Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Incoming PvP Changes Include Tournaments & Arenas

2»

Comments

• SteamRangerSteamRanger Member UncommonPosts: 920

ESports, ugh.

It'll be interesting to see if the PvPers will put their money where their mouth is and support this.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
    "People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I'm glad that premade groups become a possibility. Current sPVP is too much like RA in GW1. Which is not really interesting except for toying around with your build.

As for spectator mode. Personally I only find that interesting for watching the top teams. So current sPVP's random teams is just not interesting for me. Makes sense to introduce premade team based sPVP first and spectator after that.

As for the tickets, I wish this was just a gold entry fee or something. I really hope they are cheap enough to buy with ingame gold. Comparable with chest keys or something. It is nice to see that they also give gems as prizes.

The custom arenas sound really cool, but I wonder how you 'rent' them.

• nolic1nolic1 Member UncommonPosts: 716
    Can't wait but by then I will most likely be joining a sPvP guild for doing just that. Would also like to see more maps added to the rotation.

Sherman's Gaming

Youtube Content creator for The Elder Scrolls Online

Channel:http://https//www.youtube.com/channel/UCrgYNgpFTRAl4XWz31o2emw

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Its amusing watching the people who clearly never played GW1 whine about arena related stuff.
  • dasX82dasX82 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    I just hope that gw2 is not the Titanic and this his Iceberg :)
  • MLecl0001MLecl0001 Member Posts: 153
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    ^^ put some more tape on your glasses man, he just said what he would like.

Maybe you should, reread what I wrote.  I stated that in an earlier blog post that gw2 stated they have devoted dev teams for different parts of the game.  So saying you want them to concentrate on something else that this team doesnt work on seems kind of silly to me.  But then I guess I do expect some common sense and practicality when it comes to the world.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Well, there it goes.. Off to the E-Sport "professional" gaming side of things where fun goes completely out the window for the sake of some sort of "perfect" balance and tournament competition..

Every MMO I have played with any sort of  arena has had people complain about how it's not E-Sport enough (Rift and SWTOR forums were awful about this) and when the changes start to roll in while the QQ's compound on the forums with the 'nerf wars', the games' vision is lost in the process and it no longer even feels like an MMO anymore especially at max level.

But we'll see what happens..

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    S eems like a money grab to me.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by azmundai

sPVP is the worst part of the game imo .. this doesn't look to change it all that much.

I was bored with this game after level 40 .. killing all the exact same mobs in different zones and zerging down dynamic events that dont really change the world in any meaningful way .. all while pretending the yellow bars aren't a quest grind got boring way too fast. even Orr is just boring. run to the orange thing, cast aoe, run to the next orange thing on the map, cast more aoe .. so boring.

crafting looked awesome at first glance .. except that the discovery system is really just discovering the exact same patterns over and over again with Fangs instead of Tiny Fangs .. who cares? Cooking was fun and probably the only reason I actually made it all the way to 80 .. but even WvW is just boring. 90% of the time I was either banging on doors in an empty keep, or begging for more than 5 people to show up to the fully upgraded keep holding the orb, only to watch it get destroyed .. depending on which week it was.

i already cancelled my sub, so .. w/e .. /srsnod

Cancelled your sub?  I'm intrigued.  How did you manage that in a subscription-free game?

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Originally posted by jayarte

sPVP is the worst part of the game imo .. this doesn't look to change it all that much.

I was bored with this game after level 40 .. killing all the exact same mobs in different zones and zerging down dynamic events that dont really change the world in any meaningful way .. all while pretending the yellow bars aren't a quest grind got boring way too fast. even Orr is just boring. run to the orange thing, cast aoe, run to the next orange thing on the map, cast more aoe .. so boring.

crafting looked awesome at first glance .. except that the discovery system is really just discovering the exact same patterns over and over again with Fangs instead of Tiny Fangs .. who cares? Cooking was fun and probably the only reason I actually made it all the way to 80 .. but even WvW is just boring. 90% of the time I was either banging on doors in an empty keep, or begging for more than 5 people to show up to the fully upgraded keep holding the orb, only to watch it get destroyed .. depending on which week it was.

i already cancelled my sub, so .. w/e .. /srsnod

Cancelled your sub?  I'm intrigued.  How did you manage that in a subscription-free game?

I LOL'd all over myself..

Maybe he had that already typed out in a notepad txt and just copy pasta?

Because you know, most MMO's are the same anyway, so why not?

• AiloveAilove Member Posts: 2
    Well written, there is a lot to learn.Thanks to the author.  
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Whoa, I think sPVP is the BEST part of the game!

Arena is part of what ruined pvp in WoW and Blizzard actually admitted it was a bad idea, sPVP and tPVP better remain as is.

PS- oh yeah you cancelled your sub... I'm sure Anet will notice that. :P

• jayartejayarte Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by TeknoBug

Whoa, I think sPVP is the BEST part of the game!

Arena is part of what ruined pvp in WoW and Blizzard actually admitted it was a bad idea, sPVP and tPVP better remain as is.

PS- oh yeah you cancelled your sub... I'm sure Anet will notice that. :P

They'd have a difficult time noticing the cancellation of a subscription to a game which does not require one.