Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hype meter....

Comments

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Maybe you should read the part that says in red "but not limited too"
    I'm sure MMORPG.com would see a forum post sudjesting players band together to drive up the hype meter on the games main forum the same as.if the devs were doing it themselves.

• 13lake13lake Member UncommonPosts: 719

Lame you got nothing on GW2, look at the hit meter GW2 still has up to 7x more hits per any day,week,month,6-months or year than the 2nd game, and where is Darkfall 2.0 there ?

I dont care if Darkfall or 2.0 or GW2 are good games or bad games, im not even gonna touch that with a ten foot poll.

But what i can tell you is that Darkfall 2.0 will never in a million years get the ammount of publicity, hit rating and hype(relative to number of voters) that GW2 has had and continues to have.

In this thread there are only 4 pages in a time frame of what 1 day, for GW2 regardless of if it was a flame,troll,bait,fanboi or bash post there was 50 pages per day for each topic, thats how much more popular GW2 was and is compared to a niche game like Darkfall 2.0.

Again im just comparing publicity and speed ammount of fanboi and hater comments and publicity hyping, nothing else.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by WhisperXIII
    Originally posted by Jayaris
    Originally posted by Deathenger

FYI...

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=327467

Fans of the game always hype the game at 10's and 9's when it's first listed on the site. This isn't anything new.

Truth be told, I don't see how anyone who is excited for the game would rate it less than a nine - They don't have anything else to be hyped about.

Excuse us for being excited about our game >.<

Point me to a game that offers the same things and I'll gladly play it.

EVE online.

If you want real time combat, Mortal Online. 

However, I understand that you were just trying to imply that darkfall is the only game to offer the sort of gameplay darkfall offers. 

I also understand now were all these posters that weren't posting about DF a month ago came from.  It's the darkfall community trolling the forums. 

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    I'm sorry but it's perfectly legit for DF players to hype the game they like in MMORPG. After all, that's what the hype-meter is all about.
  • king0fmarsking0fmars Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by Uhwop

I also understand now were all these posters that never posted who weren't posting about DF a month ago came from.  It's the darkfall community trolling the forums. 

We are here to save your mmorpg community, you are fighting against the momentum of history.

Originally posted by king0fmars

I also understand now were all these posters that never posted who weren't posting about DF a month ago came from.  It's the darkfall community trolling the forums. 

We are here to save your mmorpg community, you are fighting against the momentum of history.

I think you may have accidentally worded the last part wrong.   I'm not fighting against the momentum of history, because the history is that AV made a game, game didn't do at all well, and AV decided to remake the game. 

Sounds to me like the only people fighting against the momentum of history are the people hyping a game they've yet to experience first hand.  Sounds awfully familliar. 

PS: looking at your join date and post count, I"m assuming you weren't here for round one.  The hype didn't benefit the game the first time around, and if history is any indication then it's very unlikely that it's going to go any better this time. 

I think you may have accidentally worded the last part wrong.   I'm not fighting against the momentum of history, because the history is that AV made a game, game didn't do at all well, and AV decided to remake the game. 

Sounds to me like the only people fighting against the momentum of history are the people hyping a game they've yet to experience first hand.  Sounds awfully familliar. 

PS: looking at your join date and post count, I"m assuming you weren't here for round one.  The hype didn't benefit the game the first time around, and if history is any indication then it's very unlikely that it's going to go any better this time. 

umm...game actually DID do well, that's why they decided to relaunch it. In case you've missed the video of AV staff expalining DF's launch, here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU25YJ9iLpw

You forgot the part about Aventurine making a ton of money and missed out on much much more because their initial investment was too small. The infastructure exist this time around and they have 4 years of beta testing to rely upon. The demand for this type of game is huge. It will be a bridge to join old school gamers with an entire generation of themeparkers who are dying for something new.

Originally posted by Galadourn

umm...game actually DID do well, that's why they decided to relaunch it. In case you've missed the video of AV staff expalining DF's launch, here's the link:

Are you serious? 

Grass is only blue if I paint it blue.  And showing you a picture of green grass that I say is blue really doesn't help me any. 

My god, he actually says, in not so many words, the game wasn't feasible to fix.  Never mind the subscription reduction, EU players going to the NA server to find more players to play with, actual fans who have been telling AV to do something to get more poeple in the game, or the fact that most of the people that tried it quit. 

Yes, it did just fine; that's why they decided to remake the entire game.  image

You forgot the part about Aventurine making a ton of money and missed out on much much more because their initial investment was too small. The infastructure exist this time around and they have 4 years of beta testing to rely upon. The demand for this type of game is huge. It will be a bridge to join old school gamers with an entire generation of themeparkers who are dying for something new.

