Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's amazing people still have hope

strousestrouse Member Posts: 114

Don't you people understand that this project is over? It might as well be classified as officially dead based on everything you could gather up about it to this date.

It is just like WISH really. Everyone came here hyping it to the sky ignoring everything the testers posted and the general critics would say. It simply took them releasing a public test to completely kill the project. Unfortunately this is the exact path DnL is going to follow come NOV.

wake up.. it's later than you think.  DnL won´t ever be commercially published.

Comments

• rekoningrekoning Member Posts: 9

i dont see how you could possibly no this wish failed cause it had hardly any investors dnl has many people backing it. Can i ask are you in mmorpg industry i doubt it how could you possibly no any of this and where are the bad beta testimonals if there are some i'd really like to see them.I've seen plenty of crtics who belive in the game and think it will be something, who are you to say its gonna fail mabey your right but i doubt their gonna put so much effort in the game if they dont belive in it i mean they've been doing beta for quite some time y havent they realised now its a failure y havent they stopped theirr work now HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

arrrrrrr to long to wait

• strousestrouse Member Posts: 114

"and where are the bad beta testimonals if there are some i'd really like to see them"

They were posted here and removed for NDA violation. The comments basically said there is no content in the game and the developers don't bother talking to the testers.

"I doubt their gonna put so much effort in the game if they dont belive in it i mean they've been doing beta for quite some time y havent they realised now its a failure y havent they stopped theirr work now "

You don't work on something for years and take investors money and than cancel it even if you know the writing is on the wall and it's going to most likely fail. You try till the end like WISH did.. than you cancel or get more capitol to work with.

• LordAnubisLordAnubis Member Posts: 112
    I said it before and i say it again those NDA leaks were posted here out of context and have nothing to do with the state of beta.......... In the end mate it you dont know anything about what your saying STFU
  • Asmodeus_Asmodeus_ Member Posts: 223

its there plan to release it so why wouldnt they. they are far now.

• fulmanfufulmanfu Member Posts: 1,523

heh..yeah its going to be released.
    some people just have no clue what they are talking about and feel the need to prove it to everyone.

• ghoul31ghoul31 Member Posts: 1,955

They said they are definately releasing it next month. So why don't you wait until next month to bash it?

They are having an open stress test so pretty much everyone will get to try it before buying it.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

They will soon have a few thousand investors. Everyone who buys in November will be paying for beta. Oh and Anubis I read that beta leak again , I dl'ed it before it was deleted and cannot see how any of the comments could be out of context. I mean  basically the entire thread was could be condensed down to "this game sucks, the Devs don't ever communicate and there is nothing to do"  maybe you can expalin to us what context that was in ?

Oh and ghoul from what Blacsac was saying over on the main site, the "open stress test" is going to be with a client so disabled that all the "testers" will be able to do is move around. Even he character creation is disabled to the point where your name will be the only option.

I miss DAoC

Originally posted by Jackdog

They will soon have a few thousand investors. Everyone who buys in November will be paying for beta. Oh and Anubis I read that beta leak again , I dl'ed it before it was deleted and cannot see how any of the comments could be out of context. I mean  basically the entire thread was could be condensed down to "this game sucks, the Devs don't ever communicate and there is nothing to do"  maybe you can expalin to us what context that was in ?
    Oh and ghoul from what Blacsac was saying over on the main site, the "open stress test" is going to be with a client so disabled that all the "testers" will be able to do is move around. Even he character creation is disabled to the point where your name will be the only option.

Will from what i read of it :) i know most of it was about a stress test they were doing and not there actul beta
  • Mikey0114Mikey0114 Member Posts: 310

I heard DnL is a beautiful looking game....but I know that the PvP in the game and the large amount of land that it covers will ruin it partially. But what will really ruin it, is the fact that the community in DnL including many of the testers are horrible.

