Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

last 2 months?

I want to play this game and am willing to pay the 9.99 

but if UW is a new game, is there a point to a new player joining now?

Comments

• DrokaFonDrokaFon Member Posts: 19
     Would say no only because UW is a remake of the game. The only thing that will be the same is the combat, most all the rest is being revamped...id suggest the trail if it's still around if you want to get a taste of it, but it'll be like a peice of pie compared to the whole pie that UW will be if you want to think of it like food.
  • MrLichTwitchMrLichTwitch Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by DrokaFon
     Would say no only because UW is a remake of the game. The only thing that will be the same is the combat, most all the rest is being revamped...id suggest the trail if it's still around if you want to get a taste of it, but it'll be like a peice of pie compared to the whole pie that UW will be if you want to think of it like food.

There aren't trial accounts anymore. I really don't think the combat will be the same either, except that it will be FPS mechanics. The new GUI is most likely going to have a major effect on the way combat is done. So if you sign up for Darkfall, you'll have to get used to the horrible UI and then go to DF:UW and play on the new GUI.

• DrokaFonDrokaFon Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by MrLichTwitch
    Originally posted by DrokaFon

There aren't trial accounts anymore. I really don't think the combat will be the same either, except that it will be FPS mechanics. The new GUI is most likely going to have a major effect on the way combat is done. So if you sign up for Darkfall, you'll have to get used to the horrible UI and then go to DF:UW and play on the new GUI.

Truth, althought the pvp will be very similar.....Take out Bunny hopping, Ray spells, and implement smoother Melee with a better GUI and you get the basics of Darkfall PvP with out hte OP Expliots/instant cast rays/and bumpy combat.....The reason people Love Darkfall is for the PvP aspect of it and the way the combat system works, so there is really no reason to revamp combat as there is to mearly polish it. 

I started DF at launch, played untill they merged servers, game was great, but i fell behind the in grind aspect of the game and was very weak....For instance if i had a great sword i could whirlwind with, my oppenent had a Polearm/Great sword/Axe to whirl wind me with and if i only have earth maxed, my opponent had 3 elemental schools maxed....Now i am not saying that because they ahd higher skills i couldn't ever win a 1v1, nor am i trying to take away my opponents skilllevel, because most were very pro,  but it made it much more difficult to compete.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

its not worth picking up Darkfall now, unless for some reason you want to be part of the end of the world hehe :)

Not sure but i dont think that many are still playing.. tho i guess it might give you an idea of the type of game to expect from UW..

• OboyyOboyy Member Posts: 15

My advice as a Darkfall fanboy is not to pick it up now.

Wait until unholy wars imo.