Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One or two devs left to release one little patch every few weeks....

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

think what you want but i lost all hope i had for the new developer "Team" which doesnt appear like a real team at all.

One guy called Hobbard, i guess its Silius appears in the game and wants people to do Test raids and stuff.

Another dev wanted to revamp Druids and wastes time with this class instead fixing all the broken other things.

vanguard looks to me like a student project where they can pratice some while making cash with Skeleton keys for random dropping chests and some other paying people. 

I met new players on the Isle of Dawn, they came from Tera and other games. Most of them left 1-2 days later because of the bad grafic engine and many game bugs. 

its sad but SOE once again proved that they dont care about vanguard anymore. There is no revival of Vanguard going on.

While they burry Vanguard they make some profit................................................................ thats SOE

Comments

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551
    Yeah, it was pretty clear to me within a couple days that the Vanguard F2P conversion was just a quick cash grab.  Of course, you could argue that's the way with all F2P SOE titles.  Restricted F2P is still better than no F2P, but I was hoping they'd do something special with Vanguard.  It has potential, but they're going to get nowhere if they treat its F2P model like they did with EQ and EQ2.
  • LeoghanLeoghan Member Posts: 607
    I have logged in once since they F2P conversion, I didn't notice that any of my old toons had been affected by the restrictions, not sure how that worked out I didn't pay much attention. I've had an on again off again affair with the game, but I don't see it growing. I think the F2P was a nice way for them to keep the game alive while making a little extra cash. I think they would have done the same with SWG had there not be a licensing issue. 
  • KilsinKilsin Member RarePosts: 515
    Originally posted by Goromhir

think what you want but i lost all hope i had for the new developer "Team" which doesnt appear like a real team at all.

One guy called Hobbard, i guess its Silius appears in the game and wants people to do Test raids and stuff.

Another dev wanted to revamp Druids and wastes time with this class instead fixing all the broken other things.

vanguard looks to me like a student project where they can pratice some while making cash with Skeleton keys for random dropping chests and some other paying people. 

I met new players on the Isle of Dawn, they came from Tera and other games. Most of them left 1-2 days later because of the bad grafic engine and many game bugs. 

its sad but SOE once again proved that they dont care about vanguard anymore. There is no revival of Vanguard going on.

While they burry Vanguard they make some profit................................................................ thats SOE

List of current Devs below...if you logged onto the official forums you would ofcourse know this already and it would of saved you from making a stupid post here about it.

They have invested too much into this to let it die, they are at least making an effort.

The Dev making class changes to Druid has nothing to do with raid content or performance issues. There is more than one type of Developer.

Hobart (very active)

Wigin (very active)

Silius (very active) 

Gpx1000 (very active)

Ceythos (very active)

Roach (new and doesen't post on forums)

TLock14 (was very active, quiet lately)

Aradune (Brad - but rarely see or hear from him)

Gidoo (MIA for months now)

Elionia (very active)

• KnuppsKnupps Member Posts: 46
    Originally posted by Kilsin

List of current Devs below...if you logged onto the official forums you would ofcourse know this already and it would of saved you from making a stupid post here about it.

They have invested too much into this to let it die, they are at least making an effort.

The Dev making class changes to Druid has nothing to do with raid content or performance issues. There is more than one type of Developer.

Hobart (very active)

Wigin (very active)

Silius (very active) 

Gpx1000 (very active)

Ceythos (very active)

Elionia (very active)

give me a break. the current dev team as a whole lowered the gaming experience drastically for high lvl players so far.

1) gamebreaking lag issue which is still not resolved for 8 months. many guilds already limited raiding to 1 day/week as result, many longtime raiders even quit because of that.

2) the revamp of druids proves that they are not interested in actually listening to their playerbase. everyone agrees that druids fit in the role of a burst class. except one dev who then decides to waste his time to change a class which was perfectly fine. there are so many other things devs would be so highly needed for

3) nerf of item clickies and nerf of bard speed are two other unnecessary changes. both things were not appreciated by the playerbase to say at least. to nerf bard run speed mod just so they could handle sorc kiting got to be the most idiotic approach of class balance. same with item clickies which never happened to cause performance issues other than for inexperienced devs with wrong assumptions.

