Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will enough people play this game and will it be good?

2»

Comments

• Imperator101Imperator101 Member Posts: 131
    What about the gameplay? I have seen some videos of the original Darkfall, it looks stupid in my opinion. You are constantly running around and swinging you're sword or firing some magic crap at them. I rarely see swords and shields. Hopefully the graphics will get a lot better, Hope it looks as good as Elder Scrolls Oblivion at least.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by Impeator101

I really think they should go free to play with paying options. The paying options would include more player slots, ability to customize the colors/look of your gears and buying gold with real money.  I hope there will be at least on average 4000 players online 24/7 on a CST or EST timezone server.  I did not like the original game, it had a good concept but the gameplay looked to bland.  They are revamping the game engine for UW right? 

I hope it feels like a completly different game from DF1.

FTP or freemium models cannot work for sandbox titles. The entire point of a sandbox is to go do it/get it yourself, a cash shop would ruin that.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

Warriors...Come out to pay-yayyyyyy !

Warriorsssssss...Come out to PAY-YAYYYYYYY !

(whoever can tell me which movie this is from gets a cookie)

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877
    Originally posted by Dzikuni
    U dont rly need a lot ppl for DFO, 2-4k is enough, and P2P is the best way to block 10-14y old kids from playing this game.

News flash... P2P doesn't really block the "kiddos."  I played both F2P and P2P and met more "kiddos" in the P2P game.

• MMORPDEATHMMORPDEATH Member Posts: 414
    Originally posted by karmath

I really think they should go free to play with paying options. The paying options would include more player slots, ability to customize the colors/look of your gears and buying gold with real money.  I hope there will be at least on average 4000 players online 24/7 on a CST or EST timezone server.  I did not like the original game, it had a good concept but the gameplay looked to bland.  They are revamping the game engine for UW right? 

FTP or freemium models cannot work for sandbox titles. The entire point of a sandbox is to go do it/get it yourself, a cash shop would ruin that.

Hardcore sandbox titles cannot last P2P because they don't have mass appeal anymore. You need a happy medium. 

Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by MMORPDEATH
    Originally posted by karmath

Hardcore sandbox titles cannot last P2P because they don't have mass appeal anymore. You need a happy medium. 

Yeah because DF hasnt lasted since 2008 with a sub and they didnt have enough money to remake it into this game...yup certainly couldnt last with a sub,...since 2008....yup...lasting that long with a sub never happend...

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

This game is getting a great buzz, it will be so epic when all the crybabies experience it for the first time. 

I'm pretty sure the game will be fun, as darkfall was/is. But it will never live up to this imense hype, due its design, its bugdet and  the audience its now reaching to (i guess the lack of mmo releases are messing with people heads). 

• GrimmxGrimmx Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Originally posted by Elandir90

This game is getting a great buzz, it will be so epic when all the crybabies experience it for the first time. 

I'm pretty sure the game will be fun, as darkfall was/is. But it will never live up to this imense hype, due its design, its bugdet and  the audience its now reaching to (i guess the lack of mmo releases are messing with people heads). 

It depends.

6 months ago i had TSW, SWTOR and GW2 to look forward too. Now i have no AAA titles im waiting for.

All of the above was the same blend of questing, tab targetting, themepark and uninspired pvp. I got bored after 2-4 weeks playing them. Ive just had it with the "wow" clone games. And the crap pvp.