Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

f2p = ptp

zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242

It seems there is a new definition of Free to Play that I am not aware of!

I just tried to sign up for an account for this game and had to provide a mobile phone number to complete the sign up!

As I do not have a mobile phone, I sent them an enquiry and got this as an answer:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

You are necessary to use mobile number to verify in your Offgamers account. Or you may consider other payment method like webmoney, western union, moneygram to bypass the verification . Thank you.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Hill.C

Why is it necessary to provide some form of payment method, if the game is described as Free To Play and has NO Item Mall?

Comments

• R3KOnlineR3KOnline Member Posts: 1

Hi Zastroph.

We're truly sorry as our customer Rep used the wrong template to answer. This game IS indeed free to play, the phone verification is for our user's account safety and nothing to do with any payment methods.

Cheers!

• zastrophzastroph Member Posts: 242
    Originally posted by R3KOnline

Hi Zastroph.

We're truly sorry as our customer Rep used the wrong template to answer. This game IS indeed free to play, the phone verification is for our user's account safety and nothing to do with any payment methods.

Cheers!

The last thing I was told, was to use a fake mobile phone number, just so I could get past the account creation stage!

No Thank You!

• ArmendiusArmendius Member UncommonPosts: 119

Realy, if you are set off or scared to fill in your phone number, you have no intrest to play the game.

After it is clearly explained to you, you only show to be not intressted by repeating in a negative state.

Their pathetic form would not accept my phone number, that why THEY told ME to use a fake one!!!

Go troll some one else FOOL!

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by zastroph

Their pathetic form would not accept my phone number, that why THEY told ME to use a fake one!!!

Go troll some one else FOOL!

Then just use a fake one lol, what the big deal?

So, if I provide a fake phone number for security reasons, what hapens when I actually have to use it?

Develop a high level character then lose it if I have a problem, no thank you!

So, if I provide a fake phone number for security reasons, what hapens when I actually have to use it?

Develop a high level character then lose it if I have a problem, no thank you!

You only need it if you pay with paypal or creditcard.

You can play this game without problem if you dont use that methods.

If you experience this posts as trolling, you should question why you post this type of problem on this page.

I could experience it like troling on this game also.

The thing was, you post a negative reaction again when they take the time to reply your problem here to clarify it was a mistaken message.

As for fake mobile numbers nothing will happen if you input one, unless you try to compleet a payment on one of the 2 methods above that require this verification the most.

I am realy confident that they will refund the purchase in livechat should you not be able to fufill this requirement at any given time.

I also use my own home number inside the mobile number box unverrified.

So, Im the bad guy for giving people the heads up about being told to comit a crime!
    So, Im the bad guy for giving people the heads up about being told to comit a crime!

I understand your concern and perspective, but I can assure you that it is no crime to put any number inside the mobile box, since it stays unverrified.
    That would mean it is not secured, with the possibility that it does not exist.

Ofcourse the problem stays when you are required to use a valid phone verification upon purchase with paypal or creditcard that you cannot fufill this with a fake mobile number. As explained before I am confident they will come up with a solution or refund.

Should you wish to make a purchase in your situation, I would advise to contact the livechat before you do so to be sure you dont encounter the phone verification issue in advance. There is almost always someone there willing to help you.