Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The new Website

adeladel Member UncommonPosts: 24
Their new website is up and it looks great. There is also news about their up coming Kickstarter campaign. So if your like me and have been following this game since the first post head over and check it out.

Comments

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

I like their new site and screenshots.  They have a new Facebook page and Twitter now too.

They also announced a Kickstarter campaign starting on October 9th to help them get to Alpha faster.  Should be interesting to see how far it's come and what they plan :)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

And here's the link to the website for those interested

http://www.citadelofsorcery.com/

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worldsβ„’

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

I was looking at the hype on MMORPG today and saw there were a lot of troll comments.  I hope they show some new stuff during Kickstarter.. though I doubt that'll stop them.

It's sad because I've seen trolls destroy gaming communities lately (like the rabid attacks against TSW just for being a Funcom game).  I hope CoS doesn't end up like that.

• JalitanJalitan Member UncommonPosts: 104

Meh... haters are gonna hate no matter what. True gamers will let the game speak for itself.  i don't see how you can comment much when all that anyone has seen is a few pre-alpha screenshots.

The Kickstarter is tomorrow, Oct. 9, and promises a video with in game alpha footage. Then the discussion will get lively.

• PellagrenPellagren Member Posts: 32

There are always trolls and doubters.  It speaks volumes about their own character.

Yes, CoS sounds ambitous.  But, to be fair, I don't play MMO's anymore because they are all the same.  I am really delighted to see a group finalyl trying to do something bnew and progressive with the genre.  I wish them the best of luck and will do what I can to help...

• adeladel Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Originally posted by Pellagren

There are always trolls and doubters.  It speaks volumes about their own character.

Yes, CoS sounds ambitous.  But, to be fair, I don't play MMO's anymore because they are all the same.  I am really delighted to see a group finalyl trying to do something bnew and progressive with the genre.  I wish them the best of luck and will do what I can to help...

Agreed!

The one thing that has kept the game on my radar is the fact that it sounds like what I have always wanted in an MMO. There were times were ther were long spans with no new info but once in a while they woudl share a new nugget of information to grab hold of.

i am looking forward to the abbility to help kick start the road to full Alpha testing.

• PellagrenPellagren Member Posts: 32

I think it is great that they are going to use Kickstarter to help bridge the gap for further development.  AAA MMO's are very, very time consuming, and thus expensive.  We as gamers are currently given the false belief that we get to choose with our money which types of games in this genre will suceed, thus providing the illusion of true choice.  The sad truth is that there aren't that many large developers able to fund large projects.  They want return on their investments, rightfully so, but in so doing have shown time and time again that they will only sink money into games that follow a very specific mould. 

We as gamers, through Kickstarter, now have the ability to vote with our money and actually help get a game like CoS to completion so they can shake up the entire space.  I know I will be making a contribution and see it as a far better investment than just continually spending money on the new game of the month system that has many of us in a rut. 

• AbhorsanAbhorsan Member Posts: 8
    Love the new website, new screenshots look great.  I can't wait for this game to come out...
  • IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630
    Originally posted by Dakirn

I was looking at the hype on MMORPG today and saw there were a lot of troll comments.  I hope they show some new stuff during Kickstarter.. though I doubt that'll stop them.

It's sad because I've seen trolls destroy gaming communities lately (like the rabid attacks against TSW just for being a Funcom game).  I hope CoS doesn't end up like that.

Strangely though it doesn't help but the guys over at CoS have the game systems in place. Lots for the trolls to hate. A developer that actually wants to deliver a Game.

OldSchool is on the way back and it will be nice to see a game where you get hunted and don't have to deal with quest HUBs.

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    How long has this game been in development.  It seems like a long time; especially if they are going to try and use kickstarter.

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Originally posted by MMOman101
    How long has this game been in development.  It seems like a long time; especially if they are going to try and use kickstarter.

There have been eight years of development so far.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by Jalitan
    Originally posted by MMOman101

There have been eight years of development so far.

Thats exactly what I thought.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709

The features sound awesome in theory, but on the other hand they always do. The art/graphics/animations look meh tbh, like generic fantasy stuff from 2006.

Also, another indie dev promising loads of revolutionary stuff and then going the Kickstarter route... hm, I think I'll stay skeptically interested for a while.

Originally posted by Biskop

The features sound awesome in theory, but on the other hand they always do. The art/graphics/animations look meh tbh, like generic fantasy stuff from 2006.

Also, another indie dev promising loads of revolutionary stuff and then going the Kickstarter route... hm, I think I'll stay skeptically interested for a while.

Let's hope Phillip Blood learned from Brad McQuaid's mistakes because this game needs to be made. 

I think Kickstarter is a positive myself. It allows people to back something they want as opposed to what some big corporate gaming company thinks we want. I get that many Indie games fail, but they will almost never have a chance if gamers don't get behind them. Think of it as an expensive poll. We fund Kickstarters we like: marketing people in the industry collect that data; and then they use it to steer the gaming industry towards what we say we like. It's better than going to forums like these where tons of negative comments are spewed whenever anyone tries to make a game.

Put your money where your mouth is, I say. You want a game like Cos? Throw a few bucks to their Kickstarter. Maybe a big publisher will notice and throw their money behind it too.

• amusedmonkeyamusedmonkey Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Originally posted by Biskop

It's been stated that graphics are far from done. These are placeholders that are being used to test the systems that are already in place. The difference between promising and already having the systems is big. Anyone could conceptualize a busload of ideas, but most of the ideas they are advertising are actually already in place. The tools have been created and continue to be improved and we are being updated on the progress and the hurdles of this development process constantly. I'll say for once I'm seeing more than just promises and I truly hope kickstarter succeeds and helps to push the game towards alpha where both goodhearted and bitter skeptics see it for themselves.