Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MoP is the best WoW expansion to date.

SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425

I'm a bit surprised to be honest. I knew I would like it more than Cataclysm, but not this much.

I rushed my monk to 90 within the first 24h of launch just to get started on the endgame (yes, I got the server first, and didn't get to sleep for 39h in total and yes, I'm still married, though maybe not as happily). And jeez louise, there's so much content. Now, first off, scenarios. I hate them. They're boring. I played one at lvl 90, and I still regret it. So they're not for me, I accept that. But all the rest is! Pet Battles are surprisingly deep and fun. Challenge Modes are INSANELY addicting. I just wanted to run the same dungeon over and over to shave off a few minutes on our last time. And I've only tried a few of them yet!

The daily quest design makes me as a raider need to go out in the world so the game does no longer feel lobby based. Hell, it's hard to find any one area where there are more people in than in any other. Makes recruiting a mage for my guild a pain, heh. Oh, and I'm actually enjoying planting stuff on my farm. Go figure! I thought I would hate it! Even picked up cooking (revamped for tradeskill noobs like me) for the first time since first week of closed beta, hah.

The raids incoming in a few days and then a few weeks after that seem to offer a very varied and lengthy experience. I am very much looking forward to this.

I didn't try pvp much, since it's an area I haven't focused much since the hayday of wotlk.

All in all: I love MoP! (except the Justice Point reward design, grrr)

Comments

• icemanateeicemanatee Member UncommonPosts: 79
    There is a huge problem with end game right now in MoP. Everything requires dailies to grind faction reputation to gain access to content. They removed reputation tabards so you are forced to do dailies if you want to do any type of end game. Pet Battles, while fun yes, is just a mini game and is to past time (There is also grinding of a faction to gain access to pets).  To raid, buy gear or to PVP, you have to grind away every day. They went back to the days of Ogri'la and Skyguard and it seriously sucks. You know what will be even worst? Doing rep grinds on alts after having them done them on your main for months. Then do you know whats even more discouraging? Bilzzard probably seeing the light after 6 months and allowing everyone get everything for free.
  • rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I just came back to WoW from a long break, and yes MoP is far superior to Cata so far. The starting zones at 85 were done much better in my opinion, and I'm having a good time slowly leveling my Brewmaster to cap through dungeons.

I wouldn't say best Xpack ever, though. For me, Wrath was the best expansion. That being said, it's still very soon in the life of this Xpack, so that opinion might change.

• icemanateeicemanatee Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Not to mention, but all of justice points / valor points have been capped and heroic dungeons drop better gear than justice point gear. Finally, justice point vendor gear is only obtainable once you grinded the faction.
  • SvarcanumSvarcanum Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    So you rushed through content in 39 hours?  Grats? 

Well. 24h to level 90. And content starts at level 90 in my world, so no, I didn't rush through any content. Unless you mean speed running heroics, then, yes, I rushed through content. But only to be BiS before raid start.

Originally posted by jeffxsee
    There is a huge problem with end game right now in MoP. Everything requires dailies to grind faction reputation to gain access to content. They removed reputation tabards so you are forced to do dailies if you want to do any type of end game. Pet Battles, while fun yes, is just a mini game and is to past time (There is also grinding of a faction to gain access to pets).  To raid, buy gear or to PVP, you have to grind away every day. They went back to the days of Ogri'la and Skyguard and it seriously sucks. You know what will be even worst? Doing rep grinds on alts after having them done them on your main for months. Then do you know whats even more discouraging? Bilzzard probably seeing the light after 6 months and allowing everyone get everything for free.

In the past I've been a huge detractor of daily grinds. But this time around I feel they're in a good place. They bring people out in the world, and it doesn't take overly long to complete them. I mean, I'm only about 2 days away from being revered with the insect folks (and you needn't get more than that for gear purposes). I like their design of forcing you to do different things in game to maximize your returns. If it were tabard style again, I, and many other like me, would just spam dungeons and it would turn into cata lobby game again.

• Branko2307Branko2307 Member UncommonPosts: 346

WoW  cant really be punked, still nr1 and will be for ages...i love it as much as i did first day i played in US closed beta :D

Haters can write all they want all that maters to me is that when i log in im having fun, mostly by owning alliance :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum!! ~Planescape: Torment~

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Good for you.

Personally, I don't ike Pandas or other cute things in my MMOs so I will pass.

