Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

f2p with pets

DonpoohbearDonpoohbear Member UncommonPosts: 85
i loved my hunter and lock in wow so now tat im in the market for a new mmo id love to have a companion by my side .

Comments

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984

Mabinogi.  You pay for the pets but they are cheap, permanent, fight by your side, have extra bags, cute and fun, and the player base for this f2p is huge.    Nexon has game cards for sale at Game Stop and child toy stores.  The game has a lot of crafts so I think of it as a crafting game but you can fight only if you want.  No other game has done as much with pet graphics/animations as this one.  Not even pay games come close.

2nd pic would be Runes of Magic.  You catch your own pet and don't have to pay for it.  It's not as animated as Mabinogi's pets but it isn't half bad and variety of what you can catch is large.  I found the gameplay somewhat stale but I'm more of a crafter type.  Leveling got annoying for me the higher up you go.  When I played there was some type of pay for your stats system, with in-game money, and you never had enough.  The rune system that gives the game it's name was to complex for my liking.

Both games have good character customization.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Silkroad You can buy the one wolf with in game gold but the others i think are all cash shop.They grow in i think if i remeber 2 phases young pup and adult.They fight alongside you.You can feed it if i remember and heal it's status effects with stuff yo ubuy with game currency.Really SRO is maybe the ONLY ever F2p game ,i have seen.You don't NEED to spend a single cent to  do everything in game.

ME i don't like F2p,it is a BS gimmick,you always have and always will get what you pay for.I am currently playing a Beastmaster in FFXi,it is a great class that can summon pets or charm creatures in the game and it is a class that can solo.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

Mabinogi.  You pay for the pets but they are cheap, permanent, fight by your side, have extra bags, cute and fun, and the player base for this f2p is huge.    Nexon has game cards for sale at Game Stop and child toy stores.  The game has a lot of crafts so I think of it as a crafting game but you can fight only if you want.  No other game has done as much with pet graphics/animations as this one.  Not even pay games come close.

My vote goes for Mabinogi, as well. Very cool pet system.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    I should prob also mention Forsaken World which has it's own pet catching instance dungeon.