4) new high level content aka Stabbas quest/Tharridon: Tharridon comes up with a copy/paste mechanic of War Golem. the buff strip mechanic is not liked either. not that Tharridon would actually work anyway. for the Stabbas quest: hunting for 48 lorestones around Telon while every one takes respawn times of several hours can be considered as everything but fun. any min/maxer can't skip the quest either as the rewarded passive buff is too overpowered. during the first weeks it was even possible to finish this quest by a single /lore command ingame the devs forgot the put out btw, just another prove of how capable our dev team is.

5) removing veteran rewards so we would start to buy xp pots rather than /claiming them is not the best way to show your appreciation to long time players

6) bugs, bugs and again bugs. current dev team breaks far more with their patches than they actually fix. and it's not like they would patch too much really. they even patch in old bugs which already were fixed. not only code bugs but also balance issues. like the new low/mid level gear they brought in a half year ago which dropped like candy and sold for out of line prices on vendors. it took them more than a day to bring down the servers to fix this issue. I know ppl who made 1k+ plat due to this.

7) so a great amount of time is spent with actually trying to fix the bugs THEY brought in. this is one reason why a team of 10 devevopers can't come up with more than just some low level dungeon revamps of already finished content and some SC item shop within almost year. for comparison, an experienced dev team of this size can actually come up with full expansions within this time period.

8) I'm supporting Vanguard and I love what this game is all about. I still think it's the best MMO out there. but this game would be better off with some other dev team. even some passionate team of hobby programmers would have done a far better job than our current dev team did so far.

Originally posted by Knupps

Hobart (very active)

Wigin (very active)

Silius (very active) 

Gpx1000 (very active)

Ceythos (very active)

Elionia (very active)

give me a break. the current dev team as a whole lowered the gaming experience drastically for high lvl players so far.

I didn't say they haven't...I replied to show there are more than the OPs inaccurate estimate of 1-2 Devs.

1) gamebreaking lag issue which is still not resolved for 8 months. many guilds already limited raiding to 1 day/week as result, many longtime raiders even quit because of that.

I am a Guild Leader of one of the guilds suffering fromt his, so again, not sure why you're making this out to sound like I am in favour of it.

2) the revamp of druids proves that they are not interested in actually listening to their playerbase. everyone agrees that druids fit in the role of a burst class. except one dev who then decides to waste his time to change a class which was perfectly fine. there are so many other things devs would be so highly needed for

3) nerf of item clickies and nerf of bard speed are two other unnecessary changes. both things were not appreciated by the playerbase to say at least. to nerf bard run speed mod just so they could handle sorc kiting got to be the most idiotic approach of class balance. same with item clickies which never happened to cause performance issues other than for inexperienced devs with wrong assumptions.

4) new high level content aka Stabbas quest/Tharridon: Tharridon comes up with a copy/paste mechanic of War Golem. the buff strip mechanic is not liked either. not that Tharridon would actually work anyway. for the Stabbas quest: hunting for 48 lorestones around Telon while every one takes respawn times of several hours can be considered as everything but fun. any min/maxer can't skip the quest either as the rewarded passive buff is too overpowered. during the first weeks it was even possible to finish this quest by a single /lore command ingame the devs forgot the put out btw, just another prove of how capable our dev team is.

5) removing veteran rewards so we would start to buy xp pots rather than /claiming them is not the best way to show your appreciation to long time players

6) bugs, bugs and again bugs. current dev team breaks far more with their patches than they actually fix. and it's not like they would patch too much really. they even patch in old bugs which already were fixed. not only code bugs but also balance issues. like the new low/mid level gear they brought in a half year ago which dropped like candy and sold for out of line prices on vendors. it took them more than a day to bring down the servers to fix this issue. I know ppl who made 1k+ plat due to this.

7) so a great amount of time is spent with actually trying to fix the bugs THEY brought in. this is one reason why a team of 10 devevopers can't come up with more than just some low level dungeon revamps of already finished content and some SC item shop within almost year. for comparison, an experienced dev team of this size can actually come up with full expansions within this time period.

8) I'm supporting Vanguard and I love what this game is all about. I still think it's the best MMO out there. but this game would be better off with some other dev team. even some passionate team of hobby programmers would have done a far better job than our current dev team did so far.