I don't like any furries. That's why I simply didn't roll a panda.
  • mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by Svarcanum
    Originally posted by jeffxsee

In the past I've been a huge detractor of daily grinds. But this time around I feel they're in a good place. They bring people out in the world, and it doesn't take overly long to complete them. I mean, I'm only about 2 days away from being revered with the insect folks (and you needn't get more than that for gear purposes). I like their design of forcing you to do different things in game to maximize your returns. If it were tabard style again, I, and many other like me, would just spam dungeons and it would turn into cata lobby game again.

This is an excellent point - the dailies stop people living in a city and doing dungeons whilst wearing a tabard and gaining rep. Making people come out to play is what the game needed .

• mark2123mark2123 Member UncommonPosts: 450
    Originally posted by ste2000

Good for you.

Personally, I don't ike Pandas or other cute things in my MMOs so I will pass.

Was hesitant about Pandas, but they are easily the more interesting to play and I'm having a blast on my monk. All about personal opinion I guess.

• CalvenCalven Member Posts: 151

I'm glad that you are able to enjoy the game! :)

Now, I haven't played Wow since BC, but I do remember to enjoy the content I encountered on my way to max level was far more enjoyable than end game itself.. It saddens me that so many people simply rush through this phase, missing so much lore and well written quests. I miss Vanilla WoW and BC, some of my finest MMO memories.. But much have changes since then, and it may be that the quality of pre-end game has deteriorated.

Happy gaming :)

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Svarcanum And content starts at level 90 in my world, so no, I didn't rush through any content. Unless you mean speed running heroics, then, yes, I rushed through content.

What is it now.....yes or no?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• dageezadageeza Member Posts: 578

OPs account of pandaville sounds honest for a still devoted fan but is pretty much more of the same just as i would have expected..

I am totally and forever burned out on WoW or any of its clones but i still think Wow itself is one of the best games ever made and a game i had many years of enjoyment playing..

If its not broke dont fix it but blizzard should expect that many ex-players wont be coming back for a stroll through pandaville..

Playing GW2..

Yes and no, I guess. Considering the objective in challenge mode is to rush, it would be weird if I didn't. That'd be like smelling the roses in Sonic the Hedgehog...
  • BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Am I the only one who is sick of Fisher Price MMO's....Thats what I feel this is. Everything is so cutesie and bright and colorful, I half expect the clouds to have little smiley faces on them. I want an Adult, dark, MMO with some grit, and god forbid some "ugly" character races to chose from. Maybe even a little blood, its too bad I couldn't get in to AOC cause thats what im looking for...Oh well
  • krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122

I came back after quitting 1 month after cata (about 2 years ago) and I'm having a blast.

Blizzard managed to make WoW worse with every expansion until cata(vanilla>tbc>wotlk=cata IMO),  but MoP is the first one that actually improves the game.

The biggest improvements are the pet battles which make leveling more FUN than WoW leveling ever was, the new talent system which doesn't force you to pick the "correct" spec to be effective (for the first time I'm picking talents by myself, and not from some site), and the CRZs that pretty much resurrected my low pop server.

I personally didn't like the monk but I will give him another chance after I level my new warr, rogue, hunter, and all my battle pets to max level. (hopefully before 2014 :)

Also, playing GW2 for a month made me appreciate WoW even more.

Originally posted by Beastn
    Am I the only one who is sick of Fisher Price MMO's....Thats what I feel this is. Everything is so cutesie and bright and colorful, I half expect the clouds to have little smiley faces on them. I want an Adult, dark, MMO with some grit, and god forbid some "ugly" character races to chose from. Maybe even a little blood, its too bad I couldn't get in to AOC cause thats what im looking for...Oh well

I just bashed 10 (living) humans' heads into the ground to save them from the torture of the scourge growing them like trees.

• BeastnBeastn Member UncommonPosts: 111
    Then immedeatly had a few pet battles a la pokemon and ran a dungeon featuring drunk monkies who have a dance party at the end on your cudly wudly panda?
    Originally posted by Beastn
    Then immedeatly had a few pet battles a la pokemon and ran a dungeon featuring drunk monkies who have a dance party at the end on your cudly wudly panda?

You can mock pet battles all you want but they are so much fun. Have you actually tried them? I never played pokemon (or any other similar game) before and I love 'em. Also I play an undead without eyes or a chin. 

