Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Most memorable moment from Darkfall 1.0?

TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86

Everyone who has played the game must have a time they thought was funny or exciting, post it here for fun.

When I started Darkfall I brought two friends in with me, one gaming friend and the other my  girlfriend. We had not been playing wrong and we were just getting passed some of the harder trolls. My girlfriend proclaimed she could now make a raft and all we needed was to farm for some materials and it could be our very own.

We were pretty much naked toons and had nothing but a few nice people give us some things and some crappy weapons and armor we either found or crafted. We spent the entire day farming for materials for this raft we have never seen before. Finally we got the thing made and just had to find somewhere to place it in the water. We were all elves so we chose to drop ship in Western Valahir's northern river banks, that way we could follow the river and check out the ocean.

As we got down and put our raft in the water we all jumped on and off we went, I got to drive first. We didn't think it would take us long to get to the main ocean, but it seemed like days. It was cool though we were all just sitting on the raft and chatting like friends do. Each of us took turns driving. We decided we would follow the coast and go north to see more of the world. I was driving and figured I would check out Seelie because it had some green mobs on it and we figured we could have some luck farming there.

As we approached Seelie we went around to the north beaches to check out the small north island there for some moonbeast killings. As we come around the top northern bank and the cove opens to shed light on Seelie, and to our surprise we see a huge ship in the harbor. My heart starts to pump as I yell out over vent "Huge ship! Do you see that thing?"

My gaming friend says "Maybe there is no one there or they won't see us." Just then the ship started to back up and turn slightly towards us as we just made it to the first northern island and left from their site. The next few minutes involved us being shot at from a cannon as I tried so desperatly to zig-zag  to doge them, which as you might know did not help.

Last thing I remember after they got the final shots on me, three reds joined us on our raft and put there swords through our bellies. Next thing I knew I was in the Elf starting area and I got a pm that read. "No one tries to take over island! Seelie is ours bitch!"

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Hands down the first server war. I had multiple characters in Hyperion and a few in opposing guilds, this allowed me to "stir the pot" a good bit. My favorite moment though was calling a meeting with King Anus on one character and showing up on another an assinating him lol! The messages I got in return were priceless. I won't embaress him by listing the loot, but it was truly a memorable moment. 
  • jamigrejamigre Member UncommonPosts: 280
    pushing people into lava pools with the force spell in the beginning in the orc area, back when the game started. oh the lulz were priceless. 

-------
    Check out my side project http://lfger.com/  - a mobile lfg tool for any game, any time. 
    -------

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    Hands down the first server war. I had multiple characters in Hyperion and a few in opposing guilds, this allowed me to "stir the pot" a good bit. My favorite moment though was calling a meeting with King Anus on one character and showing up on another an assinating him lol! The messages I got in return were priceless. I won't embaress him by listing the loot, but it was truly a memorable moment. 

This. 750v750 member siege 3 or 4 sieges going on back to back. Those were the days. Oh, and of course ninja squads taking out shard carriers. Lord Grizzly and Nacitar managed to sneak around the back of a mountain while I played scout and drew attention and the two of them, against all odds, killed the shard carrier ending the siege in the nick of time. Fun times

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Too many to type any right now, but this blog is essentially the one that sold me on the game, and I've had quite a few similar experiences.

http://signusmelko.blogspot.com/

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
    That is a sweet blog Davis. I actually read the whole thing, there are some really good stories there. It must have been fun to write.

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Topherpunch
    That is a sweet blog Davis. I actually read the whole thing, there are some really good stories there. It must have been fun to write.

I'm actually a bit excited, I sent Signus an email not too long ago and he plans to finish off his character's story arc before Unholy Wars launches. I love blogs like this. I actually found it through the Ultima Online Travelogues, which are linked on there. FFA PVP games make for the best in game stories. 

• king0fmarsking0fmars Member Posts: 43
    Back in the day my was living out of the chaos city Janhalek. The main creature to farm in the area are called khamsets and dropped this rusty army. We all thought it would be funny to dress up like the local NPC inhabitants and raid the nearby player city.
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79

First war was the best. 