I am all for class revamps to help balance the current unbalanced hierarchy, there are many broken classes, my main is one of the more broken classes but in saying that, as I posted above, not all Devs work on the same game issues, the one making the Druid changes has nothing to do with code based performance and lag issues...so having 1 Dev work on classes out of the list I posted is not a bad thing, unless that Dev starts nerfing us to fix their lack of content or overpowered EE's and caps.

I am all for everything on your list, so again, I am not sure why you're posting that against me...you need to either learn to read properly or think a bit more before you post.

I know for a fact that the VG hacked game engine code is FUBAR and when the smallest changes are made, it has a snowball effect that breaks 5 other things, we all know that but as much as I dislike SOE, it wasn't their fault, Sigil made that mess with under skilled and under qualified Devs making a mess of it before it was even released and even before SOE came in to save/kill the game.

One thing is for sure, whether we like it or not, VG would not be here today if it wasn't for SOE, even if they have done wrong by us loyal veterans/customers, they actually saved the game from being shelved.

I have supported the game for 6 years with multiple accounts and will continue to do so until my enjoyment of the game stops. If that is due to lag, poor end game content/attention, then so be it but one of the Devs made it very clear that we will not see true hardcore raid content again unless its tiered and mixed in with solo, 6 and 12 man content with possibly a raid at the end.

My comment still stands though, they have invested too much into this to let it go and I know for a fact they are actively working to fix all the mistakes and the lag/performance issues they introduced during the 24 hr maintenance that happened a while ago, which to this day, no Dev or SOE employee will talk about, even when called out by respected VG Veterans on the forums and in game.

No need to try and attack me, we are on the same side, I just couldn't sit here and watch someone moan about 2 Devs when i know a lot of the ones on the list work very hard and are really trying to fix the game.

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

My point of view on VG is extremely jaded... and I mean extremely. You've been warned before I start...

.... on second thought... I will keep my opinion to myself. I don't want to get sued.

Save yourselves some heartache folks... just let VG go.

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

You have 3 devs right now Hobart, and Wigin, and Silius (lead dev).   I don't know Hobart or Wigin.  Hoboart sig says he been with Vanguard since 2007, Wigin since 2008 so those guys been with the game quite a while.

Silius what can I say, Vanguard can have him.  I am just glad the summarily moved him off the EQ2 game for good, he was messing up itemization and none of us EQ2 vets really cared for how he was doing things.   Sillius used to be director of Vanguard now he just lead dev probably dev/director.  

Vanguard is still on life support,  The have not really increased the amount of devs they have nor will they.  All they did have was a bunch of folks from eq2 help them make the conversion to free to play.  EQ2 has always helped with Vanguard when needed.

Game is still in maintenance mode and that is the truth of it.  All this we got a lot of new content coming, don't hold your breath. I will beleive it when I see it.

I know I will get the rabid ones attack me who think Vanguard is the best thing since Swiss cheese, it is not. It has a long way to go to get caught up to current gaming standards.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by SuperXero89
    Yeah, it was pretty clear to me within a couple days that the Vanguard F2P conversion was just a quick cash grab.  Of course, you could argue that's the way with all F2P SOE titles.  Restricted F2P is still better than no F2P, but I was hoping they'd do something special with Vanguard.  It has potential, but they're going to get nowhere if they treat its F2P model like they did with EQ and EQ2.

It went F2P becauuse all their titles are going F2P. If it was a cash grab, then that was a by product.

With F2P, Vanguard will not be shutting down any time soon, as they would have shut it down instead of making it F2P

The games that could not go free to play got shut down, like SWG and EQOA. LA called the shots with SWG, and EQOA was on a disc for the PS2, and could not be updated to cater for F2P

At least now people can play casually in it without feeling forced to pay a monthly sub.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

So if the general concensus around here is a handful of professional developers backed by a community team, development tools, existing billing system and modern hardware isn't enough to properly maintain an MMO after release, then why do so many people here think an inexperienced group of four or five people total with none of that supporting infrastructure will ever be able to maintain or expand their 'indie' titles?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KnuppsKnupps Member Posts: 46

Hobart (very active)

Wigin (very active)

Silius (very active) 

Gpx1000 (very active)

Ceythos (very active)

Elionia (very active)

I didn't say they haven't...I replied to show there are more than the OPs inaccurate estimate of 1-2 Devs.

