Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What the heck?

OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

I have not played in a long while, thought I would try the f2p version and Whoa, 18gb download?  Forget that, no wonder the game is underpopulated.  They cannot have 18gb of new data, their download software is hugely broken.  No way am I tying my computer up for 14 hours.

Comments

• NortonGBNortonGB Member UncommonPosts: 279

LOL you only do it once, it uses a system similar to torrents so it stops and starts while you work on other things.

You might prefer a small client or browser mmo but classic AAA mmorpg's like Aion have a ton of content to enjoy.

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486
    there is nothin broken. with the last big patches aion has become a big game with a big world. u wont find any game with so many different weapons and gears. 18gb is just normal. u should get used to that since all new games commin will be around that amount of gb.
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Sukiyaki

Blame the game for having too much content to offer and call it broken....

Thats why we cant have nice things nowadays.

I guess the instant gratification fad now has finally met even the installation process of MMORPGs...

ouch  lol...I fell out of my chair laughing...the floor at work is bare concrete...still worth the laugh though

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• MasterChaosXMasterChaosX Member Posts: 52
    I downloaded it overnight and when it was all said and done it came out to be 34.8 GB...
  • SephrosSephros Member UncommonPosts: 429
    1 download ties up your computer eh? Lol. Crap pc bro.

Error: No Keyboard Detected!
    Press F1 to continue......

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Yea, the game has just gotten that huge. Tottaly different then what it was at release.
  • EynollahEynollah Member Posts: 5
    The Siege fights were realy fun. But the gear-grind made me stop playing it. Still logging in for some Sieges :p
  • postpwnpostpwn Member UncommonPosts: 87
    You could use the time to read about the game!
  • doodler222doodler222 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

I have not played in a long while, thought I would try the f2p version and Whoa, 18gb download?  Forget that, no wonder the game is underpopulated.  They cannot have 18gb of new data, their download software is hugely broken.  No way am I tying my computer up for 14 hours.

Unpopulated? Are you on the NA or the EU?

My server is Kahrun and we most certainly are not under populated....

Try running the install at night and honestly it IS worth the wait

But I don't think I've ever see the download take more then 2-3 hours.  Maybe you hit a down time?