I got this information from a beta tester, who loved beta testing the game, but said the community is just horrible....a good reason to avoid it, for myself anyway. I don't expect much from this game. It is definitley over-hyped....well was definitley Over-hyped, when i followed it up...now I am not too sure if the community still guesses whats happening or is basing what they say on facts that the devs may have released. When I was following it, the devs released maybe something small eachmonths, but nothing really interesting.

Originally posted by LordAnubis

Will from what i read of it :) i know most of it was about a stress test they were doing and not there actul beta

Shakes head ..ummm. Anubis generally the stress test is the last phase of the beta. However a real stress test should involve all of the database servers also to make sure the database code is optimal. Ever been in a game where they have "loot lag" in other words when you go to open a corpse you click it and 5 or 10 seconds later the inventory pops up, or you go to open your inventory up and there is a delay. Rubber banding of mobs  also indicates database lag I believe.

What I am saying here is if they are going to be using a client as severely disabled as what people are saying , all it is going to stress is the login server and part of the world server. Unless there is combat and looting and people swapping stuff in and out of inventory and hunting mobs it is pretty much a "worthless" test. I am not a network guy but that is teh general gist of how it was explained to me by someone who knows that stuff.

So their "open stress" test makes about as much sense as the "rumor" that the beta testers are only getting to beta test part of the content though. Which I interpret as the part they actually have completed.

I miss DAoC

Shakes head ..ummm. Anubis generally the stress test is the last phase of the beta. However a real stress test should involve all of the database servers also to make sure the database code is optimal. Ever been in a game where they have "loot lag" in other words when you go to open a corpse you click it and 5 or 10 seconds later the inventory pops up, or you go to open your inventory up and there is a delay. Rubber banding of mobs  also indicates database lag I believe.

What I am saying here is if they are going to be using a client as severely disabled as what people are saying , all it is going to stress is the login server and part of the world server. Unless there is combat and looting and people swapping stuff in and out of inventory and hunting mobs it is pretty much a "worthless" test. I am not a network guy but that is teh general gist of how it was explained to me by someone who knows that stuff.

So their "open stress" test makes about as much sense as the "rumor" that the beta testers are only getting to beta test part of the content though. Which I interpret as the part they actually have completed.

i agree with you and thats what i think pissed aload of testers off reading that break thats why it is out of context as it wasnt beta but a pointless test ,,,,,,,, Will so i got reading that break i maybe wrong but i dont think so
  • rpg123rpg123 Member UncommonPosts: 71

One more month and we will all find out, so stop bickering like children and wait.

• Originally posted by Mikey0114

When I was following it, the devs released maybe something small eachmonths, but nothing really interesting.

actually, the developers don't release any information at all. Alchemic Dream does. They where hired to handle community relations.

Although the NDA remains and the official site isn't exactly high quality, you can still find good recourses for info. My favorite is Stratics.

Example- http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/dnl/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=4530&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Im sure sometime before the game launches the official site will have a good amount of information but in the meantime if you do a little searching..well, you can satisfy most of your questions.

• ZvorakZvorak Member Posts: 234

Originally posted by strouse

Don't you people understand that this project is over? It might as well be classified as officially dead based on everything you could gather up about it to this date.
    It is just like WISH really. Everyone came here hyping it to the sky ignoring everything the testers posted and the general critics would say. It simply took them releasing a public test to completely kill the project. Unfortunately this is the exact path DnL is going to follow come NOV.
    wake up.. it's later than you think.  DnL won´t ever be commercially published.

Your ignorance shines through...!

WISH had a massive following but when all the beta testers got in game they relized that it was Point & Click they soon rejected it.  P7C was soo embeded into it's code the couldnt revamp the game even after 1 year after closing beta.. and soon just shut the doors.

Dark & Light however is in full swing... albeit a bit unconvential in the way it deals with the public and their strange wording on their web-site... but if you actually dig deeper you can see how far along the game is.

Problem is that thweir own web-site is illogical and berift of ANY information this late in the game.  That worries even me... io guess the Frnch just do think really different and are in no hurry to display class discription and such...

