Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why Darkfall Online will always be a failure

Comments

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by Uhwop
    Originally posted by elvrage
    Originally posted by winter
    Originally posted by GKnyght

You a few hours into the game drove off a "Formation of heavily armored PK's on mounts" with your newbie sword and ragged armor? I'm guessing in truth they just left after getting tired of killing you again and again. Nice story though.

Especially when the mounts could kill a few hours old player in just a few kicks, and it would take that new player several minutes to kill one of those mounts, never if the player on the mount was able to heal it. 

I'm calling shinanigans as well.  I get the impression that there are some peopel that think no one here ever actually played the game, or played it long enough to know how things worked. 

He teamed up with other players inside of the city. I did that all the time when I first started playing. I would yell PKs at so and so, and then five people would come running to help vanquish them. It's a pretty believable story.

I did too, and know for a fact that new players could not kill a heavily armoured PK on a mount.  The mount alone can kill a new player in just a few kicks.

In fact I did the same thing to new players.

After spending days HARVESTING BUSHES to get a few mounts.  Most absurd way of aquiring a mount I've ever seen in an MMO, ever. 

Mind you, I'm not saying that banding together to fight PK's wasn't fun, or that PvP "in general" wasn't fun.  Just that I know full well that they didn't drive off the PK's as a band of new players.  They either left out of boredom as they most often did, or what really happend was a bunch of seasoned players hellped a few new players drive them off.  No way did a group of newbies do it on their own though, the skill system, gear, and mounts just didn't allow it. 

You seem very sour and I don't blame you in part because the game did have major major flaws that ruined the experience for many at launch.

But credit has to be given where it is due...

There's no longer a need to macro or do an insane grind, hacking is now minimal, the class system aims to improve the game ten fold and so on... Mobs drop seedgrass, farms provide steedgrass.

I have no doubt that he did fight off Pk's, that early in the game Pk's were usually only a little more familar with the game than the people they're fighting. Heavy armour was banded lol and blue defenders used to live in the towns to help protect people. The way you target this persons in-game story as rediculous is... rediculous ofc he could've joined in to protect the town with other players.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

to players that never involved themselves in it. 

DF had many flaws. I'm not trying to deny that. What it didn't have was shitty gameplay.

I'll just address this part in particular because the rest is just personal stories which are irrelevant with the title of the thread.

Bollocks.

DarkFall did and still have shitty gameplay. They cutted corners on everything gameplay-wise. The combat is a battle of headless-bunnyhopping-magic-chickens. The crafting system is no different than a themepark MMORPG. The housing system is a static drop-driven mess. The Clan Cities are pre-made, pre-located with no possibility of customizations. And I could go on.

The only thing that DarkFall really had going for it that has kept it from going under is it's action FFA PvP in a fantasy setting. That's the only thing that has helped this game stay afloat because no other game has delivered a fantasy FFA PvP MMORPG experience that requires players to aim rather than tab-target. (Excluding Mortal Online, which failed for its own reasons). 

What's even worse though, is to claim that people who disagree with you have never "involved themselves". Even more bollocks. Your little story tells me you most likely started between April and October 2010 (newbie protection was added in April, then nerfed to only 1 hour effect in October) so you were not even there when DarkFall was at it's peak in population. You've not seen the mass exodus happen as a response to the constant need to AFK grind your characters against bloodwalls to stay competitive. You had Clan Cities filled with rows of Alt naked characters used solely for the purpose of training your weaponskills on them. And what current DarkFall players calls Large Scale battles nowadays, we called them small scale battles back then. Battles of 40-100 players was happening everyday. Clans were massive. Despite it's flaws, the battles were epic and kept the community going.

But the need to macro, to cheat and exploit, the lack of features, the emptiness of the game, the constant lies by AV and their inability to address most issues gradually killed the playerbase.  Players lacking involvement? Complete bullshit.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by killer128
    Originally posted by winter
    Originally posted by GKnyght
    My first few hours in Darkfall were brutal and bloody. When I started there was no such thing as the newbie protection halo. Ran outside the starting town to kill goblins and quickly died. I went back and it was a crazy scene dozens of new players were killing goblins and trying to get their loot, then turning on each other and going rogue trying to fend others off from the gravestones. I found and  grave with a sword still in it and equipped my first weapon. A few of us teamed up and were killing the goblins, finally getting a few pieces of ragged armor. I heard a player die and looked up. Over the hill rode a formation of heavily armored PK's on mounts charging down at us. Needless to say few escaped. We regrouped in the town and charged out eventually driving them off. I was hooked on Darkfall.

