Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I a prick?

ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643

So get this, been with this woman for 3 years. We have a son together but the situation has been....very rocky. Long story short, a year ago she had emotional attachments and men on the side she flirted with. Keep in mind that's a long story VERY short. The last year she has been trying her best to regain my trust.

So the other day, we were somehow talking about one of  her friends getting married. Then she goes, if we ever get married you're going to have to take marriage classes and probably convert to the catholic belief. I was F'in shocked. 1.) I am more of  a deist by nature, although I don't hate other religions I don't like others to press their beliefs onto me. 2.) She never mentioned she was strict in those catholic beliefs!. She told me years ago part of her family was catholic but she never goes to church. So I figured, well damn....good, she's not overly religious.

So the question is, am I a prick for telling her we won't be getting married if I have to get an OK from a priest?

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Are you a prick for not wanting to convert to a religion just so you can get married?

No

To be honest she sounds pretty unstable overall. Not somebody you should ever get married to, unless you want to bend over, grab your ankles and take it up the butt by a divorce lawyer down the line

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

No your not a prick, she is for suggesting that you convert.  From your descrtiption of her she doesnt sound overly religious herself so there must be something more to her request that that.  

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437
    She's not THAT catholic if she flirted with men on the side. Voted no.
  • worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Better to learn these little details before marriage and not after!

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• MytobMytob Member Posts: 79
    I would never convert just to marry someone. If there is true love then religion should not factor into it simple.

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    These romance situations are always one sided.  You should join with the thousands of others posting on Yahoo Answers and Questions.  I will not give a judgement over someone else's love life but if I did I would not give it unless I heard both sides of the story first.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

Without going into my problems with Catholicism, Deism rocks, and I don't know if you should get married to someone you don't trust.  

EDIT: I see all pollee's are in agreement haha