Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Game Price :)

Just took this photo today @ best buy. Thought it was funny considering the game is going FTP soon, enjoy!

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    The funny part is that thats what  I paid for it.
  • strangepowersstrangepowers Member UncommonPosts: 630

Hello World.

You act like it's your first time out of the basement. You went to a big box retailer... and stuff cost MSRP. Don't be surprised when the sun comes out tomorrow.

• TrionicusTrionicus Member UncommonPosts: 498
    Originally posted by strangepower

Hello World.

You act like it's your first time out of the basement. You went to a big box retailer... and stuff cost MSRP. Don't be surprised when the sun comes out tomorrow.

What!

Umm what about dec. 21 2012? Or has my attempt at sarcasm also been lost in the void?

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Wal-mart today has it for 14.99 - the price of first month subscription. Best Buy is outdated LOL. They must missed announcement that prices went down to 14.99 in August.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

I saw Star Wars Jump to Light Speed with a cost. . that is right. . the expansion. . 

I also just saw AoC collectors Edition.

This is nothing new for sure.  I thought about telling a manager and seeing what I could get for a price. . some people will buy them for the "extras".

At least SWTOR is not free to play yet. . when I bought it I got it for $20.  just before they announced free to play.

I also know where to get a WOW Cata collectors edition if anyone is interested :)

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• I remember Games selling a game that had already gone F2P or maybe the game had shut down..

I can´t remember exactly what game it was, I think it was RF online or maybe LOTRO. 

Well either way,  at least it was together with the other cheap pc games.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn

I saw Star Wars Jump to Light Speed with a cost. . that is right. . the expansion. . 

This is nothing new for sure.  I thought about telling a manager and seeing what I could get for a price. . some people will buy them for the "extras".

At least SWTOR is not free to play yet. . when I bought it I got it for $20.  just before they announced free to play.

I also know where to get a WOW Cata collectors edition if anyone is interested :)

You can probably sell JTL for a profit.

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by RefMinor

You can probably sell JTL for a profit.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=star%20wars%20galaxies%20jump%20to%20lightspeed&_fscr=1

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    I recall after Tabula Rasa shutdown, there were still copies on the shelves at the local gamestop.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

lol, mentioning SWG....I saw the original SWG: an empire divided retail box in the shop for 39.95...with a note: "this game requires a subscription to play".....yesterday.

Luckily I still have my original box from 03 ....I would have bought it just for the memories lolololol.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Trionicus

Just took this photo today @ best buy. Thought it was funny considering the game is going FTP soon, enjoy!

Well you conveniently left out the location of the Best Buy.  This franchise would be ripping you off since Best Buy's near me sells it dirt cheap, they even had the Collectors Edition for $20 ..(sold out now)

Here is Best Buy Online:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Star+Wars%3A+The+Old+Republic+-+Windows/3031171.p;?id=1218373620959&skuId=3031171&st=star%20wars%20old%20republic&lp=1&cp=1

$14.99

The franchise is ripping you off, or you are pulling our chain :P ... either way it's unclear it the box game is worthless since in the first interview (or one of them), when F2P was described, you would need the box to go 51+.  If there is interest in this, I can dig it up .. but it was months ago and things change .. EA doesn't know what they're doing anyways. They are, for the most part, an incompetant company, imo.

All the people that knew gamers have mostly been fired, or they resigned or outright quit EA / BioWare.  The folks left, and, (especially) the new replacements are more intersted in making the most money for EA with the smallest investment, just like what we've seen in the past 9 months.

Maybe the box counts, or it doesn't.  If someone wants to play now, I'd say $14.99, no more because that is kind of the standard.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278
    Originally posted by Muke

lol, mentioning SWG....I saw the original SWG: an empire divided retail box in the shop for 39.95...with a note: "this game requires a subscription to play".....yesterday.

Luckily I still have my original box from 03 ....I would have bought it just for the memories lolololol.

You could probably make a profit from the SWG ones, as it is not a rip off to people who know what to do with them ;)

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by superniceguy

You could probably make a profit from the SWG ones, as it is not a rip off to people who know what to do with them ;)

Wink wink indeed image

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321
    Originally posted by Muke

don't have my original retail box these days but I still have these

I miss DAoC