Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reason why GW2 is best game EVER!

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

lol that's cute.. also liked the picture shown further down in that thread 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

got to admit..thats what i would be looking at as well..dirty old perv that i am.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

That is terrific, lol!  Now I have one MORE thing to try to find.  This game has become a bit of a treasure hunt for me.  I'm sure loving it. :)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217

Lmao thats awesome.

Im loving the game too! I sometimes think too much..i dont want to log out!

Thank you Anet for the great game.

its no SECRET that guild wars2 is the best mmo in the WORLD - 99% of Templars, Dragons and Illuminati surveyed agree with me!

Join the Revolution and renew your joy for playing a mmorpg!

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• jybgessjybgess Member Posts: 355
    Its not bad for a mini game. It will hold me off till a good mmo is released.
  • austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by kevjards
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

got to admit..thats what i would be looking at as well..dirty old perv that i am.

Its cool, we are all looking at it too. You are not alone.

• DjildjameshDjildjamesh Member UncommonPosts: 406
    gotta love little things like this:D
  • XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I would love if the game had the same costume system LOTRO does. Unfortunately the game is rather limited in how it handles different armor looks. Your choices are two, which really amounts to one, unless you double into the cash shop.

Lets say that I use the armor type A, which has all the stats I want and a decent look. Still, I'm bored with that look so I would like to occassionally change it to look like cultural armor B, but without losing the look of my armor A. In other games you could put the armor B in the town clothes slot and use that slot only for the looks.

Not in GW2.

You have either got to destroy the look of armor type A by transmuting it to the looks of armor type B, or you have to purchase a town set from the cash shop.

Why not then get armor A twice then and transmute one set, you might ask. Well, my armor A is a karma set, which means it cost 250.000 karma to get. Spending another 250.000 is rather excessive. The bottom line is that, unless you find a certain set look horrible, the game basically locks you to one look. I personally was hoping for a bit more freedom, seeing as the game is about collecting sets and looks after a certain point.

• ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by Xasapis

I would love if the game had the same costume system LOTRO does. Unfortunately the game is rather limited in how it handles different armor looks. Your choices are two, which really amounts to one, unless you double into the cash shop.

Lets say that I use the armor type A, which has all the stats I want and a decent look. Still, I'm bored with that look so I would like to occassionally change it to look like cultural armor B, but without losing the look of my armor A. In other games you could put the armor B in the town clothes slot and use that slot only for the looks.

Not in GW2.

You have either got to destroy the look of armor type A by transmuting it to the looks of armor type B, or you have to purchase a town set from the cash shop.

Why not then get armor A twice then and transmute one set, you might ask. Well, my armor A is a karma set, which means it cost 250.000 karma to get. Spending another 250.000 is rather excessive. The bottom line is that, unless you find a certain set look horrible, the game basically locks you to one look. I personally was hoping for a bit more freedom, seeing as the game is about collecting sets and looks after a certain point.

You said it right. It's about collecting them. Not being given them for next to nothing.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Xasapis

Not in GW2.

Couldnt you just transmute it on top of a crafted exotic armor? They are cheap with good stats.

LOTRO BTW stole that function from Everquest 2.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337
    Originally posted by Connmacart

You said it right. It's about collecting them. Not being given them for next to nothing.

Please read what I write before commending. I've currently equipped gear in excess of 500.000 karma and 700 badges of honor. I don't expect anything handed to me. I do expect that I can equip what I've collected without destroying them.

Originally posted by Loke666

Couldnt you just transmute it on top of a crafted exotic armor? They are cheap with good stats.

LOTRO BTW stole that function from Everquest 2.

Well, my ideal stats for WvW are not from a generic crafted armor, I'm at the phase at this point that I've spent much more karma and badge of honor to get the best possible set in terms of stats to downgrade back to crafted.

And really, it doesn't matter who had this feature first. It was just very surprising to see that I couldn't put an auxiliary armor look in a game that it's all about having different armor looks in the first place.