done twice as slow"- But hence, I cannot. I am a sad panda. Anyone with an account that isnt banned (and who does not mind being benned) feel free to take my quote as your own =P

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

this pretty much, its posted by a community member. whilst everyone shoulds have a right to post what they like and crticise mo should they choose. this is drastically blown out of proportion.

Also is there really any need for the name calling and bad language? I know you want MO to fail and the thoguht of its life being prolonged throguh kickstarter is enoguh to drive you up the wall and foam at the mouth but seriously it wasnt an offical post.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud

this pretty much, its posted by a community member. whilst everyone shoulds have a right to post what they like and crticise mo should they choose. this is drastically blown out of proportion.

Also is there really any need for the name calling and bad language? I know you want MO to fail and the thoguht of its life being prolonged throguh kickstarter is enoguh to drive you up the wall and foam at the mouth but seriously it wasnt an offical post.

Deathshroud- All te below quotes are from Theia, an SV rep who moved this to the IMPORTANT THREADS SECTION

We're not doing kickstart - SV is a launched business.

We've built MO with a small team - that team will continue on regardless.

This is an opportunity to accelerate what's being delivered and allow you to drive new content in that does not disrupt the current roadmap.

Thanks for your opinion tho.

So for example, a parrot that sits on your shoulder and makes rude comments. Doesn't hurt the tamers, doesn't do damage to comabt or anything else.

Hmm I like that idea... wonder if I can bribe Sebbe with some cheese and whiskey...

We're thinking vanity items here guys - nothing that will buy you an advantage in-game, just lots of kudos!  notice WE"RE thinking (means more than just Theia-)

THESE Quotes (above) and more are from THEIA (not a random internet poster) who uses "WE" and "We're" and moves this into the IMPORTANT THREAD SECTION... During this time, henrick and others are on the forums... This IS relevent dude.

-To the second part of your post- Did you read what Seb posted to his playerbase... If not here...

OK one response to rule them all.

Q: OMG Why AI run away then come back LOL:
    A: AI has issues, the "run away then come back" is a bug, the fail fear check, flee but something doesn't clear good enough and they decide to come back.

Q: ZOMG Why u no make troll and add? U had all dem grafix!
    A: We do have the troll, it does have all the graphics and animations. But we want it to pick you up. And doing requires code, a fair amount of code. Similar to how some ai now can spawn other ai we need a new type of behavior for these attacks. But this new type of behavior for the troll can currently ONLY be used by the troll while spawning other mobs can be used by a wide amount of other creatures.

Q: I want them molvas back plz ktnxbie.
    A: Molvas are awesome! BUT, if we re-add them we want them as mounts, and mounts take some time to add due to the fact that they need to follow the same system as horses. This means that once we add molvas we get a good 5-7 different movlas but it's more complicated then just "re-add" them. They need to have their rigg re-rigged in such a way that it can be used by the dynamic system.

Q: You said AI would do cool stuff, all they do is hit me in the face with a claw!
    A: This is more or less just time, the AI can do a lot of cool things with the new system but the mobs we have are mostly furry things with sharp nails. In wow you could have a pig that charges,hits you and you catch fire. This.. is something we want to stay away from. We will be looking into making the mobs that can have more interesting things to do more interesting. Say witches that raise skeletons, elements that put down "tower" type of things etc.

Q: Why you LIE and say you fix it when U did not NOOBSEB!
    A: I did! Every note in the patchnotes about changes to the AI is indeed a improvement, it's just been a bunch of fairly minor improvements rather then one giant "this fixed all" type of deal. For the next patch I have for the first time some real time to put into the AI and I should be able to tick of a lot of "minor improvements" that hopefully makes the experience better for you.

Q: But WTF did you do with that time Seb, I heard you just drank whiskey and watched the Sin City movie over and over again.
    A: All AI was scrapped and I started from nothing again. These were my main goals:
    1.Give the client more time to handle movement to make it look better.
    2.Give the designer more variety in what attacks each mob can do.
    3.Add patrolling and make every NPC an AI too.
    4.Add support for several pets and build a more solid system to control them with.

And all of this did indeed get made, its the polish that still needs to be there, the client part of movement can be made a lot better and after that it can be polished infidelity.
    The attacks can be made, but we don't use them to well yet. Patroling NPCs are in, and one of the reasons why we can now have the guards instead of the old insta-wack guards.
    Several pets are in and the new control system is better and gives GMs the ability to directly control the ai for events etc.

-This crossed the line. Now its all about making sure this company reaps what it deserves... Dont like it? Tough shit. I dont like the condescending attitude of an incompetent dev. I am now on a mission. /start Patriotic music

edit: So heres the deal (like it or not)- SV is going to be spending lots of manhours trying to hunt down and derail threads I will be making across the interweb,,,Not to mention as they continue to piss others off these threads will grow... The money you donate to SV for a "talking parrot" MIGHT be enough to hire enough Viral marketers to undo the damage for a month or so...

SO, if you love this game and want to see Dev dollars spent on the GAME (and not damage control) you MIGHT want to start telling the idiots who run SV to stop being egotistical assholes on their own forum, towards their own playerbase and towards legitimate questions and concerns... They have nobody to blame but themselves for all this bad press- MAYBE if their forum wasnt dedicated to only POSITIVE fluff, people never would have come here to begin with. THEY did this to themselves...

-Again, dont like it? I dont care.

-Thanks. I am Mitt Romney and I approve this message. I am Barak Obama and I approve this message... SV is shit and on this the democrats and Republicans find common ground.

This discussion has been closed.