My favorite battle though was when when we went around as clans farming for materials, we farmed for hours a day... raising our skills/stats and moving together for protection in numbers.  We did this for a couple of weeks, saving the materials to pay the mercs to build the first ship.

I was apart of the ShadowBane alliance. 

It was actually weird because we started off with minor fighting with Death and Dusk... but I remember logging on and our clan leader telling us something big was going down... and we began helping the Death Alliance once war broke out with Hyperion.

This was my favorite battle because it was the fist ship built and the first time it was used in war.

I forget name of the city because I have not played in some time other than just logging back in and playing for fun... didn't do much the second time around.   But I believe it was the Dawn/Dusk or COTC alliance city.

We planned to hit the city that was by the ocean and up relatively high on a plateau.  We actually had a good bit of our alliance clans hit fake targets to distract them from the actual target.  However, that worked for a slight period of time we were all set to revive to the nearest area to the target.  So as soon as we died we all ran their to assist.  However, I recall my clan specifically started running and we got told to stay back and pick off enemies who were running in alone or in small pairs.  We did this until we were needed at the city.. then we grabbed the real gear and headed to the city.  When we got there it was a mess.  We were struggling to take over the city, we were not making much progress it seemed like we were evenly killin each other... it actually was looking not so good for us.

Finally, our surprise came, we all backed off a bit.  The mercs arrived and laid waste to the city.  I remember at the time hoping they would not rob us of our materials... but they did not they fell through with the agreement.  We were told anybody who even appears to be going towards the ship would be killed.  This was the turning point we began to take over and held the base down for a few hours with minor attempts to take us over... it was definitely much easier to hold the base down than it was to enter.

At this point anybody playing at the time might remember the bug that didn't allow players to see the where the clan shard holder was located.   We used that to our advantage. 

Anybody who played during this time knows what happened next... I will not bring it up since it was a major deal on the forums back then...  Regardless this was definitely a very fun time to be playing the game.  I will also give it to our enemies they were very good although they did not last too much longer. 

I hope to have more great times like this in DF:UW.

Although I never thought I was the best, I always enjoyed the wars... it was very fun fighting in numbers, whether we won or lost.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    2 almost naked elves alone on the ship..... hmmm. Only chating hmmm, yea sure
  • SharpKrisSharpKris Member Posts: 17
    by far the most memorable moment would be the one where i found my Large Villa Deed, i was on my way near a chaos city when i took down an earth elemental and to my "OMFGBBQ Super RARE GRIN". it felt like the longst journy i ever had to a bank!
    and that was when they only came out and were super rare! 

EU client FTW
  • stugurtstugurt Member Posts: 45
    I am going to have to say dr34d0g similar to the kara wars.
  • MelkrowMelkrow Member Posts: 278

This was during launch. I was killing goblins, and then I got killed by them. There were other people around, and usually what happens when somebody dies, everybody waits for him to bleed out and loot the grave. But this one guy came over and rezzed me!

So he invites me to his group and we move on to kill Trolls. We were gonna go farm for one hour and then go back and bank. After about 40 minutes of killing trolls with him, with almost 1K gold (lol) I was low from mobs and I sat down to rest. As I'm sitting down, my friend comes over and hits me few times and I die, he gankes me lol. Note: If you are in a party with somebody then they don't take alignment penalty or go gray if they kill you.

He then sent me a tell "sorry man, but I couldn't resist". I wasn't mad, I was in awe, so I praised his plan. Eventually, he ended up giving me a lot more materials and gold than he got from me and we became good friends.

From then on, I completely fell in love with DF.

