Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 Players, do You use Xfire ? (Poll)

DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170

Simple question, simple answer.

Rules: Question applies to GW2 players only. This poll isn't made to be a representative of the whole community, just a sample of the current MMORPG.com members - players. No trolling, flaming - keep it clean and civil - it's not that hard, is it ?

Comments

• krakra70krakra70 Member Posts: 122
    Originally posted by Damzilla

Rules: Question applies to GW2 players only. This poll isn't made to be a representative of the whole community, just a sample of the current MMORPG.com members - players. No trolling, flaming - keep it clean and civil - it's not that hard, is it ?

Keep in mind scientific polls are being made with as low as 500-1000 people to represent opinions of millions of people. Even if only 1% use xfire in statistics it is more than enough.

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172
    You could give me a £10k PC and I still wouldn't use this or any of that bloatware crap companies use to measure their penis size with.
  • Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Nope.  I know it asked me to install it when I bought Dawn of War: Soulstorm, but I didn't.
  • ConnmacartConnmacart Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by krakra70

Keep in mind scientific polls are being made with as low as 500-1000 people to represent opinions of millions of people. Even if only 1% use xfire in statistics it is more than enough.

Scientific polls makes use of a large pool of different groups. Xfire is a group on its own and as such unrepresentive of everything except it's own populace.

• YakkinYakkin Member Posts: 919
    Nope. Don't see no point to doing so. It's not like an addon from WoW, where it customizes the UI or anything; it's just there.
  • DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Of course, to reveal my answer : I voted no. Never really had contact with Xfire accept on this site. Seeing so many posts about it sparked my curiosity and I made this poll, especially since people tend to study these statistics quite a bit.
  • MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    I use Xfire last 2 years just want to know my gaming time:)

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

I tried it out for a week or so back around 2005 (was that when the SWG CU hit? It was whenever that happened). I couldn't see the point then, and I still don't.

If I want to know how long I play a game for, I use a clock. If the game companies want to know what I'm playing, then they should share their data (assuming they don't already).

• raven222raven222 Member Posts: 88
    Nope I don't
  • BijouBijou Member UncommonPosts: 145

Never used and never will.

• DibdabsDibdabs Member RarePosts: 3,203
    Originally posted by Bijou

Never used and never will.

Same here.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Never, and I won't touch such stuff with a ten foot pole.
    Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284
    Nope, never had any interest in it.
  • Requiem1066Requiem1066 Member Posts: 274
    Nope never and will never used anything like Xfire ... Can't see the need or point 

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672
    I find no reason t run xfire. It is a pointless program. with voice chat servers I keep in contact with my gaming friends anyway.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by krakra70

But those studies to have any validity require the sample to be representive of the general population.

For example if you want to know what is the opinion about sex equality and then of those 1000 people you ask 700 men and only 300 women, you can bet the results will be different from the general population.

So the problem of using Xfire is knowing is if the behaviour of the Xfire user is similar to the average GW2 player or is it different.

By definition, Xfire users are different since they use Xfire meaning they are a group instead of a sample.

We know that at least some MMORPG players tend to stick with a single game so they have no need for a program to track friends over multiple games.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• DamzillaDamzilla Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Well, the numbers are really interesting at the moment... I reckon we will have a lot more votes when the NA players wake up in a few hours. I encourage anyone who didn't vote to do so, every vote counts !
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    No

Joined - July 2004

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Nope. Didn't even know what it was until I read some dudes bringing that up on mmorpg.com to prove their baseless arguments (like some mmo was florishing or bombing).
  • AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Well, the numbers are really interesting at the moment... I reckon we will have a lot more votes when the NA players wake up in a few hours. I encourage anyone who didn't vote to do so, every vote counts !

considering xfire shows little under 9k people out of the over 2 mil who got this game it's not surprising most people here don'tuse it

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    I don't use Xfire, but have been thinking about using it recently
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    What's xfire?
  • MithrandolirMithrandolir Member UncommonPosts: 1,701

Nope. I use to use it, up to about the time lotro launched... or thereabouts. But not since.

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    MQ

REALITY CHECK

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156

I'm using it, because it tracks every hour of every game I play. Great tool to see in which game I spent the most time.

Guild Wars 2 - 5 hours.

The Secret World - 591 hours.

REALITY CHECK