Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terribly bored, pretty much have stopped playing...

Comments

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788
    Originally posted by Ridrith

I don't mind, probably over 90 hours easily.  The two weeks I played for hours, leveling, doing events, all that jazz.  Though I had  Gallbladder surgery like 2 weeks ago so I didn't play at all, but I didn't find myself missing the game either.  Which was a shame.  

Honestly the game itself is fine, I enjoy the combat, I like the mechanics.  It's just the generic storyline, lack of rewards for completeting difficult tasks, and a community that is SO inclusive that it's actually becoming anti-social that is killing the game for me.

If you got 90+ hours out of a 50-60 dollar game, you came out OK.  Consider it a multi-player game (rather than an MMO) and move on to something else for a while.  At some point you may decide to pop back in and play around, and the game will be there waiting.

You make me like charity

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Do you guys remember when some people got all skill pointed up in TSW, then said it was the same old thing grinding dungeons for better gear? Isn't it the same thing in GW2? Grinding dungeons to get exotics?

problem with TSW is it only has a single path for the story.. playing character of each faction aside from your faction quests you are doing the exact same story so it really limits replayability.. in GW2 i have 5 characters and each one taking differn't zones to level through and each have a differn't story to follow

To be fair you could choose to do the  other faction stories in TSW and/or the the multiple game story lines.  

I was talking at level/skill cap after the story content if you choose to do it. Your running dungeons for better gear.  Pretty much the same thing, right?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Do you guys remember when some people got all skill pointed up in TSW, then said it was the same old thing grinding dungeons for better gear? Isn't it the same thing in GW2? Grinding dungeons to get exotics?

problem with TSW is it only has a single path for the story.. playing character of each faction aside from your faction quests you are doing the exact same story so it really limits replayability.. in GW2 i have 5 characters and each one taking differn't zones to level through and each have a differn't story to follow

To be fair you could choose to do the  other faction stories in TSW and/or the the multiple game story lines.  

I was talking at level/skill cap after the story content if you choose to do it. Your running dungeons for better gear right. Pretty much the same thing, right?

Well it's not better gear.. it's better "looking" although better looking is obviously subjective.. saw one guy wearing some 80 greens the other day that looked amazing..

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731

tbh the mechanics are newish and interesting enough, the story works though the asura is cliche enough x.x at times but working for 100% on every map is fun and I get swept into dynamic events with other peeps more often than not... tbh it's more the metagame stuff I find amusing/fun, for example today I was exploring a cave with one random dolt behind me, we come to a cliff, I jump off and hit the floor taking 4/5ths of my health as damage, the other guy lands next to me and dies, cue rezzing his ass and the rather amusing and often heard lines

"ty"

"np XD"

I was talking at level/skill cap after the story content if you choose to do it. Your running dungeons for better gear right. Pretty much the same thing, right?

Well it's not better gear.. it's better "looking" although better looking is obviously subjective.. saw one guy wearing some 80 greens the other day that looked amazing..

Exotics are better than the regular and matsercraft. As far as I know people are running dungeons for exotics. 

Exotics are better than the regular and matsercraft. As far as I know people are running dungeons for exotics. 

yea but there are other ways to get exotics than dungeon running so it's not required to do so.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    Guilds are kinda worthless I agree. In GW1, you could own entire capital cities if your alliance (a group of guilds) had enough faction. In GW1, if you owned cavalon or zu heltzer, you owned it across the world. Thing is there's stuff in WvW where your guild can own points but it doesn't mean squat for a pve person like me. Also about representing a guild, there isn't anything that represents your guild other than two initials near your name. No capes, nothing. They need to add a lot into this game. As for PvE, I had a blast with my story. And I was like you where I couldn't log on after I finished it. I created an ele. It made it worth playing again. It's a lot of fun playing em. Try a new class. I know it sounds sort of ugh but give it a go. 

yea but there are other ways to get exotics than dungeon running so it's not required to do so.

It wasn't required in TSW either... My point is that "end game" in GW2 was advertised as something different, w/o the gear grind. GW2 seems to have the same style "carrot and stick" level cap gear grind.

This isn't a bad thing. It's just not really different.

It wasn't required in TSW either... My point is that "end game" in GW2 was advertised as something different, w/o the gear grind. GW2 seems to have the same style "carrot and stick" level cap gear grind.

This isn't a bad thing. It's just not really different.