Playing: Darkfall Unholy Wars
    Played: Darkfall, EVE, AoC, Ryzom, Ragnarok Online, GW2, PS2, Secret World, WOW, City Of Heroes/Villains, Champion Online.
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

One of my favorite moments was teleporting into an allied holding only to see that useless lag switching asshat Jet Boom trying to hit me with spells. He thought he didnt need to lag switch because he got the jump on me, and by the time he started trying to he was already about to drop dead. Gave me a nice set of gear and a bunch of enchanting mats I had been looking for. The rage was strong with that scrub that day.

There was also the war we were in with this clan, i forget the clan name, but it was the original clan that Mighty Maxx was in. The poor kid would leave his clan when they got war dec'ed and rejoin later. After he finally stopped leaving his clan when we kept a permanent war dec on them, him and his group of little kids tried to jump me with 5 of them in a town. Made sure to take out Mighty Maxx right away just to laugh at him then kited the other 4 all over the place for awhile slowly wearing them down. Poor kids had some of the worst aim Ive ever seen in the game. Between all 4 of them I think they managed to land 2 arrows and 1 spell on me. By the time some of my clans howed up to help out there was only 1 left standing, trying to run away. Always loved taking sets of dragon off those failures. I think they supplied me with about half of the gear I still had left in my bank when I recently returned to the game.

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by Drvanitus

This was during launch. I was killing goblins, and then I got killed by them. There were other people around, and usually what happens when somebody dies, everybody waits for him to bleed out and loot the grave. But this one guy came over and rezzed me!

So he invites me to his group and we move on to kill Trolls. We were gonna go farm for one hour and then go back and bank. After about 40 minutes of killing trolls with him, with almost 1K gold (lol) I was low from mobs and I sat down to rest. As I'm sitting down, my friend comes over and hits me few times and I die, he gankes me lol. Note: If you are in a party with somebody then they don't take alignment penalty or go gray if they kill you.

He then sent me a tell "sorry man, but I couldn't resist". I wasn't mad, I was in awe, so I praised his plan. Eventually, he ended up giving me a lot more materials and gold than he got from me and we became good friends.

From then on, I completely fell in love with DF.

This is hilarious in everyway. He totally owned  you..

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

My most memorable moment from Darkfall was when I was able to duck a corner and hide from a group of four people that were chasing me down after a small skirmish went south. As i watched them all run past, I realized I had done something i had not been able to do in an MMO since the early years of UO. There was a certain realism to what was going on. Terrain and line of sight actually meant something. This led to a great attention to my surroundings and a hightened sense of awareness while playing.

It was an otherwise trivial moment in the grander scheme of what was going on, but it changed how I played the game. It was one small part of what made Darkfall a more (yeah, gonna use the word) immersive virtual world than I had grown accustomed to in most PVP games.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    Piling 30 people on a raft to go lay siege to another clan's holding.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • KshahdooKshahdoo Member Posts: 553

Hehe, I remember all those cases when some noobs asked in race chat some typical questions about how to find this and how to find that and people answered "yourmom will help you"... There were some priceless reactions...

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by SharpKris
    by far the most memorable moment would be the one where i found my Large Villa Deed, i was on my way near a chaos city when i took down an earth elemental and to my "OMFGBBQ Super RARE GRIN". it felt like the longst journy i ever had to a bank!
    and that was when they only came out and were super rare! 

EU client FTW

Yeah, I had that same feeling when I found mine.  I never did find a spot for it though.  When I quit, I raided a city with the large villa deed on me in the hopes of passing along that feeling to someone else.

Another memory moment was when our guild was loaded on to a raft, loaded with mats to take down the fire dragon in which we were supposed to meet up with another group.  Half the guys are afk when a Kraaken attacks us.  We had like one or two survivors and our new quest was to recover all of our gear.  Was challenging as we had to lure the Kraaken away while the others grabbed the loot. 

• ThaliostThaliost Member UncommonPosts: 104

Loved reading this thread.

I also kept a blog of my semi-newb adventures. Read it if you like that sort of thing :P

http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com

It is better in the begining and middle .p

Immortals [EU] - Darkfall Clan: http://immortals-online.eu/

Read my "funny" DF1 blog: http://casualdarkfall.blogspot.com