Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.4 Good News for SWTOR

2»

Comments

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Originally posted by XTREM1337

Yes, good stuff is coming (again) I'm playing SWTOR since day 1 and I really like it.

Troll me if you want, I REALLY dont care, SWTOR is a great game, and if you dont like it, who care, stay away from this forum and go play kunfu panda...

and BTW, if you look in every games forums on this site, every game (mmo) s u c k so...

Elvandar Valheru

SWG-PRE CU

Amen

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by dariuszp
    Originally posted by Ahnog
    The test server is proving 1.4 to be a great update. What's not to like? A new operation, a new warzone, Improved graphics, numerous quality of life updates, and bugs crushed.

And yet I'm bored to death with this game. Last time they gave me free week after I cancel my subscription I lasted only around 2 hours. After that I was done and I returned to playing EVE.

This game is nice until you hit 50. And then only thing you can really do is to play once oposite faction until lvl 50 and that's it.

Biofail and Tortanic. New old news...

Umm...what MMO doesn't get boring after you have a maxed toon on each side?  Most I can't get past maxing one toon.

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    The test server is proving 1.4 to be a great update. What's not to like? A new operation, a new warzone, Improved graphics, numerous quality of life updates, and bugs crushed.

They could add a million new operations and warzones and yet the game will be terrible because a player can only take so much of the same thing before they get bored.

True with every MMO.  I don't think one exists yet to counter this.

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by grimal

They could add a million new operations and warzones and yet the game will be terrible because a player can only take so much of the same thing before they get bored.

But only one is hated for that.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by grimal

But only one is hated for that.

Very true :)

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Wow, after 1.4 my FPS on fleet went from 30-40 to 75-90 on full high settings. Granted there is only like 150 people on fleet that early but never had that high before. New shadows are awesome. Getting 70-90 on planets.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

..And who is the audience that this update is proving anything to?

There is no copy-character function on the SWTOR Test Realm, so a player would need to level from 1 to 60 AND get geared just to test high level content?  Oh and they need a bunch of their friends to do the same so they can test a new raid.

It's really no wonder why all the new content gets put live in a severely buggy state.  Nobody is going to bother to jump through hoops just to test EA's crap.

You also need to be a subscriber to even create a new character on the Test Realm.  No brainer why the test realm is always "dead".

Mind providing a link to these "improved graphics" coming out?  1.2 was supposed to have better graphics .. so was 1.3 .. did they? nope .. same low framerates compared to other games .. framerates below 20 (on a machine that gives 60 on other new games) gives me a headache.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• KingGatorKingGator Member UncommonPosts: 428
    1.2 and 1.4...........I was going to come back as I am totally over wow, found gw2 boring, and this game is going f2p so i figured the pop was going to bust, but they've nerfed yet another of my toons, happens each patch it would seem. Just not interested in starting over or trying to play another class they broke wiht the nerf bat, especially give that marauders/sents are basically chuck norris if their cool downs are up, and they get noihing. Ahh well, i am in the familiar place of wating for another mmorpg to release that I want to play, sadly nothing of note is in the works any time soon, at least from my perspective.
  • RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
    Even with 1.4.. it is still a 2 train ride.. One on the republic side, one on the sith side.. Once you ride each of those trains, done, game over..  After Rift and TOR,  I was almost burned out on MMO's.. at least SUBSCRIPTION based ones.. It just isn't worth it..
  • DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Rydeson
    Even with 1.4.. it is still a 2 train ride.. One on the republic side, one on the sith side.. Once you ride each of those trains, done, game over.

That's one of the big things TOR has going for it IMO, leveling alts.

I mean, in WoW (using it as an example since that's how most MMO's work now) you take pretty much the same leveling process with each class with 1 or 2 zone choices for that level bracket. But your Paladin, your Rogue, your Warrior, they all go through the same stuff. 

In TOR you go through the same zones, yea, but at least you do different stories for every class and can skip a lot of the planet quests you've done on other characters of that faction. You can skip most if you level 1 character to max and use your Legacy to buy XP perks for your alts and make most of the content on your alts unique.

• OnomasOnomas Member UncommonPosts: 1,147
    Damage has been done, game is too limited in every fashion of a MMO. Was really hoping this game would be more than it was, i had such high hopes. SWTOR had some good quests and i liked the planets/graphics, but dont think any patch/update will undo what has been done already :(
  • DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203

When are they planning to add some thrills and excitement? Any date yet? 

How is it possible to make a game based on Star Wars that is just so... colourless and boring?  I hope to play it again at some point when they defibrilate the game to get a pulse going.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    content isn't the issue IMO, it's just going to be the same old it has been so no thank you. They would have to make a whole new swtor to get me back, they seem to be stubborn though.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

Intresting.

Just like Joystiq:  http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/25/hyperspace-beacon-six-reasons-to-return-for-swtor-update-1-4/

you seem to be under the impression that there is a new warzone in 1.4.

There isn't.

The new warzone Ancient Hypergates is not in the new patch.

Apparently you didn't play on the public test server.

Thanks for the hype though.

• PelaajaPelaaja Member Posts: 697
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

Intresting.

Just like Joystiq:  http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/09/25/hyperspace-beacon-six-reasons-to-return-for-swtor-update-1-4/

you seem to be under the impression that there is a new warzone in 1.4.

There isn't.

The new warzone Ancient Hypergates is not in the new patch.

Apparently you didn't play on the public test server.

Thanks for the hype though.

May I say:

I never got on the test server. My post was the result of interviews with those on the test server. As to the warzone I had assummed that it was coming with 1.4 and I had heard nothing negative about it.

There is no gotcha here, just bad assumptions. The post still stands. There is a lot to like about 1.4.

Ahnog

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

There is no gotcha here, just bad assumptions. The post still stands. There is a lot to like about 1.4.

Yea, it was a common misconception. But be careful, bad assumptions = fake hype to some on these boards without benefit of the doubt.

• VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159
    Have they added that moisture farmer class, yet?

When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

• nightsoftnightsoft Member Posts: 15

Bugs CRUSHED??

I hit the office pool when the GTN went offline. I had picked that one that last two patches. My next pick will be that they break chat.

That's right...we have a pool on what feature they will break next.

The level of bugs CREATED by every addition or patch is reaching rediculous levels. The game is getting worse, not better.

Originally posted by nightsoft

Bugs CRUSHED??

I hit the office pool when the GTN went offline. I had picked that one that last two patches. My next pick will be that they break chat.

The level of bugs CREATED by every addition or patch is reaching rediculous levels. The game is getting worse, not better.

Apparently you are new to MMOs and don't relized the complexity of the programing and the way it works together. Every WOW expansion has these and they are the giant in the industry.

Ahnog

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Originally posted by nightsoft

Bugs CRUSHED??

Well you're just being silly.
    What happens when every one wins the pool? Sort of defeats the purpose of having a pool in the first place.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=538004

Patch 1.4 has 3 chat bugs associated with it.

Yeah, yeah, every game has bugs. Settle down, I made a joke.