Dark & Light will be a bigger hit than the now defunct EQ2... even if they keep turning away their fan base due to lack of coherent or logical press releases and updates. Almost everything you need to find is our there... but they make you dig countless web-sites and dev articles and movies to find it.... perhaps THATS your frustration.

I know thats what all my guild keeps telling me... so i have to DIG info and mail it to them, they are perturbed by the lack of character descriptions NPCube should know by now what a rogue does and what his abilities are... even if it a simple listing such as sneaking, Pick-pocketing and Backstabbing.

Originally posted by Zvorak

WISH had a massive following but when all the beta testers got in game they relized that it was Point & Click they soon rejected it.  P7C was soo embeded into it's code the couldnt revamp the game even after 1 year after closing beta.. and soon just shut the doors.

Dark & Light however is in full swing... albeit a bit unconvential in the way it deals with the public and their strange wording on their web-site... but if you actually dig deeper you can see how far along the game is.

Problem is that thweir own web-site is illogical and berift of ANY information this late in the game.  That worries even me... io guess the Frnch just do think really different and are in no hurry to display class discription and such...

Dark & Light will be a bigger hit than the now defunct EQ2... even if they keep turning away their fan base due to lack of coherent or logical press releases and updates. Almost everything you need to find is our there... but they make you dig countless web-sites and dev articles and movies to find it.... perhaps THATS your frustration.

I know thats what all my guild keeps telling me... so i have to DIG info and mail it to them, they are perturbed by the lack of character descriptions NPCube should know by now what a rogue does and what his abilities are... even if it a simple listing such as sneaking, Pick-pocketing and Backstabbing.

Your fanboyism shines through :)

First of all in regards to EQ2 being defunct, perhaps English is not your first language so here is the definition of defunct

defunct
         adj 1: no longer in force or use; inactive; "a defunct (or dead)
                law"; "a defunct organization" [syn: dead]
         2: having ceased to exist or live; "the will of a defunct
            aunt"; "a defunct Indian tribe"

Now you can take or leave Sir Bruce's numbers but according to his charts EQII had around 200, 000 + according to his last chart update in July. Quite a ways from defunct.

Also while on his site I went over to his E32005 impressions here is what he had to say about DnL

___________________________________________________________________________________

DnL is a MMOG that promises a lot, but when I saw it, I was not very impressed.  The game features a huge world with no loading zones and long view distances, and while the terrain was nicely done, it was largely empty in many spots, and when the game launches, all of it will be played out on the open landscape; no underground caves or dungeons.  Moreover, the game is going to be largely open PvP, with in-game content supplemented by a variety of live events.  Is this kind of game really going to have wide appeal?  I doubt it.  Expect DnL to duke it out with games like Irth and RYL.

a link to his site  http://www.mmogchart.com/

So where are all these facts you are digging up? Point me toward some screeenshots with all the classes, so far I have seen warrior and one maybe two with some kind of a mana slinger. Point me toward a screenshot showing any type of crafting, maybe you have some that show the towns literally teeming with NPC's ?

You can red the "they are planning, we are planning" crap all day and believe that it is actually ingame, myself I have serious doubts.  I have a distinct feeling that it will come in a distant third even against RYL and Irth Online

I miss DAoC

• ZvorakZvorak Member Posts: 234

Your fanboyism shines through :)

First of all in regards to EQ2 being defunct, perhaps English is not your first language so here is the definition of defunct

defunct
         adj 1: no longer in force or use; inactive; "a defunct (or dead)
                law"; "a defunct organization" [syn: dead]
         2: having ceased to exist or live; "the will of a defunct
            aunt"; "a defunct Indian tribe"

Now you can take or leave Sir Bruce's numbers but according to his charts EQII had around 200, 000 + according to his last chart update in July. Quite a ways from defunct.

