Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you have xfire installed on your computer(Poll)

Just curuios what % of MMORPG users use Xfire on their own computers.

Comments

• GoodAfternoonGoodAfternoon Member UncommonPosts: 252
    Didn't think anyone used xfire sitll

Rift

• LissylLissyl Member UncommonPosts: 271
    0-7 right now, not off to a good start lol. =)
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593
    Originally posted by GoodAfternoon

Why not? It tracks my gaming time and lets me see which games I have spent most time on.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Yamota

Why not? It tracks my gaming time and lets me see which games I have spent most time on.

Most MMO's provide you with that statistic making it another redundant feature for MMO players.

VC - Better versions provided else where and most MMO players use these instead.

Video and Screen capture - Better versions are provided else where and most MMO players use these instead.

There simply isn't anything provided by Xfire that isn't out there and done better as well as more widely used.

Nothing wrong if you choose to use it, it's just simply not a tool for your average MMO player.
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

No, I did up until about the launch of lotro, but shortly thereafter I deleted it and have not used it since. No issues with it, just dont have any need for it atm.

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291
    Never have used it, got a lot of stuff through steam and did not want to get hacked through xfire... ><*
  • clumsytoes44clumsytoes44 Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Tried it year's ago and didn't like it.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by stratasaurus

Out of my own curiosity, is there a specific reason you are asking?  The reason I ask this is that the most common (yet erroneous) argument against even mentioning x-fire is the phrase "not enough people use it,"  or its variation "I don't know anybody that uses it."  

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I never been polled by reuters or nelson either...

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • stratasaurusstratasaurus Member Posts: 220
    Originally posted by niceguy3978
    Originally posted by stratasaurus

Out of my own curiosity, is there a specific reason you are asking?  The reason I ask this is that the most common (yet erroneous) argument against even mentioning x-fire is the phrase "not enough people use it,"  or its variation "I don't know anybody that uses it."  

Not really I have just heard xfire mentioned alot around here and was wondering how popular it was among people on the site.  My hope is this thread doesn't turn into another arguement about if Xfire is useful or not that has already been discussed in many threads.  Just a fun little poll to see how many here are using it.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

you know this site has 2,000,000 users right? 

According to the people on this site, OP's poll with lets say 350 people (50 atm) is not enough to see how many people use Xfire right?

Those people are wrong btw if 350 people answer, there will be an marjon of error of 5.7% 

Xfire has a MUCH lower margin of error when montering play time trends of the gaming community. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • CarnafexCarnafex Member Posts: 49
    I don't get polled by Gallup every election either, but the results are still intersting to review.  Same as this poll, is it really realistic to expect 1.843.700 people to respond this poll ?  Does it really change what the results tell us ?
    Originally posted by bcbully

you know this site has 2,000,000 users right? 

According to the people on this site, OP's poll with lets say 350 people (50 atm) is not enough to see how many people use Xfire right?

Those people are wrong btw if 350 people answer, there will be an marjon of error of 5.7% 

Xfire has a MUCH lower margin of error when montering play time trends of the gaming community. 

This poll is for fun it has nothing to do with how accurate Xfire is or not.  Even if a large number of people did respond to the poll still would not tell us how accurate Xfire is or not as that number would be a very small amount of the MMO community in general.  Not the point of the thread just something interesting to read on a saturday afternoon.

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    Nope never used Xfire
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I do, just because I have always used it to keep track of my pc game time and I have a few friends who I only talk to through it.
  • RCP_utRCP_ut Member Posts: 263
    I never used it.
  • Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Used Xfire once for about 5 minutes then uninstalled.
  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    i think half peoples who answer negative, use x-fire , same as half  D3 haters still playing & love that game in secret
  • DrannyDranny Member UncommonPosts: 279
    I have never used it or even have the first idea what it does.
    Originally posted by JosephJR
    i think half peoples who answer negative, use x-fire , same as half  D3 haters still playing & love that game in secret

Interesting theory.......

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    Why would I install something like that on my computer ?
    Chamber of Chains
  • DarkmothDarkmoth Member Posts: 174
    Originally posted by bcbully

They'd be right. 350 reponses wouldn't be enough.

Nope. It's not a random, representative sample. The randomness of the sample becomes much more important if it's a tiny fraction of the population.

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Yamota

and thats is important cuz.....???

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I don't even understand the need for it,why does anyone have it installed?

You wouldn't need it to find friends ,otherwise what kind of friends are they if you can only locate them on Xfire.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    I am using Raptr.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation