Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Global Agenda: PvP-Centric GA2 In the Works

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to a new post on the Global Agenda forums, a new PvP oriented sequel is in the works. The post is very candid in its assessment of the (lack of) success that GA experienced and gives players a little hint as to what the future holds for Global Agenda 2.

Several months ago we sent out Surveys and got responses about what players would like to see improved most in GA and how should that be released.

The majority of the responses was to release a new version of GA 'GA2' with a PvP focus and make that as good as possible.

So we are currently in the process of making that game. We will use a lot of the GA assets, some of the maps, and some of the game modes. We plan to add new maps, game modes, class weapons, and build it all on our newest platform.

We expect to start Beta testing GA2 (or whatever we end up calling it) by the mid of next year.

Read more on the Global Agenda forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I spent a LOT of time in GA. I purchased the game after it no longer required a subscription ($38 on Steam), but well before it went "F2P". I think I more than got my money's worth out of it. It was a bit of a let down when the world ended at level 17, but there were a lot of dungeon missions and a lot of PvP and the PvP was by far the best part of the game.

Hopefully they'll do something with the land ownership aspect of the game because that was pretty interesting.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• xalvixalvi Member Posts: 329

WOW!

This is awesome, count me in.

• illmaculateillmaculate Member UncommonPosts: 11
    They screwed the game up when they released that massive patch that tried to make it like WoW. Up until then it was a blast. Also, not being able to group up and play with more than one of your friends (unless AvA) was and is ridiculous.
  • AiiiMzAiiiMz Member UncommonPosts: 18
    GA was never a PvE game for me, I played it (lots) purely for the PvP. This is great news for me as I was literally just discussing a couple of days ago how I wish it haden't took the post-development PvE focus it did.
  • YakCastYakCast Member Posts: 59
    Originally posted by illmaculate
    They screwed the game up when they released that massive patch that tried to make it like WoW. Up until then it was a blast. Also, not being able to group up and play with more than one of your friends (unless AvA) was and is ridiculous.

I agree with you on this! However, I do have feel confident that Hi-Rez has learned a lot from it's mistakes and will make GA2 kick ass!

Yak Cast | MMO Podcast: http://www.yak.mmoSmackTalk.com
    Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/yakmmosmacktalk
    Follow me on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/YakCast

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by illmaculate

Pretty much this ^

I used to play this game well before that patch, and it was a really fun, F2P game. It was mostly focused around PvP, with dungeon missions if ques were bad. I just hope they don't do the same thing w/ GA2, or it will have all the same problems. So far it sounds a little too similar to what GA1 used to be. Which isn't bad, but we've already played that game. They really need to improve upon the first game, exand on the strengths it has, etc. Especially considering how many MMOFPS games are coming out soon.

• ThegoodlolThegoodlol Member CommonPosts: 64
    This is exactly what should have been done in the first place.
  • SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    Originally posted by Thegoodlol

Agreed but they should add a FPS feel to it. I mean what's the point of aiming when you don't even need to be precise...Any noob can aim a HUGE hitbox...Another thing I didn't like was the RPG part with characters having HUGE pool of HP. I didn't like it because the game wasn't about skill really, it was more a teamplay game. I don't like playing any kind shooter where I can't even beat 3 noobs solo because the game is noob friendly. Give me the ability to beat someone easily by having a more precise aim than him, then I'll play. Else, I'll stick with my FPS or I'll play an MMORPG, not some weird game that mix both for the worst.

But that's just my opinion.

• darkmandarkman Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Originally posted by SirFubar

Agreed but they should add a FPS feel to it. I mean what's the point of aiming when you don't even need to be precise...Any noob can aim a HUGE hitbox...Another thing I didn't like was the RPG part with characters having HUGE pool of HP. I didn't like it because the game wasn't about skill really, it was more a teamplay game. I don't like playing any kind shooter where I can't even beat 3 noobs solo because the game is noob friendly. Give me the ability to beat someone easily by having a more precise aim than him, then I'll play. Else, I'll stick with my FPS or I'll play an MMORPG, not some weird game that mix both for the worst.

Did you even play the game past level 30 or you just feel like randomly ranting because you think you know how the game works when clearly you don't? GA at its core was the most fun I've ever had in a shooter game largely because of the lack of RNG bullet fire and just how different it felt than most shooters. Skill was huge in that game, ESPECIALLY apparent in 30+ PUG Mercs.

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70

Spent 60 dollars for physical copy on GA back when when it was up for preorder on Amazon.

The F2P and PvE Crap that they added just literally killed the game imo and the quality of the community. 

I am so glad GA2 will go back to its original PvP centric roots. THANK YOU HI REZ! Looking forward to this one.

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• vieplis666vieplis666 Member Posts: 33
    Without pve, im not gona play GA, whats the point to make another pvp fps, like tonns of many  others.
     Without f2p game will die, with fine cash shop where people can buy only xp boosts, game will success, overpowered stuff there or pay to win and other agvantages will bring free players to quit.
  • gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by SirFubar

You said it... it's a teamplay game, and that's where the skill factor comes in. Skill to look at the scenario and quickly know what your team needs you to do. Sorry, but aiming alone will not make you a good GA player. You also need to use your brain, and take the right decisions fast. Good medics or good robots can decide the outcome of a match without ever having had to aim not even once.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by vieplis666
    Without pve, im not gona play GA, whats the point to make another pvp fps, like tonns of many  others.
     Without f2p game will die, with fine cash shop where people can buy only xp boosts, game will success, overpowered stuff there or pay to win and other agvantages will bring free players to quit.

You also got lots of pve shooters. So?

PVE in GA is really poor (and grants way worse rewards while leveling, btw). This game is all about PVP. You may or may not like it, but that's how it is.

And I don't think GA is a "pay to win" game. Not when a lvl 50 player with the best gear available hardly does around 20% more damage than a lvl 1 player with the worst gear existing.

• TheeDefilerTheeDefiler Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by gordiflu
    Originally posted by vieplis666

You also got lots of pve shooters. So?

PVE in GA is really poor (and grants way worse rewards while leveling, btw). This game is all about PVP. You may or may not like it, but that's how it is.

And I don't think GA is a "pay to win" game. Not when a lvl 50 player with the best gear available hardly does around 20% more damage than a lvl 1 player with the worst gear existing.

PVE wasnt poor in GA. It is by far a lot more involved than many other MMO's. Nobody ever stopped you from being a PVP junky. PVE did nothing to damper your ability to play PVP so why bash on it when some people enjoy that far more than you do. I personally played PVP to level and PVE to have fun and dink around with friends. PVP SUCKS for playing with friends.

That is why I ask HI-Rez not to be idiots about this and just build upon GA1. It will be easier and  a lot quicker to bring alive than an entirely new game. Honestly this is why I have little respect for this developer. They build a game then two years later they drop the project and waste all that money and time they spent. They claim that they stopped because they lost money on it but through their own stupidity they lost the money by dropping the project entirely when it could have so much more built upon it. 

THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE GAMING COMMUNITY AS OF LATE. 

Nobody thinks anything through they just think now now now instead of develop things over time and give things time to get where it needs to be. NOTHING in the world works like that everybody knows it.

screw HI-REZ for even thinking about a Global Agenda 2.