I am a Guild Leader of one of the guilds suffering fromt his, so again, not sure why you're making this out to sound like I am in favour of it.

I am all for class revamps to help balance the current unbalanced hierarchy, there are many broken classes, my main is one of the more broken classes but in saying that, as I posted above, not all Devs work on the same game issues, the one making the Druid changes has nothing to do with code based performance and lag issues...so having 1 Dev work on classes out of the list I posted is not a bad thing, unless that Dev starts nerfing us to fix their lack of content or overpowered EE's and caps.

I am all for everything on your list, so again, I am not sure why you're posting that against me...you need to either learn to read properly or think a bit more before you post.

I know for a fact that the VG hacked game engine code is FUBAR and when the smallest changes are made, it has a snowball effect that breaks 5 other things, we all know that but as much as I dislike SOE, it wasn't their fault, Sigil made that mess with under skilled and under qualified Devs making a mess of it before it was even released and even before SOE came in to save/kill the game.

One thing is for sure, whether we like it or not, VG would not be here today if it wasn't for SOE, even if they have done wrong by us loyal veterans/customers, they actually saved the game from being shelved.

I have supported the game for 6 years with multiple accounts and will continue to do so until my enjoyment of the game stops. If that is due to lag, poor end game content/attention, then so be it but one of the Devs made it very clear that we will not see true hardcore raid content again unless its tiered and mixed in with solo, 6 and 12 man content with possibly a raid at the end.

My comment still stands though, they have invested too much into this to let it go and I know for a fact they are actively working to fix all the mistakes and the lag/performance issues they introduced during the 24 hr maintenance that happened a while ago, which to this day, no Dev or SOE employee will talk about, even when called out by respected VG Veterans on the forums and in game.

No need to try and attack me, we are on the same side, I just couldn't sit here and watch someone moan about 2 Devs when i know a lot of the ones on the list work very hard and are really trying to fix the game.

I didn't mean to attack u, sorry if I made this impression. even though we might not agree in all points with each another, my concerns were ment to be directed to the dev team and in way against you.

anyway I'd apreciate if a dev took the time for class rebalance. but druid is the least class that would need a revamp. Wigin obviously did not bother to read the class threads and didn't listen to his playerbase either. not a single player asked for this change. everyone was happy the way druids were, especially the long time druid mains. taking the burst away is like taking away what this class is all about. if anything he is pushing the class imbalance even more with this change.

I mean seriously, there are dozens of threads with detailed information of longtime players describing every class issue there is. but instead of making use of this info, he starts screwing one of the classes which are perfectly fine.

regarding game code, I wouldn not call the game engine "hacked", it's just a modified version of Unreal 2 engine. seeing that previous dev teams were capable to bring up amazing and actually real content (meaning: no revamps) such as griffon questline, ancient port warehouse, etc shows me that it's still good enough to work with. especially after almost a year, current dev team should be somewhat familiar with the code even if it's somewhat messy.

on the other hand, current dev team even patches in items with wrong price values leading to a mass plat influence. they are not even capable to fix a gamebreaking lag issue for 8 months by now that they actually patched in. I honestly don't quite see current dev team capable enough to handle VG, as any regular MMO dev team MUST be able to prevent issues like that.

I dare to disagree with your statement in regards of SoE & VG. Imo, VG would be better off without SoE. it never received the love it deserved. yes, there was a time in 2007 in which we received some patches with improved gameplay and even new raid targets. but this time is over for long. also, if you look around you will see that any MMO out there and even the f2p ones receive ingame updates on a regular basis, so it's not really something special. if anything, the amount of updates we received is very low considering this is a p2p game.

I do think however that SoE did a great job hiding this jewel behind their lovechild EQ2. for comparison: EQ2 received a total of 8 expansions and 3 adventure packs by now with patches on a regular basis. Vanguard received zero expansions, zero adventure packs and just a handful of actualy content updates.