Yes, AV did make a ton of money from their defense contract. 

Are you serious? 

Grass is only blue if I paint it blue.  And showing you a picture of green grass that I say is blue really doesn't help me any. 

My god, he actually says, in not so many words, the game wasn't feasible to fix.  Never mind the subscription reduction, EU players going to the NA server to find more players to play with, actual fans who have been telling AV to do something to get more poeple in the game, or the fact that most of the people that tried it quit. 

Yes, it did just fine; that's why they decided to remake the entire game.  image

I didn't link the video you think I did. Watch the video first and see how DF's launch was successful for AV.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Half the people posting in this thread didn't even read past the thread title on the DF forums.

I'll highlight the important bit for you lazy bastards:

"You can see posting this thread has not had a large impact on the hype of this game. The hype is nearly the same. The reason I address this is because of a separate thread created on the topic."

The thread on the DF forums was specifically made to address a thread on these forums, not to increase hype, which as clearly stated (with numerical evidence to back it up) has had little to no impact on the hype ratings.

Conspiracy theory invalidated. Insert another coin and try again.

Are you serious? 

I didn't link the video you think I did. Watch the video first and see how DF's launch was successful for AV.

Nice thing about making a documentary about yourself?  You can make yourself look as good or as bad as you choose. 

That's not evidence the game did well. 

AV was making money, and successful before they ever made a game.  Darkfall is not the reason they had success; anyone that knows anything about the kind of work and contracts AV has knows this. 

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by Kost

Half the people posting in this thread didn't even read past the thread title on the DF forums.

I'll highlight the important bit for you lazy bastards:

"You can see posting this thread has not had a large impact on the hype of this game. The hype is nearly the same. The reason I address this is because of a separate thread created on the topic."

The thread on the DF forums was specifically made to address a thread on these forums, not to increase hype, which as clearly stated (with numerical evidence to back it up) has had little to no impact on the hype ratings.

Conspiracy theory invalidated. Insert another coin and try again.

He edited it AFTER the fact. The post DID NOT SAY THAT originally.

Your revision of history tactics won't work on me. Just accept that Darkfall Unholy wars is as promised, face the facts. MMO gaming will never be the same.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by Deathenger
    Maybe you should read the part that says in red "but not limited too"
    I'm sure MMORPG.com would see a forum post sudjesting players band together to drive up the hype meter on the games main forum the same as.if the devs were doing it themselves.

Yeah, I read it. Here's the thing, you aren't sure. You think that it might include it.

Quit peddling bullshit...

Unlike you I've got common sense, and know that the Hype will balance out over the next two weeks.

Hi

Your revision of history tactics won't work on me. Just accept that Darkfall Unholy wars is as promised, face the facts. MMO gaming will never be the same.

I have a better idea.  Learn what history and fact mean.  

The future doesn't represent history and your statement isn't a fact. 

PS:  No amount of willful ignorance changes the FACT that AV made thier money before they ever made DF, and that they have, or at least had, a very substantial defense contract. 

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245

Any doubt in anyone's mind that this isnt an AV employee?

• KingKioKingKio Member Posts: 27
    MMO gaming will always be the same, Darkfall unholy wars wont change it.

Kio.

• wowcloneswowclones Member Posts: 127
    lol number 1 over night
  • zellmerzellmer Member UncommonPosts: 442

Pretty much, it's not a great system.

But then again when reviews give a few extra points to games that placed advertising on the site...

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    The fact that Darkfall is at the top is a HUGE indication of the shitty status of forthcoming MMOs.
    Darkfall is great, Tasos is the saviour of sandbox.

Competitive gaming depth combined with a seamless persistent world. Unprecedented. There will be nay sayers, the release of darkfall will usher in an era of butt hurt never before seen in the mmorpg community. We are ready though, we will not falter. Sooner or later everyone will want in on the action and few remaining dissenters will be crying to only themselves.
  • UzikUzik Member UncommonPosts: 281

So many mads.

Just because you are too much of a pussy to play in an FFA sandbox game doesn't mean that other people don't have the balls to play it.

DF > All

(Uzik ibnYaraq in game. Always willing to help.)
    http://www.youtube.com/user/UzikAlJhamin

• DrokaFonDrokaFon Member Posts: 19
    Played DF1, LOVED IT...aisde from the bugs/exploits it was a solid pvp game with great potential.....The way i look at it is that AV is doing the exact opposite of SoE (SWG).....Taking an amazing game with great potential ( DF1 / SWG) and instead of revamping the combat system and ruining an amazing game, AV is fixing it for the better and removing the things that made DF1 flawed in the first place.  Hopefully i won't be dissapointed, like i was with GW:2 and SWTOR.