Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Give it a try

I've played Darkfall Online since its release so I know what we've have to deal with.

I would urge anyone considering playing this game to view it as a new game entirely. Do not associate Unholy Wars with the bugs and problems that were in the first Darkfall. There are such a huge number of things that are being changed.

As far as I can tell thus far:

- This game will be much more friendly to the casual player

- This game will not be a macro fest like the first

- AV is showing that they care what the community has to say

Games like Darkfall: Unholy Wars don't come around every day. Give it a try and see for yourself why Darkfall Players are so passionate about this game.

Comments

• GhostshadowsGhostshadows Member UncommonPosts: 70

I like to support indie devs due to the fact of more ideas and innovation.

So sick and tired of run of the mill cash grab theme park mmo's!!! Ugggh we need more indie devs to step up to the plate and know that there is indeed a demand for these types of sandbox pvp mmo;s.

People take the internet too serious...go out get some sun and cool off

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I will give it a try if there is a full 3rd person option available

• SirFubarSirFubar Member Posts: 397
    I'll give it a try if there's a free trial or depending on the buisness model. The game had huge potential IMO but there was so many things that bugged me in the 1st that I didn't wanted to buy the game and sub for a couple of months.
  • kuntakintaykuntakintay Member Posts: 44
    i will be playing for sure.. even though the first one had major flaws it was still better than any other mmo ive played.. once you really give df a try and play it for awhile you wont be able to go back to other mmo's, unless you like slower, easier stuff
  • NemajnebNemajneb Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

I will give it a try if there is a full 3rd person option available

Melee is 3rd person, archery/magic is 1rst.

• Rorschach1797Rorschach1797 Member Posts: 19

and if u r out of combat u can decide urself if first or third person

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    I agree this game will deserve people giving it a chence, regardless of DFO / AVs previous history .. i will play this myself
  • LazzaroLazzaro Member UncommonPosts: 548

I'm giving it a try, I just don't think it will come out Nov. 20th.

• NemajnebNemajneb Member Posts: 12

The biggest thing people need to go into this game understanding is that it is a sandbox and it does have hardcore pvp.  What kills me is when a game like this is launched and people that are new to it start running around posting, "So I'm tryng to level and I keep getting ganked this is stupid."  Or, "I log into the game grab an axe and from there I have no clue what the do, games broke with no direction." 

These things are what makes Darkfall great...it is a true sandbox with hardcore pvp.  So if people go in understanding that then people will be happy.  It's the themepark gamers and pvpers that want pvp restrictions that go into a game like this and are then dissappointed. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

OP sounds like a PR guy...

Anyway, I haven't seen anything that stands out for me enough to play it, but if there's a free trial, well.. I've been proven wrong before.

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by Lord_Griffon

I've played Darkfall Online since its release so I know what we've have to deal with.

I would urge anyone considering playing this game to view it as a new game entirely. Do not associate Unholy Wars with the bugs and problems that were in the first Darkfall. There are such a huge number of things that are being changed.

Games like Darkfall: Unholy Wars don't come around every day. Give it a try and see for yourself why Darkfall Players are so passionate about this game.

totally agree

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by Lord_Griffon

So whens the open beta?

Free trial accounts?

Because trying something =/= subscription