Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Losing the spirit to play Diablo3

ramdyramdy Member UncommonPosts: 71

1. Where is the PVP?

2. Aunction House intermitently down :S

3. Developers asleep? Seems they need things to be broken a lot of hours before realizing it.

4. Legendary? Months ago Blizzard announced  would solve the legendary items issue where it has no logical sense blue items like a crosbow doing double damage than legendary bows (WindForce), etc. Where is the legendary part? :S

4. And the worse, Blizzard touched items already dropped by reducing Speed attack bonus. Some days before I precisely spent most of my money on a new weapon which went from a 23% to 11% speed attack bouns. After the change it became even worse than my previous weapon.

5. Still the reminds of the Error 37, It was a pain (specially in European servers) where you couldn't access game in random days (even weeks after the launch).

6. What is the sense to keep playing after lvl 60? Grind fest and repetitiveeeeeeeeeeee repeating of act1, then act2, then act3 and then back to act1/act2 cause of act3 is impossible and not progressive at all. I am starting to hate followers and repetitive jokes...

Have to say, in general, Diablo3 needs a boost. I would love to see the Diablo 2 level up system implemented (before expansion) where it took 1 year to see someone reaching lvl 99...

Comments

• ramdyramdy Member UncommonPosts: 71
    In the end, a big dissapointment.
  • gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757

*checks Steam: TL2, 20$*

I also was waiting for D3 so much... Then came the reviews and the forums and... mmmm, yeah, well maybe later. Lucky I took the decision of not buying any game on release and just wait some months and see the player's reactions.

Now I am tracking TL2. So far ppl seem to be happier with it than they are with D3, but well, the game has hardly been released.

With RMAH and no subscription, things like buying your stuff and then getting it nerfed was bound to happen.

About torchlight2, I found theres is a demo avaiable to download: http://www.torchlight2game.com/
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by gordiflu

*checks Steam: TL2, 20$*

I also was waiting for D3 so much... Then came the reviews and the forums and... mmmm, yeah, well maybe later. Lucky I took the decision of not buying any game on release and just wait some months and see the player's reactions.

Now I am tracking TL2. So far ppl seem to be happier with it than they are with D3, but well, the game has hardly been released.

With RMAH and no subscription, things like buying your stuff and then getting it nerfed was bound to happen.

Good solution, OP can always look back into D3 in a few months, they hopefully sorted out his issues by then.

But yes, Blizzard used to be better than this. That they mess up is no really a problem, but they used to be a lot faster fixing problems than this. The PvP part is rather sad, it should have been in from launch.

You have to live with the fact that the game is different from the first 2 games since Blizzard North made the first 2 games and they are not the same company but I still smell Activision in this. With this great initial sales one would think they priority the game and solve any issues in days.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Wow... surprised you stuck it out this long. D3 stumbled fairly hard a while ago, for all the same reason you listed in the OP.

That said, Torchlight 2 does a lot of things better that Diablo used to do. If you are okay with the art style (it is brighter / more cartoony), I'd argue that it is generally a much more fun game. The gear is generally more interesting, as are the skills. It's setup a lot more like a revamped D2 than D3 ever was.

Furthermore it has a lot of support from the mod community, so people will be putting out their own addons for the game as they did w/ TL1. This means anything from free new classes to play (with new custom skills), to new maps  / bosses / gear to collect.

If you like dungeon grinders TL2 is most definitely a much better made game than D3. Doesn't have the cinematics or the gothic atmosphere, but it has much better gameplay.

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

Torchlight 2 is a great game and an amazing value for $20. I got my money's worth after 2 days (totally subjective, of course). I don't regret purchasing this game. I love this game.

On the other hand, I don't feel that way about D3.  I feel *bad* when I think about my experience with D3, with the auction house, with the RMAH, with always being online, with losing my respect for Blizzard games. I don't want to get into why, because a lot has already been written about it, but D3 is the only video game I regret purchasing.  This includes other games I've purchased like WAR, and SWTOR.  I feel like I got my money's worth of fun out of the box price of those games. But with D3, I feel like I got frustration and disillusionment. 

Maybe that is worth more than $60 on another level. But D3 has affected how I feel about all Blizzard games now. 

Originally posted by 7star

[...] Maybe that is worth more than $60 on another level. But D3 has affected how I feel about all Blizzard games now. 

Now is on its way the Kungfu Panda teaser :D

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186

The RNG in this game is just too huge to manage.

First you have to get a legendary drop VERY RARE.

Then item needs to roll on proper stats VERY RARE.

and if it fails these it's GARBAGE.

I think I have around 300 hours played and yet to get a set item or a good legendary.

I've played TL2 for about 3 hours and have 5 uniques which all are useful.

Go figure.

And according to latest datamining they are introducing WoW-type PvP sets to Diablo 3.

So all the PvE items are just for PvE and the first tier of PvP o/