I honestly appreciate your positive attitude, but I can't come up with the same enthusiasm needed to support the dev team any longer. I just happen to disagree with too many of their recent actions. and I'm probably just burned out seeing what this game would be capable of if it got the love it deserved.

...Snip

I didn't mean to attack u, sorry if I made this impression. even though we might not agree in all points with each another, my concerns were ment to be directed to the dev team and in way against you.

anyway I'd apreciate if a dev took the time for class rebalance. but druid is the least class that would need a revamp. Wigin obviously did not bother to read the class threads and didn't listen to his playerbase either. not a single player asked for this change. everyone was happy the way druids were, especially the long time druid mains. taking the burst away is like taking away what this class is all about. if anything he is pushing the class imbalance even more with this change.

I mean seriously, there are dozens of threads with detailed information of longtime players describing every class issue there is. but instead of making use of this info, he starts screwing one of the classes which are perfectly fine.

regarding game code, I wouldn not call the game engine "hacked", it's just a modified version of Unreal 2 engine. seeing that previous dev teams were capable to bring up amazing and actually real content (meaning: no revamps) such as griffon questline, ancient port warehouse, etc shows me that it's still good enough to work with. especially after almost a year, current dev team should be somewhat familiar with the code even if it's somewhat messy.

on the other hand, current dev team even patches in items with wrong price values leading to a mass plat influence. they are not even capable to fix a gamebreaking lag issue for 8 months by now that they actually patched in. I honestly don't quite see current dev team capable enough to handle VG, as any regular MMO dev team MUST be able to prevent issues like that.

I dare to disagree with your statement in regards of SoE & VG. Imo, VG would be better off without SoE. it never received the love it deserved. yes, there was a time in 2007 in which we received some patches with improved gameplay and even new raid targets. but this time is over for long. also, if you look around you will see that any MMO out there and even the f2p ones receive ingame updates on a regular basis, so it's not really something special. if anything, the amount of updates we received is very low considering this is a p2p game.

I do think however that SoE did a great job hiding this jewel behind their lovechild EQ2. for comparison: EQ2 received a total of 8 expansions and 3 adventure packs by now with patches on a regular basis. Vanguard received zero expansions, zero adventure packs and just a handful of actualy content updates.

I honestly appreciate your positive attitude, but I can't come up with the same enthusiasm needed to support the dev team any longer. I just happen to disagree with too many of their recent actions. and I'm probably just burned out seeing what this game would be capable of if it got the love it deserved.

I only try to stay positive because if I didn't, i would of rage quit a long time ago, my guild is falling apart from bleeding so many players due to SOE f&*kups and ignoring us for so long.

I only meant by the SOE saving/killing statement that  MS pulled out and Sigil was not able to finance it themselves, so if SOE didn't come along, VG may never have seen the light of day, we have always suspected that SOE thought of VG as their red headed step child behind their beloved EQ series and many of us thought it the lack of attention and Dev love was due to not wanting VG to do better than their other titles but I am not so sure now, i think they may just struggle with the VG code.

It was a hack of the engine, to the point where it was something like 75% changed and the code was an absolute cluster f&*k, which is why so many things break when a small patch is made. That was straight from a Devs mouth on the forums not too long ago.

After 6 years I am struggling to find reasons to log in, the only thing keeping me going are good friends and my guild but if these useless changes keep happening while ignoring the more important issues and end game, there will be another walkout and SOE will have no one but themselves to blame.

Releasing the game F2P in the state it was and then breaking it further was extremely poor business and resulted in a lot of players new and old, leaving again.

While I agree Druids didn't need changing, I think what the Dev did was just pick up from where they left of a year or so ago from the class revamp list, Druids were next to get a boost/tweak and from reading what Wigin has been saying, he is making an effort to get the damage right while slightly sacrificing the burst of a Druid...I don't play my Druid much so I can't comment on whether it's good or not but from what I tested, it seemed ok.

• Chill0utChill0ut Member Posts: 3

Why do people insist on posting untruths about a Company they have no idea about.

Vanguards development team is actually a decent size, from Game Developers, Artists, Coders and Programmers.

They also have access to other sections of SOE.

If you want to come talk crap, do some research or actually know what your talking about before posting lies.