Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Unholy Wars: Five New Screens Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Aventurine has released five brand new screenshots from its upcoming title, Darkfall: Unholy Wars. DF:UH is expected to hit retail release in November. Check out all of the new screenshots in the Darkfall: Unholy Wars gallery here at MMORPG.com!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    Loving the new lighting system.

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130
    Looks great, looks like the graphics won't be a turn off for the casual player like they were in the first one!

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444
    If it's coming out in less than two months, I'd think they'd be able to give us some actual gameplay footage.

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by mrcalhou
    If it's coming out in less than two months, I'd think they'd be able to give us some actual gameplay footage.

This is Aventurine you are talking about they took 8+ years to make Darkfall and nobody saw a damn thing for years they like to keep people in suspense I think, well at least until they get your money that is. image

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Calerxes

This is Aventurine you are talking about they took 8+ years to make Darkfall and nobody saw a damn thing for years they like to keep people in suspense I think, well at least until they get your money that is. image

There was gameplay footage of the original years before it released.

If this new one releases on time, I'll be damned amazed, and I'll be even more amazed if it isn't a complete catastrophe of programming.

Seriously, 2 months and no gameplay footage?  How gullible can people be.

• jules88jules88 Member Posts: 11
    cannot wait!

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

Darkfall 1 was almost as bad as Mourning when it comes to gameplay. Just stitching new lighting system and couple new features (when even existing ones were on terrible shape) wont save it.

Only thing that has kept the company going is the niche-scene of open-world pvpers desperately clutching on it, knowing it's either this or nothing.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Originally posted by kishe

Darkfall 1 was almost as bad as Mourning when it comes to gameplay. Just stitching new lighting system and couple new features (when even existing ones were on terrible shape) wont save it.

Only thing that has kept the company going is the niche-scene of open-world pvpers desperately clutching on it, knowing it's either this or nothing.

Is that a bad thing? Or is it more acceptable to continue throwng dollars at Blizzard and companies that make mmo's that are "more of the same"?

If we throw our support behind a game like this, perhaps maybe the big wigs and large development teams will take notice and attempt to create a AAA style game themselves..

Clutching on desperately is what this genre needs..

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

If that is what you think DF:UW is, then you need to do some more research :s

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Vyeth

Is that a bad thing? Or is it more acceptable to continue throwng dollars at Blizzard and companies that make mmo's that are "more of the same"?

If we throw our support behind a game like this, perhaps maybe the big wigs and large development teams will take notice and attempt to create a AAA style game themselves..

Very well said, Vyeth.

For those demanding gameplay video; hang the hell in there. Aventurine has most likely learned a thing or two about giving out too much too soon. Let us not forget the lingering pain of promises not delivered that continues to haunt the OG Darkfall.

As close we are to launch date, I have little doubt that they are playing overly cautious this time around.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

Originally posted by Cecropia

Very well said, Vyeth.

For those demanding gameplay video; hang the hell in there. Aventurine has most likely learned a thing or two about giving out too much too soon. Let us not forget the lingering pain of promises not delivered that continues to haunt the OG Darkfall.

As close we are to launch date, I have little doubt that they are playing overly cautious this time around.

I'm a chronic procrastinator, I've been a chronic procrastinator for as long as I can remember, and even though I have to write a test, 4 quizzes, some powerpoint notes, 2 lab activities, 3 sets of homework assignments, and my lesson plans for Monday morning, I still put them off until tomorrow. The point is: I have a problem, I know I have a problem, and for some reason I have not been able to fix it. I have a bad feeling that Aventurine, even knowing that they have some foibles, don't have to ability to actually fix them. I hope I'm wrong because I want to like this game.

--------

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Originally posted by mrcjevans
    Loving the new lighting system.

The one people will just turn off any way so their performance stays playable in large battles?

• AntiFearAntiFear Member Posts: 58
    Warhammer Online has the best open world PvP system..
  • LasterbaLasterba Member UncommonPosts: 137
    LOL this dude said Warhammer
  • DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by AntiFear

I hope that was a joke.. if not then this means you have never played any sandbox's at all, because asheron call 1 Darkfall and even mortal online has better PVP than any Themepark by far.

• Dirty719Dirty719 Member Posts: 8
    I am a longtime Darkfall subscriber and the only reason I unsubbed last year was because I saw the population drastically decrease. This game is for hardcore full loot open world pvp and also a true sandbox mmo (other than the preset player cities) . If this isn't your genre of mmo then of course you wouldn't like it. What has been proven w/ this game is graphics don't really matter when it comes to smashing other clans. I'm excited for this release being they are obviously adding many elements we as a community contributed to suggesting.
  • CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

I never knew you could PvP in the PvE areas when did they add that?

This is exactly what fans of subgenre MMO's should do instead of accusing devs of being shady, incompetent, biased and the like. If you want more money thrown at Sandbox games support the ones that exist and show the money men there is a market for such things. I and many others still buy vinyl records and they keep on making them, support what you want to see improved instead of just slinging mud and expecting AAA devs to do it.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398
    WHERE ARE YOU DF, I NEED YOU KNOW!!!!!!!!
    http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Wait wut?

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

This is exactly what fans of subgenre MMO's should do instead of accusing devs of being shady, incompetent, biased and the like. If you want more money thrown at Sandbox games support the ones that exist and show the money men there is a market for such things. I and many others still buy vinyl records and they keep on making them, support what you want to see improved instead of just slinging mud and expecting AAA devs to do it.

That's what sub-genre people have been doing for ages, yet nothing changes. I'm placing my bangs on ArcheAge to somewhat alter the view of AAA companies towards games such as this, MO and AA, i highly doubt DF:uw will change anyhting we will still see a tube of themepark dungeon grinds for the coming 2 decades atleast (unfortunately, i'll be 50 by then).

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

Wait wut?

I think he was just trying to prove to himself he could type that without puking on his keyboard a little.

You stay sassy!

I want a good sandbox MMO but I'm not throwing my money at shoddy ones. I found Eve's combat system to be mind-numbingly boring, but it had great ideas that pretty much work. The game economy is top-tier, there's content for the PvPers and the PvEers, and different roles for different play-styles. Darkfall just felt like a giant fps arena to me, and while I know there are players that like that it just felt like Darkfall could have been just so much more. Clearly Aventurine thanks so, too. Hopefully they have the where-with-all to follow through with it.

--------

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751

They kept DF1 so quiet that alot of people here thought it was vaporware....I jsut hope that the players cant cheat in df2 like they did in the first one.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by Draemos

There was gameplay footage of the original years before it released.

If this new one releases on time, I'll be damned amazed, and I'll be even more amazed if it isn't a complete catastrophe of programming.

Seriously, 2 months and no gameplay footage?  How gullible can people be.

And just like original had a lot of work in progress alpha videos, so does Unholy Wars. We never got gameplay footage for the first Darkfall. The closest we had was a 30 minute montage of scenes being acted out in the game engine, and that was about 2 months from release.

How gullible are people? Well, considering that all the trolls on this board said EXACTLY THAT about the first Darkfall when it announced its release date, and they were wrong then....

The most it'll get pushed back is a month, I'd say. AV has never missed a release date by more than that.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper

Wait wut?

This is a joke right? WAR wasn't an open world at all. Just a series of mini BGs with scenarios

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com