Also while on his site I went over to his E32005 impressions here is what he had to say about DnL

___________________________________________________________________________________

DnL is a MMOG that promises a lot, but when I saw it, I was not very impressed.  The game features a huge world with no loading zones and long view distances, and while the terrain was nicely done, it was largely empty in many spots, and when the game launches, all of it will be played out on the open landscape; no underground caves or dungeons.  Moreover, the game is going to be largely open PvP, with in-game content supplemented by a variety of live events.  Is this kind of game really going to have wide appeal?  I doubt it.  Expect DnL to duke it out with games like Irth and RYL.

a link to his site  http://www.mmogchart.com/

So where are all these facts you are digging up? Point me toward some screeenshots with all the classes, so far I have seen warrior and one maybe two with some kind of a mana slinger. Point me toward a screenshot showing any type of crafting, maybe you have some that show the towns literally teeming with NPC's ?

You can red the "they are planning, we are planning" crap all day and believe that it is actually ingame, myself I have serious doubts.  I have a distinct feeling that it will come in a distant third even against RYL and Irth Online

Your kidding right..??

I bashed Dark & Light for their lack of web content and community support and you call me a fanboi..?  I guess your only reading what you want to see.

Yes, I know what defunct means.. EQ2 is DEAD. Theres been a mass exodus within the game, I myselves in Full Fabled gear and 40+ hours of week playing have canceled my account along with my 30 person guild... and many other Top ranked guilds.  EQ2 and Moorguard have lost sight and control of that game.

Secondly, you can NOT trust Sir Bruces numbers..  he nothing more than a Web Head that post readily availbale numbers in a graophical format. Back when Horizons folded every knew there wasn't more than 3,000 - 5,000 people playing late in that summer... yet he argued there was 22,000+ playing.  He had to eat his own words and do alot of back peddling when Artifact Entertianment filled for Bankruptcy just 7 month after release and thousands of people had a big "I Told you so" to that condicending prick.  I've been following Sir Bruce since the very week he started his web site. And yes Genrally he accurate... but "trusted"..? Nope.  He was paid off by AE to inflate Horisons numbers it been generally assumed.

I have my OWN opinions of Dark & Light.. I've been around MMORPG for a LONG time a veteran if you will.. and I beleive that Dark & Light will be a Mild hit... more than DAOC and on par with the now defunct, decaying and dead horse called EQ2...!!

Tell us Jackdog, why in your vast wisdom do you feel D&L will be a failure..? Can you recount a specific reason or mechanic within the game that will result in it's demise...??

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Yes, I know what defunct means.. EQ2 is DEAD. Theres been a mass exodus within the game, I myselves in Full Fabled gear and 40+ hours of week playing have canceled my account along with my 30 person guild... and many other Top ranked guilds. EQ2 and Moorguard have lost sight and control of that game.

lol

I hope Statistical Analysis isn't a day job for you, friend. If it is, you may want to reconsider your profession.

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Reading all of your posts were amusing but now I see you're just a troll. Nothing more. Everquest 2 is dead? lol....Ive heard a lot of statements on these forums in my day but this one was probably the most amusing to read. It's amusing because you're lying. I am in one of "those top ranked guilds" on Antonia Bayle server (which is one of the most populated at the moment....you know ....one of 7 servers that still shows "heavy" load just like during release on the weeknights)

Hell, you have to be lvl 50 to get in. We havent lost 5% of our guild members in the last 3 months. Expansion has actually increased our numbers from 63 to 90 since the expansion. You're just blabbering now....nothing more. No creadibility.

Reading your posts here were enlightening as well.

Are you John Titor?

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

"Dark & Light will be a bigger hit than the now defunct EQ2..."

abAHHAHAHAHAAhahHAHAHA image

""They will soon have a few thousand investors. Everyone who buys in November will be paying for beta.""

If you think thousands of people are going to pay for a unfinished beta your living in dream land. They would be LUCKY to get even a few hundred.

Mourning DID THIS EXACT SAME THING THAT DNL IS NOW GOING TO TRY.  It isn't going to work. No one pays to test.

RIP DnL image

• EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

There's a big difference between Mourning and DnL. I wont post it here but I think you know those differences.

