Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Here my build what yours?

SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

Well that could be fun to see how everyones play they character so here i begin.

Game finish at Veteran Berserker lvl 53.

My stats without any equipement

Str 104

Dex 131

Focus 5

Vit 60

Active Skill:

Shadow Burst 11/15

Passive Skill:

Frenzy Mastery 11/15

Shred Armor 11/15

Rage Retaliation 10/15

Blood Hunger 11/15

Executioner 11/15

Rampage 4/15

I use only Shadow Burst skill cause this is my life saver, i can get trough hordes of mob with it so i dont get caught in a corner and if i do it 2 or 3 times it heal me completly. Other skill for me at this point are useless for my play style.

So what your builds?

Comments

• MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I haven't played Berserker yet. I tried out Engineer and Outlander, but am mainly playing the latter. So far, I am not that happy with my build. I chose one or two points in some skills I shouldn't have done for the style of play I have adopted.

With that being said, I am upping mainly dex, strength and vitality, with points in focus every now and then. He is level 36 and is mainly a rapid fire and shadow shot guy. I use blade pact to slow down mobs and kite them, and I use stone pact to heal myself when I can't kite. I have some points in bats, and use mainly pistols or bow. I am still figuring out a good template for the Outlander, but this will be the character I will finish the game with the first time. It is alright if he is not perfect...

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732
    Originally posted by MurlockDance

I haven't played Berserker yet. I tried out Engineer and Outlander, but am mainly playing the latter. So far, I am not that happy with my build. I chose one or two points in some skills I shouldn't have done for the style of play I have adopted.

With that being said, I am upping mainly dex, strength and vitality, with points in focus every now and then. He is level 36 and is mainly a rapid fire and shadow shot guy. I use blade pact to slow down mobs and kite them, and I use stone pact to heal myself when I can't kite. I have some points in bats, and use mainly pistols or bow. I am still figuring out a good template for the Outlander, but this will be the character I will finish the game with the first time. It is alright if he is not perfect...

This is exaclty why i like this game more than D3 cause our builds are not perfect, that the point of customization.

I have an Outlander lvl 25 and here is built so far:

Main 2 points dex, 2 points vit and 1 points strengh.

My active skill is:

Rapid fire

My passive skill are:

Long range mastery

Dodge Mastery

Poison Burst

This build work well so far but i start this character in normal mode but that was too easy , that why i did a berserker in Veteran. I will probably change the difficulty.

Stone pack seem a cool skill i will try it.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905

I jsut played a normal berserker.  for skills I made sure to grab each of the passives.  My main attacks are Eviscerate for aoe and raze for single target.  My only problem with this build is that I use way too many mana pots and as I got closer to 50 I started getting hit harder and needed more health pots.  Eviscerate was pretty important as I use claws.

I'll probably restart with a veteran berserker.

For stats I usually went 2 str, 2 dex and 1 vit.  I then started adding vit a bit higher later on for survivability.  I have no idea how viable this char would be on veteran or up to lvl 100.

Str - 102 (+5) = 107
    Dex - 108
    Foc - 5 + 6 = 11
    Vit - 80

Eviscerate - 11/15
    Raze - 10/15
    Blood Hunger - 11/15
    Executioner - 10/15
    Rampage - 1/15
    Cold Steel Mastery - 11/15 (22% bonus damage)
    Rage Retaliation - 9/15
    Frenzy Mastery - 1/15
    Shred Armor - 1/15
    Red Wolf - 1/15

Originally posted by Silok

This is exaclty why i like this game more than D3 cause our builds are not perfect, that the point of customization.

I have an Outlander lvl 25 and here is built so far:

Main 2 points dex, 2 points vit and 1 points strengh.

My active skill is:

Rapid fire

My passive skill are:

Long range mastery

Dodge Mastery

Poison Burst

This build work well so far but i start this character in normal mode but that was too easy , that why i did a berserker in Veteran. I will probably change the difficulty.

Stone pack seem a cool skill i will try it.

What I mean by my build not being perfect is that I put some points in skills I ended up not using at all.

With stone pact on normal, which is what I am playing at the moment, you don't need dodge. I am guessing you do though on veteran. I wanted to test the waters first in normal before trying anything harder.

So far the verdict is that I think rapid shot is pretty good, but it might be actually better not to develope it as a main attack but rather put up to 5 points for a pretty decent armor debuff and some extra shots, and then use something else as a main attack. Next ranged-based Outlander I make I will do that, but what I will be getting instead I am not sure yet.

Shadow shot is very useful but pretty harsh on mana pool if you don't put points in focus and get some mana stealing capabilities.

Blood pact is useful, even with just up to 5 points in it. It is great for slowing down certain annoying mobs, if you see what I mean, and stone pact is fantastic!