You a few hours into the game drove off a "Formation of heavily armored PK's on mounts" with your newbie sword and ragged armor? I'm guessing in truth they just left after getting tired of killing you again and again. Nice story though.

Especially when the mounts could kill a few hours old player in just a few kicks, and it would take that new player several minutes to kill one of those mounts, never if the player on the mount was able to heal it. 

I'm calling shinanigans as well.  I get the impression that there are some peopel that think no one here ever actually played the game, or played it long enough to know how things worked. 

He teamed up with other players inside of the city. I did that all the time when I first started playing. I would yell PKs at so and so, and then five people would come running to help vanquish them. It's a pretty believable story.

I did too, and know for a fact that new players could not kill a heavily armoured PK on a mount.  The mount alone can kill a new player in just a few kicks.

In fact I did the same thing to new players.

After spending days HARVESTING BUSHES to get a few mounts.  Most absurd way of aquiring a mount I've ever seen in an MMO, ever. 

Mind you, I'm not saying that banding together to fight PK's wasn't fun, or that PvP "in general" wasn't fun.  Just that I know full well that they didn't drive off the PK's as a band of new players.  They either left out of boredom as they most often did, or what really happend was a bunch of seasoned players hellped a few new players drive them off.  No way did a group of newbies do it on their own though, the skill system, gear, and mounts just didn't allow it. 

It's completely possible to run of a heavy armored PK with a group of noobies.  I know because my friends and I used to get griefed for days by the same PK.  We usually managed to group together and we would lead him into ambushes where we managed to kill him. So it is possible to kill a heavy armored player in noobie equipment.

That's not relevant to what the original guy said.

He didn't say that a group of new players ran off  A SINGLE PK.  He said "a formation of heavily armored PK's on mounts charging down at us."  And anyone that's played DF knows that that isn't possible.  Just a few players on mounts, with good gear will destroy new players who are grinding goblins.  The mounts themselves can kill a new player in just a couple of hits, while it can take a new player a couple of minutes to kill the mount. 

It doesn't take skill to hit the spacebar while someone is standing in front or behind the mount. 

Unless they all knew to crouch.  Because at the time he said this happened it was widely known you could exploit by crouching when fighting somene on a mount because it made you impossible to hit. 

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203
    Originally posted by Tardcore
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Yeah, I let my personal dislike of unrestricted full loot keep my from giving the first DF a try, this time around I'm going to discard that and give it go.

I think I may be joining you. Maybe this game will help purge the sickening saccharine taste from all these "Candyland MMOs" from my palate.

I think I'll give it another go as well.

And I'm saying "another", because I did try Darkfall back when, but only as part of a trial. Sadly the movement / combat didn't really feel smooth to me at all, and from the admittedly little I saw, the community left a bit to be desired. Granted, it's always like this in PVP-heavy MMOs.

On the other hand, the gameworld, the openness, and that sense of foreboding was really something you could hardly find anywhere else.

So, if I can find a laidback, mature guild, this time I'm going for it. :)

Closing note: I always hoped we'd see a ground-based game that had EVE's security-ranking system, rather than what Darkfall had. I think it just works and suits me better than full-out FFA PVP. Oh well, this is what we can have now, so I'll take it.

Originally posted by MadnessRealm
     You had Clan Cities filled with rows of Alt naked characters used solely for the purpose of training your weaponskills on them. And what current DarkFall players calls Large Scale battles nowadays, we called them small scale battles

This too. 

I fondly remember running for hours from clan holding to clan holding only to find them either empty or with a dozen or bots standing around hitting each other.  Run up, kill them, then they respaned and just stood there. 

Not to mention the clans holding multiple castles and exploiting the system so that their main castle couldn't be seiged. 

• evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75

I see so many people implying that in order to enjoy Darkfall one has to be a "Ganker". This could not be more of a lie. I played for at least 2 years cumulatively and never did I go to a starter town and gank new people. Most players I rolled with would not even consider that fun. Granted there will always be some who will engage in that sort of activity but it is hardly a barrier. It can be easily enough avoided or overcome by different means.

I think a lot of you just cannot accept that you might not be very good. I accepted that and still enjoyed my time. I did not feel like I always have to win to be happy in the game. I realized how easy it was to replace my gear and enjoyed playing with my clan. I was not horrible but was also not a stand out like some people I know. However I played the game my way and I think at some point I got to kill and loot or atleast compete against all those stand outs that are rightfully very skilled. I tried to always be improving with my character and with my group play skills. Also showed up for every clan seige and activity that I could. Never did getting ganked ruin my day. Then again I put my ego in check when I logged in each day.

This "Everybody Wins" political correct b.s. just doesn't exist in Darkfall.