Other than FFXI, please tell me of a mmorpg beta that operated a completed bugged free mmorpg? I never seen one and I beta more mmorpgs than I had teenage zits.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

• JadalJadal Member Posts: 134

Originally posted by En1Gma
    There's a big difference between Mourning and DnL. I wont post it here but I think you know those differences.Other than FFXI, please tell me of a mmorpg beta that operated a completed bugged free mmorpg? I never seen one and I beta more mmorpgs than I had teenage zits.

I agree with your premise that there has never been a MMO that wasnt bug free at launch. It seems when players look back on their experience within a game, it's with rose colored glasses.

Even FFXI was not bug free when it was released here in America. Granted it was a very good release. It had also been out for quite some time when they ported it over for us and it still had issues. The fact that even a polished retail game like that can still have issues shows the complexity of this genre.

I can trace my MMO lineage back to the very first one. At this point, I am well aware how beta/retail launches go. Personnally, I have prepared myself mentally for the problems ahead. NP3 would have to fail in every conceivable way for me to uninstall their game. If that happens, so be it. Next.

Until that day, myself and many others are hopefull.

Originally posted by Jadal

Even FFXI was not bug free when it was released here in America. Granted it was a very good release. It had also been out for quite some time when they ported it over for us and it still had issues. The fact that even a polished retail game like that can still have issues shows the complexity of this genre.

What about boredom> You prepared for that. Nothing to kill, classes not even close to finished even by SWG standards. think everyone will leave WoW to come ride a dodo around a empty world? Boredom is what will kill this game.

I miss DAoC

• PonziniPonzini Member UncommonPosts: 506

None of you guys have inside information to back all this up. Ive heard many good things from FRIENDS in beta and that the beta right now doesnt not have the final version of the game put into the system. They are trying to keep the beta simple and they dont want alot of information to be leaked. They have updated the graphics ALOT recently which takes ALOT of money for motion animation like that. Do you really think they would go through all that trouble if they had no content in the game? They got their base game down and its doing well. Content is much easier to add into the game once you got a stable, base game system down.

They have one server and they want hardcore fans at first so they wont release it commercially until they are ready. The game will be coming out soon so take a deep breathe and just wait.

• mugboy312mugboy312 Member Posts: 141

Originally posted by Ponzini
    None of you guys have inside information to back all this up. Ive heard many good things from FRIENDS in beta and that the beta right now doesnt not have the final version of the game put into the system. They are trying to keep the beta simple and they dont want alot of information to be leaked. They have updated the graphics ALOT recently which takes ALOT of money for motion animation like that. Do you really think they would go through all that trouble if they had no content in the game? They got their base game down and its doing well. Content is much easier to add into the game once you got a stable, base game system down.
    They have one server and they want hardcore fans at first so they wont release it commercially until they are ready. The game will be coming out soon so take a deep breathe and just wait.

shibby, hope you arent breaking NDA by giving out that very minor bit of info that has no real inside info ::::18::

• GarbageManGarbageMan Member Posts: 46

i agree with you and thats what i think pissed aload of testers off reading that break thats why it is out of context as it wasnt beta but a pointless test ,,,,,,,, Will so i got reading that break i maybe wrong but i dont think so

Anubis......I think you know what that really was how can you be wrong or not know for sure....Ill end it there,but Peolpe do read what Anubbis postsimage he knows alot more then what ya think

NAR NAR Sweetner

"There's a big difference between Mourning and DnL. I wont post it here but I think you know those differences."

There is no difference. They were both launched unfinished and put the spin on players building their own content to help finish unfinished games and had paid testing periods to help raise $.

"please tell me of a mmorpg beta that operated a completed bugged free mmorpg? I never seen one and I beta more mmorpgs than I had teenage zits."

DnL might not have problems with bugs (which is questionable) but it has problems with no content or no reason to even play it.  Who the fuck in their right mind is going to play DnL over DAOC or WoW or EQ2 or L2 or any of the newer mmo's launching soon like D&DO or MEO. 

It's one thing to be optimistic but another to be completely deluded. image

This discussion has been closed.