Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie seeking Corp

lemuiexmlemuiexm Member Posts: 24

Im a casual gamer in the EST time zone looking for a Corporation that can accelerate my learning curve.  Im online anywhere from 4-30hrs a week depending on my work schedule usually from 8pm EST until I realize I've stayed up too late.

I am literally brand spanking new to the game, I havent finished the Tutorial (started last night).

Im an Amarr

in game name Valeria Wolf

Comments

• ZortianderZortiander Member UncommonPosts: 16

Heya Lemuiexm!

All right, we are a corp :) Ominous Corporation to be exact, ticker OMN. We are a very old corp, roughly existing since the start of the game, and we are accepting currently applicants. Most of us are based in the USA, some in the EU. In either case, when one of us is online, you will receive help.

Our corp is fairly small, having lost its entire fighting wing to various fighting factions. We can claim to have held Querious region once, though, together with BA. We are operating our own POS atm, just for funs sake, really. Most of us play occasionally, but passionately and do so since a long time.

If you join us you can do what you want, we do not impose corporation work etc. on any member. However, the rule is simple: help your corp and your corp helps you. Actually, we keep an unofficial toll of 10 % off minerals and 5 % off other income sources for the corp, as long as we can afford it. And most of us give the loot they don't need to the corp for future use.

Our headquarters are based in the Khanid Kingdom, in Khanid Prime (a 0.9 sec system) and Arzieh (0.3 sec, contested by pirate griefers). We mostly mine & manufacture or do missions. PvP is no longer an issue, since the corp neither has the funds nor the manpower atm to fund such an endeavour.

Should you wish to join us, then you can contact either Bex Beere, Zortiander or Grodan in the game and ask for membership; refer to where you came from and whom you met (Zortiander in that case), and we should have you asap.

• lemuiexmlemuiexm Member Posts: 24
    I sent you and Bex an EVE mail.  I finished tutorial and Im in the midst of running some missions.  Almost have enough to buy my Punisher!! anyway Id like to talk to you online before I jump all the way over to your system.

Well the EVE servers are down atm, so we'll just have to wait a bit. Easiest way is t add me to your adressbook, and so will do I. You'll see when I log on then and vice-versa. We can also see that we fix a time. I am in GMT+2 (EVE time is GMT) here, where are you? If you're in the USA the time windows might be a bit short, but it shouldn't be a problem.

If you want any more info on the org beforehand, let me know. Also, if you need any more help with EVE, you can send me an eve-mail and I'll try and help you (or post here).

I strongly recommend to read on the official forums a bit, too. In general, the sticky posts regroup important information, that should be read. Dev Blogs are a must, too, since they tell you, in which direction you should steer your char.

Finally, did you start on the learning skills yet or do you need any money? I can spare some, if you need it. For once, I am not broke ::::02::

Im training up Learning as fast as I can and running courier missions so I can buy a better ship.  Im in EST (East Coast of the United States) which I think is GMT -5? thats a big stetch of time...

I think I have enough money for what I am doing.  And Ive spent my last three days at work reading up on EVE.   I havent sifted through the Official Forums yet but Im getting there.

Maybe I will see you online tonight.  If not I will send you another Evemail. 

Im logging in around 4 or 5 EST (GMT -5) the first thing I plan on doing is flying out to Khnid Prime. I think its 12 jumps from Chaven 8 but I will get my application in tonight

Very nice indeed! Sorry about the long trip. I hope we'll be able to make life easy and juicy for you now. And most importantly raise the fun factor in the game. I should try and be on somewhere tonight, maybe I'll get to see you then.

Hey Zort - finally got to meet some of the Corp Employees

I may have 2 friends coming into Eve,  one will probably want manufacturing the other one combat.  If they decide to play I will have them fill out an application ASAP.

Hope to cya in game!!

Ah nice! I bet you met Grodan, our CEO, and Bex, our money maker and manufacturer, as well as freight service provider.

Nice, with your friends, just sent them our way :) We'll teach them and help them to get into the game. Here are my 2 cents for their char creation:

combat: take Minmatar, high Perception and Willpower. Imo, Minmatar ships ar the best for combat (fastet in any way)

manufcature: take Gallente, they have the biggest industrials. Very high intelligence and memory.

Just my opinion, it's debatable ::::40::

See you all around,
    Zortiander