Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

console on pc

Does anyone know the URL or the company that has thousands of console games available to play on PC for a monthly fee... i dont know how this works or anything, but this is how i understood the advertisement in GamePro magazine, which i left at home i wont be back for 5 weeks,... anyone know or can look in your GamePro mag? ... it was one of the first pages after table of contesnts and had an ocean with a guy on rock looking at a big island.... thanks

i think it was www.game(something).com

Comments

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Sound like you are talking about GameFly. They are just an online rental service.

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736
    Nope, thanks though.
  • Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I know what your talking about... It's GameTap. I read about it in my gamepro mag before the comericals came on.

edit

http://www.gametap.com/home/Home

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• doobsterdoobster Member Posts: 736
    Yeah, gametap it is, but i thought it would have been different.  I thought someone finally made some sort of emmulator to play console games on PC ... but this is just old school games.  Ahh well, thanks riki.
  • DarktaniaDarktania Member Posts: 805

Wow that Gametap looks pretty cool. I'm all about nostalgia and it'd be great to play some of those old arcade games. Thanks for the link Riki!

Does anyone know if there's a way to hook up your Xbox to a PC monitor? I have this 24" monitor that wants to get to know my Xbox really bad.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Originally posted by Darktania

Wow that Gametap looks pretty cool. I'm all about nostalgia and it'd be great to play some of those old arcade games. Thanks for the link Riki!
       Does anyone know if there's a way to hook up your Xbox to a PC monitor? I have this 24" monitor that wants to get to know my Xbox really bad.

I want to play some Streets of Rage 2 image

Yeah, you got to find the hookups though...for the monotor

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

I was watching G4 about a year ago and they mentioned there was a hook up you could buy so that you could play the Xbox on a PC monitor but I cant remember the name of the hook up. I've looked all over and no one sells a a hook up that'll work.

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

you just need to look for something like a A/V ; Composite ; or S-Video converter that hooks up to a VGA display (or DVI depending on what kind of monitor you have).

Google is your friend. http://shopper.cnet.com/GAME_CONSOLE_TO_PC_MONITOR_CONVERTER_ADAPTER_NTSC_PAL/4014-3025_9-7426029.html

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399

You could try http://www.lik-sang.com but I wouldn't expect great quality output. I bought an Xbox - PC lead a couple of years back (not a lik-sang one) but the picture quality was so bad that I returned it immediately. It wasn't anywhere near the picture quality that Dreamcast-PC cables offered.

Thanks guys for the info. Yeah I was really wanting to see how awesome Xbox would look on a PC monitor. Especially since my GF is always over watching girlie flicks.