GW2 was advertised to not be "required" to grind for better equipment to enjoy all the games content.. this is differn't from many games that require you to grind through tiers of gear to enjoy harder content.. both have their advantages and both can be good and bad but they are differn't. TSW is similar as it's not a completely gear centered game as you can hit QL10 stuff very early on.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Technically, yes. However, getting them through dungeons is really time-consuming. You can make/buy a full set of crafted exotics for around 15g and they'll have customised stats, too. Dungeon exotics are for looks, not for stats. Besides, the difference between the stats of rares and exotics is minimal and getting a full set of rares only costs around 1g.

• YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I agree with OP. Just hit 80 and no, I don't have exotic gear. I never liked grinding for gear in any game. I want to get into the end game PvP but after doing hours of WvW and then coming back the next day seeing it has completely changed from what we "achieved" and realised it does not matter at all I just lost all the motivation to keep playing.

Rerolled a Hunter and Assassin (they call them ranger and thief here?) to see if I can do some ganking at least... Not my favourite activity but with the PvP being so utterly pointless then what else can you do?

Originally posted by Yamota

I agree with OP. Just hit 80 and no, I don't have exotic gear. I never liked grinding for gear in any game. I want to get into the end game PvP but after doing hours of WvW and then coming back the next day seeing it has completely changed from what we "achieved" and realised it does not matter at all I just lost all the motivation to keep playing.

Rerolled a Hunter and Assassin (they call them ranger and thief here?) to see if I can do some ganking at least... Not my favourite activity but with the PvP being so utterly pointless then what else can you do?

what is the point of PVP in any game? you aren't getting money from it unless you are in a world tourny or something, at the end of the day what's the point?... for me I don't need long lasting objectives to have fun in PVP as long as the maps and combat are enjoyable.. but obviously everyone is differn't in this regard.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Funny, I always thought the "point" to PvP was to fight other players.... is there supposed to be some other point that I missed?

EDIT: Aerowyn beat me to it lol

what is the point of PVP in any game? you aren't getting money from it, at the end of the day what's the point?... for me I don't need long lasting objectives to have fun in PVP as long as the maps and combat are enjoyable.. but obviously everyone is differn't in this regard.

Well we are playing games. The illusion of "point". Long lasting objectives are one way of facilitating that illusion of meaning.  Factions are another way.

What Yamota is speaking of in yellow takes a serious toll on that illusion, I felt it too. 

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Funny, I always thought the "point" to PvP was to fight other players.... is there supposed to be some other point that I missed?

EDIT: Aerowyn beat me to it lol

Well, to be fair, PvP can have a setting that can make it more worthwhile.  A setting where your accomplishments in PvP isn't just for some generic base that will exchange hands a million times a day is possible actually.   That's part of the reason I'd prefer an MMO with a more Open World PvP as well.  I think the WvW here is fun, just fighting other players, but I think PvP can also be immersive.  I've always enjoyed open world pvp more than any kind of instanced PvP such as battlegrounds, arenas, and even WvW can be considered instanced imo.   

I'd hate to pull out the SWG nostogilia here, but bounty hunting other players out in the actual world, or fighting over player cities and their faction bases was more memorable than any I've experienced in other games.  There's been plenty others to, I play way too many MMO's...

EDIT: Bcbully beat me to it lol

what is the point of PVP in any game? you aren't getting money from it, at the end of the day what's the point?... for me I don't need long lasting objectives to have fun in PVP as long as the maps and combat are enjoyable.. but obviously everyone is differn't in this regard.

Well we are playing games. The illusion of "point". Long lasting objectives are one way of facilitating that illusion of meaning.  Factions are another way.

What Yamota is speaking of in yellow takes a serious toll on that illusion, I felt it too. 

it's really just what you value in a game and PVP in general.. i don't think many people play FPS games all the time for some long lasting objective, same with LoL and such. Mostly you play because you enjoy the challenge of facing off against other players.. I can see the "want" of having something more but honestly I have played games with longer lasting objectives and still after playing them for long periods of time you start to question what's the point.. when you get to that point I feel it's best to just take a break and in some cases move on...

For me i enjoy GW2 for the variety in builds much like why I enjoyed PVP in Rift.. Rift had severe balance issues but overall was a lot of fun playing with all the combinations of builds and perfecting them in combat.

• DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Want meaningful PvP? go to EVE-Online, trust me there is no better game for meaningful pvp than that one, I am speaking from years of experience bouncing around in null sec. GW2 pvp for the moment seems more geared towards fun so why sweat it? gather a group of people, gank some dolts, have some fun.

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

I got bored aswell, but I wouldn't blame the content. Most of the people I was playing with weren't really playing at all. So we ended up being like 5 guys playing and only about 3 of us on at the same time, not enough to run any meaningful content. Can't do shit in WvW except follow the zerg, not enough people for sPvP tournaments and not enough people for Dungeon runs and we don't want to play with randoms, it's just not the same.

It feels like people gave up on MMO's at the wrong time.

By no means is GW2 a bad game, only real dissapointment I have is with WvW. I expected DAoC, and I kinda got it but without a good community. Shitty sportsmanship, no realm/server pride etc. Todays gamers is why we can't have nice things.

If this was release back in the days, hardcore guilds would pick the lowest pop server and long for the day they would beat the shit out of the high pop bandwagon server. Today hardcore guild gather on one or maybe 3 different servers, no prestige, no balls.

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    I feel you.  I haven't played in almost a month.  It was fun the first week or so but I quickly got bored.

same here

Originally posted by Dihoru
    Want meaningful PvP? go to EVE-Online, trust me there is no better game for meaningful pvp than that one, I am speaking from years of experience bouncing around in null sec. GW2 pvp for the moment seems more geared towards fun so why sweat it? gather a group of people, gank some dolts, have some fun.

I get bored of EVE's "combat" personally, lol.  I love GW2's combat on the other hand.  And that is why I'm still playing.  I'm that dude jumping and rolling around all crazy while everyone is thinking that dude must have ADHD...  EVE is not my kind of playstyle, at all.  

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Sideras

I got bored aswell, but I wouldn't blame the content. Most of the people I was playing with weren't really playing at all. So we ended up being like 5 guys playing and only about 3 of us on at the same time, not enough to run any meaningful content. Can't do shit in WvW except follow the zerg, not enough people for sPvP tournaments and not enough people for Dungeon runs and we don't want to play with randoms, it's just not the same.

By no means is GW2 a bad game, only real dissapointment I have is with WvW. I expected DAoC, and I kinda got it but without a good community. Shitty sportsmanship, no realm/server pride etc. Todays gamers is why we can't have nice things.

If this was release back in the days, hardcore guilds would pick the lowest pop server and long for the day they would beat the shit out of the high pop bandwagon server. Today hardcore guild gather on one or maybe 3 different servers, no prestige, no balls.

Might I suggest transfering servers because community is what makes the WvW all the more worthwhile.  Sanctum of Rall is amazing with so many GREAT leaders and communication across many guilds.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

For me i enjoy GW2 for the variety in builds much like why I enjoyed PVP in Rift.. Rift had severe balance issues but overall was a lot of fun playing with all the combinations of builds and perfecting them in combat.

Have to agree with this.   

After spamming (Nooo I forgot the name, the Marksman's ability that removed buffs and had no cooldowns...) about a million times because it was super OP and so many classes relied on their buffs, or were practically unkillable with them, I began to hate Rift PvP though*.  

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

Eh, I may be getting slightly bored but when I do I just switch it up, either sPvP, WvW or 80 Dungeons.

Idk, my TERA group came to GW2 about a week after release and we all have like 300+ hours played in around three weeks time and are still enjoying the game quite a bit, it's quite alt friendly in terms of leveling and PvP(I have lik 4 alts just for messing around in Spvp).

Regardless if I do get bored I can always come back when they have updates to the content without worry.

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Sideras

Might I suggest transfering servers because community is what makes the WvW all the more worthwhile.  Sanctum of Rall is amazing with so many GREAT leaders and communication across many guilds.

yea Rall has been good and is getting better every week.. still don't see why people keep saying there isn't anything to do aside from zerg in WvW... I have always found ways to be useful and break off from the group.. zergs are needed but is hardly all there is. Look up videos on youtube there's some good ones of small groups of people doing well.. one good video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtxqNE_Gos0

Originally posted by Threatlevel0

Have to agree with this.   

After spamming (Nooo I forgot the name, the Marksman's ability that removed buffs and had no cooldowns...) about a million times because it was super OP and so many classes relied on their buffs, or were practically unkillable with them, I began to hate Rift PvP though*.  

good old Eradicate spam:)