Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just downloaded the game and have some questions...

ellobo29ellobo29 Member UncommonPosts: 423
How enjoyable is this game without spending money on it? Be honest now.... can i do MOST of everything without spending cash?

Comments

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    You can enjoy leveling up as F2P. Once you reach max level its subscribe or leave time, as you won't have access to the Khitai areas and dungeons - even if you previously purchased the expansion - as a F2P player.
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by evilastro
    even if you previously purchased the expansion

That's pretty disgusting tbh

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • itgrowlsitgrowls Member Posts: 2,951
    Originally posted by Vannor

that is pretty bad i agree, wth were they thinking, even lotro included the previous expansions for people converting.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Vannor

Yep I agree, its one of the main reasons I dont bother to play the game anymore. They arent pumping out enough new subscription content to justify subscribing, and they restrict you from content you already paid for.

Its a good game, shame that Funcom are so greedy, almost as bad as SoE.

• GrimtheGamerGrimtheGamer Member UncommonPosts: 10
    The thing is, there are many games that do a lot of things right. DAoC is known for its amazing pvp. EQ was known for its great raiding. Etc. Age of Conan is great in just about all areas. The fact that they would allow people to play the game unlimited to the max level and even go on tier 1 raiding, all while free to play, is very generous. Games like WoW only allow you to level to 20 before you are cut off. That's about a couple hours of gameplay for most.
  • LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Originally posted by ellobo29
    How enjoyable is this game without spending money on it? Be honest now.... can i do MOST of everything without spending cash?

If you are coming to AoC for the first time there is plenty of content to play through before even thinking about the expansion, which is for lvl 80s. Most of the game's content is available to you as ftp all the way to 80. That is enough content keep you occupied playing for weeks if not months. There are restrictions playing ftp like dungons you are locked out of, being limited to a max of 2 gold in currency, and having  limited storage space for your character. There are other limitations as well like only being able to play select races, but if you want to play the game  as ftp  you can do so all the way to 80 doing "most of everything".

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• DanerilDaneril Member Posts: 41
    I recently level to level 80 on a ftp account and it was actually not bad compared to most other games with ftp. The Leveling experience was mostly smooth, but once you ding 80 theres not much of a point playing ftp anymore.

• paul43paul43 Member UncommonPosts: 198

In 2012 I've only subscribed for 2 months to AoC, the rest I've been f2p while playing other games. I find the f2p system to be generous, but I'm a former subscriber though, so there's different rules.  F2p players often recives gifts from funcom, atm weekly small gift, but every 3-4 months there's usually a big package with permanent dungeon passes, or as lately they gave away access to most of Khitai to F2p(former subs only) players for a week++

As a former subscriber I have full acces to Turan with all the dungeons and raids in f2p, I also have acces to locked classes as long as I've already created the character, I have full access to AA except time training, and full acess to global channel and sending tells, can sell and buy at the trader.

It's a really nice option for me to stay uptodate with the game, and be able to do a dungeon and have some progress even if I don't want to play it as my main game.

As it seems now you can as F2p buy permanent access to the new dungeon Amphitheatre, unless you have the aceess pass from earlier when it's been given away, it seems for now that you can also buy access to the new adventure zone and remain f2p while enjoying it.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    You can enjoy leveling up as F2P. Once you reach max level its subscribe or leave time, as you won't have access to the Khitai areas and dungeons - even if you previously purchased the expansion - as a F2P player.

I started the game as a F2P player and quit a little over halfway through because the leveling was terribly boring and I knew I'd have to sub to play after the cap.

That game needs a different model.  Games that start P2P and go F2P need a non-sub model for making money.  A game that goes F2P does so becuase not enough people wanted to subscribe in the first place.  Let people pay one time fees to unlock stuff and earn some way to unlock some content through playing.