Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think....

I think they killed Gods and Heroes quietly. I saw something about "platform" maitenance on Sep 27th and then noticed the forums cannot be accessed anymore. Assume the game is still down too. Maybe they just put it to sleep with al the other games out there.

If it is really the end, it is a shame, I do give Heatwave credit for bringing the game back when it was dead in the water and giving us a chance to see what it looked like. I think the real problem was though is they expected Gods and Heroes to be their savior and a big money earner when if they had some extra resources, they could have been more judicious about it. Trying to get 50 bucks plus a sub or lifetime sub was just way too much for the state the game was in. Then to give up hope so soon after and basically plan on switching the game turned off a lot of people. If they did what they were doing in the last year or so with a low entry price and a low sub price, it could have been something people would have let grow. Instead they milked the cow way too fast and killed it. Can't do that when the cow is old and sickly to begin with.

Well just putting it out there for the 5 people that still care. If anyone has heard anything to the contrary, please post it here.

Comments

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Gods and Heroes is going through a platform and server maintenance that may result in an extended downtime. Forums and other services may be affected. We'll update you with more information as the transition progresses.

Nah they are just offline for right now, maybe there doing F2P finally???

• vorenahvorenah Member Posts: 2
    Hope it comes back up...
  • DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362
    Originally posted by Darkcrystal

Gods and Heroes is going through a platform and server maintenance that may result in an extended downtime. Forums and other services may be affected. We'll update you with more information as the transition progresses.

Nah they are just offline for right now, maybe there doing F2P finally???

Well that was on the 27th of Spetember. It is almost the 12th of Oct now so 2 weeks have passed without a word. The forums are totally down. Facebook, Twitter, etc haven't been updated. If they were coming back it would be nice to keep people in the loop. Instead total silence. So to me that's not a good sign. The servers always had an extremely low population anyways so who knows. I hope for the lifetime subbers and others waiting for the games revival something does happen and the game comes back but if they are they should really be proactive about letting people know and keeping them updated with everything being down.

• benigngermbenigngerm Member Posts: 1
    Darn, this is what I get for procrastinating trying this game. Hopefully it does comes back soon. This game attracted my attention when it was on Steam but has since been removed from there(what bad luck this game has had!).
  • jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206

My 2 cents are that they couldnt cope with the costs anymore. Keeping the server andthe web services up, was just too much for no money coming in. I agree with what was said earlier, that they are probably letting it go into a silent death, or freeze mode. But the ones who are the real victims here are the lifetimers. They got zero for their cash. A bad very buggy alpha game and no real support.

I do give it to them, they did try atleast, but even they should have known it was more of a hoax. They even laughed at the question if any new stuff was coming. As if they already knew what was coming and instead of treating us paying customers with respect, they just plainly laughed at us. And then that girl that whent to the open day and afterwards was actually a girlfriend of one of the devs (so set up these things), was screaming that how good the game was and she was laughing at everything the devs said. She was so totally fake.

To be honest, I do think it was all set up to grab alot of cash easy and have some b team do the programming, what they devinitly didnt actually understand. Oh well. This is what you get for bringing crap to the table. I did like the idea, but hey...the original team didnt dump it for nothing after already investing alot of money into it. Now this dude has to explain to his mother, who loaned him the money, that he couldnt get it done. Actually its sad. I sure hope they do come back. But I would never pay for it. I mean, with games like Guild Wars 2 out there. I would never pay a sub again!

• jungleninjajungleninja Member UncommonPosts: 206
    7 November and still no forums. The game is dead indeed. RIP!
  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

-Nope, shes dead.

"extended maitenence" is just another lie in a very long line. I really feel for the people who bought lifetime accounts. MMORPG.Com should remove this entire sub forum (honestly) game hasnt been supported in nearly a year now and has been offline well over a month.

• DinidainDinidain Member UncommonPosts: 48

Servers came back up somtime, as of 12/14 they are still up, just spent another 2 hours all alone on Bacchus lol

Anyone and everyone can feel free to disagree with any or all of my opinions and observations whenever I rarely post them; it doesn't bother me one bit. Just know that I'll likely never respond to YOUR disagreement or personal attack, because I know better than to argue with idiots, especially upon internet Forums. See what I did there? -- Dinidain