What I love about TL2 is that there are so many ways to play your character. The replayability is amazing for each class. I can see that one can make a minion Outlander, a more dodge-based and movement Outlander, a more melee Outlander, several types of bowaOutlanders, a shotty Outlander, etc. I just love that aspect of the game!

What I mean by my build not being perfect is that I put some points in skills I ended up not using at all.

With stone pact on normal, which is what I am playing at the moment, you don't need dodge. I am guessing you do though on veteran. I wanted to test the waters first in normal before trying anything harder.

So far the verdict is that I think rapid shot is pretty good, but it might be actually better not to develope it as a main attack but rather put up to 5 points for a pretty decent armor debuff and some extra shots, and then use something else as a main attack. Next ranged-based Outlander I make I will do that, but what I will be getting instead I am not sure yet.

Shadow shot is very useful but pretty harsh on mana pool if you don't put points in focus and get some mana stealing capabilities.

Blood pact is useful, even with just up to 5 points in it. It is great for slowing down certain annoying mobs, if you see what I mean, and stone pact is fantastic!

What I love about TL2 is that there are so many ways to play your character. The replayability is amazing for each class. I can see that one can make a minion Outlander, a more dodge-based and movement Outlander, a more melee Outlander, several types of bowaOutlanders, a shotty Outlander, etc. I just love that aspect of the game!

Yeah that the best part of it. there is real choices to do and it's cool to see how other people play the same character has you but with all these different ways.

For rapid shot, i dont really use it as main attack. For the main atttack i use the default attack and use rapid shot to knockback and break armor. This things is so fast even the boss have difficultiy to reach me. I just like the burst image

My gameplay is pretty basic in fact, can be boring for others but not for me. Still i didnt try this build on veteran so maibe i will try something eles.

I got this little trick to not put skill points on skills i will not use. I wait to have 3 free points and i put them on a new skill. I tried the skill to see if i like it and if not i simply respec the last 3 points skill and i try another skill. This way no screw up.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I running a very shotgun based mid range outlander, lots of fun, however its trick for those circumstances where you get a nasty caster or summoner mob hiding behind a pack of melee. Think I will focus on the pushback hex totem next to move mob walks out of the way.

Also rapid shot. That's more for a physical damage build where you've heavily buffed shotgun or pistol attacks, and your using it for pushback / armour debuff. The good thing is its not mana heavy so if your not focusing on live attacks and other more spell casters type stuff you can put more points in dex & str and leave focus pretty low.
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

I jsut played a normal berserker.  for skills I made sure to grab each of the passives.  My main attacks are Eviscerate for aoe and raze for single target.  My only problem with this build is that I use way too many mana pots and as I got closer to 50 I started getting hit harder and needed more health pots.  Eviscerate was pretty important as I use claws.

I'll probably restart with a veteran berserker.

For stats I usually went 2 str, 2 dex and 1 vit.  I then started adding vit a bit higher later on for survivability.  I have no idea how viable this char would be on veteran or up to lvl 100.

Str - 102 (+5) = 107
    Dex - 108
    Foc - 5 + 6 = 11
    Vit - 80

Eviscerate - 11/15
    Raze - 10/15
    Blood Hunger - 11/15
    Executioner - 10/15
    Rampage - 1/15
    Cold Steel Mastery - 11/15 (22% bonus damage)
    Rage Retaliation - 9/15
    Frenzy Mastery - 1/15
    Shred Armor - 1/15
    Red Wolf - 1/15

You seem to have a balance so you should do fine in veteran, you can create a lan game in veteran mode to try it out.

The reason i choose shadow burst is for the heal. I dont use too much mana pot and this skill help me save some healing pot. It's great to shred armor or shield too.

Lets me know how your build goes on veteran.

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    I running a very shotgun based mid range outlander, lots of fun, however its trick for those circumstances where you get a nasty caster or summoner mob hiding behind a pack of melee. Think I will focus on the pushback hex totem next to move mob walks out of the way.

Also rapid shot. That's more for a physical damage build where you've heavily buffed shotgun or pistol attacks, and your using it for pushback / armour debuff. The good thing is its not mana heavy so if your not focusing on live attacks and other more spell casters type stuff you can put more points in dex & str and leave focus pretty low.

Yep that what i like about rapid shot, i dont spend point on focus and still i dont use too much mana pot.

I tried the shotgun but not so much, still i didnt put skill points on a weapon spec so i can use every ranged weapons execpt canon. They need too much strengh.

Originally posted by ShakyMo

I like your hex totem strategy. Perhaps I will get that and employ it against one of those pesky casters. My current way of handling it is the mow-down approach with shadow shot which takes a bit of mana. I have mana steal gems in my socketed bow.

My character is a heavy bow user, and rapid shot works well with bows that are fast attack speed. I like using cold damage on the bow since it shatters a lot of mobs that can no longer be resurrected as well as slow them down along with blood pact.

The other thing I like so very much about this game is that you can tweek socketed items to suit your playstyle more. I think that is so cool.