• tyrannistyrannis Member Posts: 198
    I'm glad you are enjoying it.

However. Who would have thought that dumb down "who would have thought it possible" talent trees and Pet battles would be the best ever. Ton of content? Never seen that before in a WOW expansion.

It's shiny and new just like it always is but if you didn't like it much before nothing profound has changed. Best Ever? You'll not convince anyone with an objective view with these items.

##Best SWTOR of 2011
    Posted by I_Return - SWTOR - "Forget the UI the characters and all ofhe nitpicking bullshit" "Greatest MMO Ever Created"

##Fail Thread Title of 2011
    Originally posted by daveospice
    "this game looks like crap?"

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

I'm a bit surprised to be honest. I knew I would like it more than Cataclysm, but not this much.

I rushed my monk to 90 within the first 24h of launch just to get started on the endgame (yes, I got the server first, and didn't get to sleep for 39h in total and yes, I'm still married, though maybe not as happily). And jeez louise, there's so much content. Now, first off, scenarios. I hate them. They're boring. I played one at lvl 90, and I still regret it. So they're not for me, I accept that. But all the rest is! Pet Battles are surprisingly deep and fun. Challenge Modes are INSANELY addicting. I just wanted to run the same dungeon over and over to shave off a few minutes on our last time. And I've only tried a few of them yet!

The daily quest design makes me as a raider need to go out in the world so the game does no longer feel lobby based. Hell, it's hard to find any one area where there are more people in than in any other. Makes recruiting a mage for my guild a pain, heh. Oh, and I'm actually enjoying planting stuff on my farm. Go figure! I thought I would hate it! Even picked up cooking (revamped for tradeskill noobs like me) for the first time since first week of closed beta, hah.

The raids incoming in a few days and then a few weeks after that seem to offer a very varied and lengthy experience. I am very much looking forward to this.

I didn't try pvp much, since it's an area I haven't focused much since the hayday of wotlk.

Great that you like it but you are probably the first person on this site who ever had something positive to say about daily quests.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019

I think the expansion on the whole is a step in the right direction for the game, Cataclysm was gash and made me quit the game for well over a year.

If this expansion introduced a race that wasn't pandas then people wouldn't be so hard on the game. I would probably never make one, just like I never made a worgen or a Draenei either because I don't like those races.

Pet battles are a nice side activity for the game to have, I never played pokemon and it seems like a nice distraction.

As a grown adult I don't feel the need for every game I play to be dark and gritty, real life gives me enough of that as does playing DayZ most days of the week.

I haven't actually bought MoP yet but I will at some point.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212
    Originally posted by Loke666

Great that you like it but you are probably the first person on this site who ever had something positive to say about daily quests.

Well now, let's change that, shall we?

I think dailies are FANTASTIC because they get people out in the open - where I CAN GANK THEM.

Tol Barad was my all time favourite part of WoW *EVER* because of this and if MoP brings more?

HELL YEAH. DAILIES ROCK!!!

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Originally posted by evilprey
    i was sure that Blizz cant make something worst then Cata but i was wrong . Pandaland is a bad joke . Wow's selling must be compared from now with Pokemon  . Wow is not a serious mmo anymore

Well then good.  Most of the "serious" mmo's have sucked and been boring as crap.  I would rather play something non-serious and fun than something serious and dull as a week old turd.

• MikkelBMikkelB Member Posts: 240

Originally posted by Loke666

While the huge amount of dailes that opens up at level 90 is a good thing, it should be optional for everyone. I read a lot of complaints about how you needed one faction at revered, to be even able to do dailies for two other factions. I like having a lot of dailies, because it gives me something to work towards.

That said, I read on MMO-Champion today that they hotfixed the two points that annoyed me, mainly the two factions being locked behind another faction and the reputation requirement on JP and VP gear. Link is here: Faction Justice Gear Reputation Requirements Hotfix

Originally posted by evilprey
    i was sure that Blizz cant make something worst then Cata but i was wrong . Pandaland is a bad joke . Wow's selling must be compared from now with Pokemon  . Wow is not a serious mmo anymore

I've trouble taking your post serious too. Pet Battles are completly optional. If you find them childish, just don't participate. As easy as that. I'm not sure what's the joke about "Pandaland" though. I can understand it if you don't like the aesthetics, but that's about it.