Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you believe in reincarnation? *warning may contain spoilers*

expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

He's still with us folks, he's doing just fine.

Comments

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503
    Must admit i dont get it.
  • prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    OMG HES ALIVE!!!!! My throat closed up in sadness when he died... But poor dude, guess grenth was pissed off at him huh? Being reoborn as a pandaren must be a fate worse than an eternity in hell. 
  • expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by freston
    Must admit i dont get it.

Good cus it's kind of a spolier and yes it's to do with GW2

• prpshrtprpshrt Member Posts: 258
    Originally posted by expresso

He's still with us folks, he's doing just fine.

Heads up, might want to put *warning may contain spoilers* on the title or somewhere!

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Well I'll be...

that sly son of a bitch!

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Haven't gotten that far in my Personal Story....so he's gonna die, huh? Damn..at least he no longer has a missing right paw.
  • saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

so blizzard stole best gw2 character?

not nice not nice

• Goll25Goll25 Member UncommonPosts: 187
    FUUUUUUUUUUU you said spoiler, and I didn't listen, now I regret opening this very much. Still knowing the context this is hilairous. 
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by saurus123

so blizzard stole best gw2 character?

not nice not nice

Blizzard steals the best thing from most MMO's, no surprise there.

I hated when he died too, he was so much more fun to be around then that uppity Trehearn!

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I see it as a nod from WoW developers towards GW2 developers. WoW does it a lot, although usually with things unrelated to gaming. Perhaps they liked the only likable character in the whole personal story. The rest of them are not fleshed out at all, especially considering that most people would not have read the GW2 novels.

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Edge-Destiny-ebook/dp/B003VPWXLU/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1349421208&sr=1-4&keywords=guild+wars+2

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Xasapis

I see it as a nod from WoW developers towards GW2 developers. WoW does it a lot, although usually with things unrelated to gaming. Perhaps they liked the only likable character in the whole personal story. The rest of them are not fleshed out at all, especially considering that most people would not have read the GW2 novels.

http://www.amazon.com/Guild-Wars-Edge-Destiny-ebook/dp/B003VPWXLU/ref=sr_1_4?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1349421208&sr=1-4&keywords=guild+wars+2

I am thinking it might just be a coincidence as the NPC's name is not in anyway similar to the GW2 character.  But Blizzard quest designer are known for tipping their hat should I say to others.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by saurus123
    so blizzard stole best gw2 character?   not nice not nice

Blizzard steals the best thing from most MMO's, no surprise there.

I hated when he died too, he was so much more fun to be around then that uppity Trehearn!

He's the best character gw2 has to offer? Yikes.
  • SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Did I just ruin my Asura storyline? :(

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Poor guy, dies and has to get reincarnated in that game, ouch.

@Syn: No, just Order of Whispers story. Race doesn't matter at all with that part of the story or anything beyond the starting area really.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I don't care about spoilers, and since it is warned in the topic. Someone wanna explain this one to me please?

• eggy08eggy08 Member Posts: 525
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    I don't care about spoilers, and since it is warned in the topic. Someone wanna explain this one to me please?

Basically regardless of which of the 3 factions you pick, your mentor takes the bullet for you in the first battle against a dragon in the game. Basically holds it off till you can escape, each one dying as a result. He is the Order of Whispers mentor no matter what paths you pick for the story of that and concequently dies regardless of what paths you pick in that part. Same goes for either of the other 2.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

the moment i saw apples i yust immediatly recognised him! :D

for people who dont understand, if you take the order of whispers as your faction, your mentor will be an charr obsessed with apples. He thinks noone will notice him and he will be secret as long as he keeps shouting he sells apples :P

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED