Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just started

BraavosiBraavosi Member Posts: 149

I picked up the amazon deal on saturday and am looking for someone or people to play with.

My usual play times are afternoons and or evenings CST. A few times a week. I chose minmatar and just got done with the tutorial agents, now just doing security missions. If you're interested, I have ventrilo server we can use. 

PST

Comments

• WolfHaartWolfHaart Member UncommonPosts: 216

I'm playing a little on and off right now.

Although I live in the EU, so our timezones are a little different. Like right now its night.

But you can always add me and give a shout if you see me online sometime.

I'm also a Minmatar so hopefully I wont be too far away. -hehe-

Ingame name:   Prince Damien

Fly Safe

• DragFireDragFire Member Posts: 16
    I'm very interested in EVE Online. I will try the 21 d. trial when I have time. Are there other good options of subscription than the 15€ of the official web? I heard something about some official supported webs to buy PLEX (for real money) at a low price than the sub
  • NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

PLEX is a little more expensive than a subscription through legal sellers.  And, no matter what there is a $5 activation fee to go with the first month.

If you get into a good corp and have time to play a lot and make isk fast you'll be able to pay for the game just by playing though.  Although we're kind of hijacking his thread.

• BraavosiBraavosi Member Posts: 149

Anyone else new that needs someone to play with?

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

My recommendation is find a Corp.  Playing with another noob may help a little but overall not the best :P.  While it may seem like the recruitement channel is only looking for dedicated older players (older than 1-6 months) there are those who aren't.  Like the one I joined last week is very casual friendly but they don't have plans for PVP right now (which works for me right now).  They also have a 1% tax rate which is also good for me.

So just keep looking and watching for one that you think will work for you.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Here are some corps that would be more than happy to have you among their ranks:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Educational_organizations

Fly safe! o7

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• gholstongholston Member Posts: 83
    Originally posted by NetSage

My recommendation is find a Corp.  Playing with another noob may help a little but overall not the best :P.  While it may seem like the recruitement channel is only looking for dedicated older players (older than 1-6 months) there are those who aren't.  Like the one I joined last week is very casual friendly but they don't have plans for PVP right now (which works for me right now).  They also have a 1% tax rate which is also good for me.

So just keep looking and watching for one that you think will work for you.

You really should find a corp. You will learn exponentially more from players with experience.

Eve Universioty is a great corp for new players.

• XsonicXsonic Member UncommonPosts: 93

I am a member of EVE University. I started playing the game this August 2012 and I'm having a blast. :D I like their classes; they give a nice insight of all aspects of the game. I just PvPed with the home defense fleet against war targets. They offer free frigate/cruiser replacement if yours gets blown up so I can fit all kinds of things and try my best at each PvP role.

Benefits of being in the Uni are free skillbooks under 1mil ISK, 3+ implants for 5mil each, Mentor program in which they assign you a mentor depending on what you would like to do, ship replacement as I mentioned before, live classes via voice chat (usually 40+ people attend each class from what I've seen), and other good stuff I can't recall from the top of my head.

There's also a mining division, lowsec camp, and I think they are settling down in nullsec and thinking about expanding into WH in the future.

www.eveuniversity.org

• Kuro1nKuro1n Member UncommonPosts: 775

My corp got a lot of new players in it right now if you can't find people to play with, sadly we are EU but we play quite late so might work for you. Send me a mail IG if you're interested. 

IG nick: Noceur-01 Tiers