Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wonderfully entertained, pretty much will continue playing...

Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

...for years.

We've seen duplicate threads about being bored. Let's have one for many of us that are still having a blast, and will continue playing for years to come.

Comments

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

Should have made an option for  " I will play this game off and on at various times ".

I like the game but I can't sit down to it for hours on end, a couple of hours a few times a week easily but I also don't feel the need to play it when I am not playing which is great for playing other games and life in general.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    needs another option.. i really enjoy the game but nowadays years is hard to say.. just too many games nowadays for me to play any game for years... but depending on expansions and updates who knows.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788
    Originally posted by SlickShoes

Should have made an option for  " I will play this game off and on at various times ".

I like the game but I can't sit down to it for hours on end, a couple of hours a few times a week easily but I also don't feel the need to play it when I am not playing which is great for playing other games and life in general.

Yea, I should have added that option. Sorry.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I'm playing it because my friends are playing it.

The situation reminds me a lot of my parting times with WoW. WoW however lasted me for about four years, GW2 ... will be lucky to last four months.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    needs another option.. i really enjoy the game but nowadays years is hard to say.. just too many games nowadays for me to play any game for years... but depending on expansions and updates who knows.

That is one of the flaws nowadays and one of the good things about B2P, there are a huge amount of great game released year round now, people are really spoiled for choice. I think this has an effect on how many people stick with MMO's now rather than in the past when people would make it home for years.

At least with a B2P game you can just go back to it whenever there is a lull in the market or you have nothing else to do. I haven't logged in to GW2 for about a week now but I don't feel bad about it and will probably get back to playing next week. With a traditional MMO I'd have the guilt by now or I would have forced myself to play because I am paying and ended up just getting annoyed.

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179

Yeah, those options are kind of to far to the left or right.   Right now I'm playing it like I used to play Diablo 2 way back in the day.  I could see myself being more involved in it if my small group of friends were still playing it to....  

I enjoy GW2's  hack and slash gameplay though, and honestly I don't feel like playing any other MMO out there.  I mean Rift's Storm Legion trailer looked awesome but I'm kind of to the point if it isn't SWG 2.0 (I know, sad right...) I'm just not going to bother trying to get into it.  This one is fun, free, and I can play it as much or little as a want and not be lost or "behind" when I come back.  

That is one of the flaws nowadays and one of the good things about B2P, there are a huge amount of great game released year round now, people are really spoiled for choice. I think this has an effect on how many people stick with MMO's now rather than in the past when people would make it home for years.

At least with a B2P game you can just go back to it whenever there is a lull in the market or you have nothing else to do. I haven't logged in to GW2 for about a week now but I don't feel bad about it and will probably get back to playing next week. With a traditional MMO I'd have the guilt by now or I would have forced myself to play because I am paying and ended up just getting annoyed.

Indeed. That's why I prefer B2P too. You don't feel obligated to play the game all the time (so you don't waste your money). You play it when you feel like it, and in a way you find it more fun, when you are not 'forced' to play it. I regret not adding that option into the poll.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

we are starting to here this more and more. One of the best parts of the game, is that people feel they don't have to play.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179

I think the larger flaw lies in that MMO's are being built with a focus on personal stories and cutscenes rather than player socialilization.  Maybe pulling this out of my ass here, but one major reason a lot of people will keep playing a MMO is for their social community.  If MMO's were built to be homes for players instead of themeparks for them I think it would make more sense for players to make it home for years.   Cause let's face it Kentucky Kingdom is fun but you don't want to live there (at least I dont, so imo lol).  

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

Where was the option for "never intend to play?"

Oh, OK, probably in that other thread you referenced.  image

Just not my style of MMO, decided to save myself some money this time.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Well, GW2 forums are inteded for players that are playing or have played the game. If you are not interested in this game, there no need for you to be here is it? :P

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363

You really didn't have to post - your signature says it all for you.

I will be playing - it is definitely more enjoyable than Rift currently.

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by DMKano

This is silly - your motivation lies in opposing another thread instead of coming up with something original. Do you see how your action only brings more attention to the original thread thus giving it more of a focus.

Pro tip - if you want to turn a situation positive you can't piggy back on the past negativity.

GW2 will simply become irrelevant as some game around the corner will come out and it will make you go GW what?

I think GW2 will still be around and going strong as some game around the corner comes out. MoP has already come out, not just "some game" that one and GW2 servers are still packed. "GW what?" won't be coming any time soon.

The negativity is really strong in your post, but it's unfounded.

imageimage
  • XtenXten Member Posts: 119

I decided to vote "for years.." considering that i do not at anytime have think about whether it is worth my money and if i will have the time to actually use it. I can log on whenever i want at any point in time for as long as the game exists. i am happily playing the game atm and whenever i take a break of of it it will be fine and whenever there is a expansion i will most likely buy it in week 1 of its launch.

I dont see a downside to owning gw2.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Zeus.CM

Well, GW2 forums are inteded for players that are playing or have played the game. If you are not interested in this game, there no need for you to be here is it? :P

Nope, you are being too selective; it is for those who want to post/read something related to the game Guild Wars 2. You neither have to play nor have played it.

• bansanbansan Member Posts: 367
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Nope, you are being too selective; it is for those who want to post/read something related to the game Guild Wars 2. You neither have to play nor have played it.

However, clearly this poll is for players who have played the game, and asks how long they'll play as a result.  People who haven't played the game objectively should have nothing to say on the matter.

• amadeuzamadeuz Member Posts: 73

It is for those who want to post/read/bash/defense/rant/praise/troll GW2 even you are playing or have played or never play it.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

Enjoying it too....

.... there are a few things that irritate -people with names like 'Ilikecheese' and 'Eatstoomuchsugar'.

There should be basic rules on naming and immersion.

But otherwise it's all good bar the bugs.

• SanHorSanHor Member UncommonPosts: 336

The more I learn about the game the more entertaining it is. It has more content than I initially thought when I started playing. I'd say a very solid game if it wasn't for bugged DE's and skillpoints that should have been fixed by now.

EDIT

Think it would be fair to add one thing I really dislike, which is a very limited bank space. If you like to collect different skins you'll very soon end up with no free space and probably end up spending $ to unlock more. For 10$ I'd expect to get much more space than what we do right now. I spent $ but didn't leave as a happy customer. 

Originally posted by Caliburn101

Enjoying it too....

.... there are a few things that irritate -people with names like 'Ilikecheese' and 'Eatstoomuchsugar'.

There should be basic rules on naming and immersion.

But otherwise it's all good bar the bugs.

I never quite understood this. No offense btw but how can we expect to have thousands of other players cater to our immersion? also once perception of immersion differs a lot of anothers. Then you have the ones that do apreciate imersion but do not let it depend on other players names. Some are trully funny but i suppose they would break that immersion , Agreed some names are annoying to type if you have too but other then that why would you care ?

Unless there is a specific RP server with the set rules I prefer to let the game itself provide the imersion and not be bothered how others name their toons, but thats just me of course. Having said that i do think RP'ers deserve a server they can call their own actually i mean why not.

Originally posted by SanHor
    The more I learn about the game the more entertaining it is. It has more content than I initially thought when I started playing. I'd say a very solid game if it wasn't for bugged DE's and skillpoints that should have been fixed by now.

True , the game does have a lot of content for a mmo that just released.

• rungardrungard Member Posts: 1,035

GW2 is definitely a good game. Except for skyrim and oblivion, i cant remember the last time i put 100+ hours of gameplay in. Wow i guess back in 2006. As someone else has said i think it has very good "bones" and will make a very solid platform, but i dont think for a second that its perfect. While i do like the new non trinity, i still think that system needs more fleshing out. The trinity took time to develop and this system will too.

• NaeviusNaevius Member UncommonPosts: 334
    I find posts about being bored to be just bizarre. There's a ton of stuff I still can do at 80; I still find new things even in areas I have 100% complete.
  • thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Haven't played for a week. I'm sure I will in the future  though.

I'm playing Team fortress 2 of and on and this game will probably be the same

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

I plan on playing GW2 for years and it will be my main, but it will be an off and on deal just like GW1.  There are just too many games out there to only play one for years.

However, as has been said already, the beauty of GW2 is being B2P.  I don't have to worry that I might be wasting money if I'm not playing.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!