Originally posted by evolpc

I see so many people implying that in order to enjoy Darkfall one has to be a "Ganker". This could not be more of a lie. I played for at least 2 years cumulatively and never did I go to a starter town and gank new people. Most players I rolled with would not even consider that fun. Granted there will always be some who will engage in that sort of activity but it is hardly a barrier. It can be easily enough avoided or overcome by different means.

I think a lot of you just cannot accept that you might not be very good. I accepted that and still enjoyed my time. I did not feel like I always have to win to be happy in the game. I realized how easy it was to replace my gear and enjoyed playing with my clan. I was not horrible but was also not a stand out like some people I know. However I played the game my way and I think at some point I got to kill and loot or atleast compete against all those stand outs that are rightfully very skilled. I tried to always be improving with my character and with my group play skills. Also showed up for every clan seige and activity that I could. Never did getting ganked ruin my day. Then again I put my ego in check when I logged in each day.

Who in the world implied that you had to gank newbies to enjoy DF? 

And ganking doesn't just mean killing new players.  You could play for 3 years straight, if you're out chopping on a tree and a group of players comes up and kills you, you just got ganked. 

• king0fmarsking0fmars Member Posts: 43

I fondly remember running for hours from clan holding to clan holding only to find them either empty or with a dozen or bots standing around hitting each other.  Run up, kill them, then they respaned and just stood there. 

Not to mention the clans holding multiple castles and exploiting the system so that their main castle couldn't be seiged. 

fix'd and fix'd

anything else?

And ganking doesn't just mean killing new players.  You could play for 3 years straight, if you're out chopping on a tree and a group of players comes up and kills you, you just got ganked. 

Taken from Urban Dictionary : Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high level player does the same action to a player way below his or her own level.

I think many people have their own definition of ganking though. A lot of people would say that if they are out farming mobs and someone sneaks up, kills them 1v1 and loots them that they got ganked. The examples go on and on.

Quote from earlier in this thread:

On the other hand it is good that there is a game for those that feel the need to Gank.

Also have seen a lot of it in other threads sporadically since the UW announcement. What to some people constitutes good, old PVP is defined by others as ganking. Tell me you have not noticed this??

Originally posted by king0fmars

fix'd and fix'd

anything else?

I'm not seeing what you fixed, and you could have corrected my spelling while you were at it.  I really wouldn't have had a problem with that.

Taken from Urban Dictionary : Ganking is the process in which a group of charecters gang up on one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves, Or when one high level player does the same action to a player way below his or her own level.

I think many people have their own definition of ganking though. A lot of people would say that if they are out farming mobs and someone sneaks up, kills them 1v1 and loots them that they got ganked. The examples go on and on.

On the other hand it is good that there is a game for those that feel the need to Gank.

Also have seen a lot of it in other threads sporadically since the UW announcement. What to some people constitutes good, old PVP is defined by others as ganking. Tell me you have not noticed this??

OMG...

Read the fist example of the definition you quoted, then read the last sentence of what I wrote. 

I haven't noticed because I stopped paying attention to that sort of comment a long time agao.  I know it's nonsense and that the only people who say it are people who simply don't like non structured pvp.  No reason to indulge that sort of trolling really. 

OMG...

Read the fist example of the definition you quoted, then read the last sentence of what I wrote. 

I haven't noticed because I stopped paying attention to that sort of comment a long time agao.  I know it's nonsense and that the only people who say it are people who simply don't like non structured pvp.  No reason to indulge that sort of trolling really. 

Yeah I get it, believe me your wisdom was not lost on me, and nothing I said was debating the validity of what you said but rather was discussing the ambiguity of the term "gank". This is a term that is used a lot when discussing Darkfall and as such I thought it a perfectly legitimate topic for conversation. Guess I thought we were having a discussion. Apparently you are having an argument. Why are you so mad?

OMG...

Yeah I get it, believe me your wisdom was not lost on me, and nothing I said was debating the validity of what you said but rather was discussing the ambiguity of the term "gank". This is a term that is used a lot when discussing Darkfall and as such I thought it a perfectly legitimate topic for conversation. Guess I thought we were having a discussion. Apparently you are having an argument. Why are you so mad?

People who won't play a game like DF will never refer to pvp as pvp, it's always ganking.  They do the same with EVE.  Hell, they do the same with WoW. 

I apologize, it's some of the responces I've gotten to things I've written that are getting a little rediculous.  To the point that it's just a bunch of ya huh! because there's apparently something horrible about the idea that AV recognized their first attempt wasn't very good and that the best solution was to simply redo the game and hope it's better the second time around. 

Instead it's, the games fine it's just you, as though the thousands upon thousands of people that tried it and quit are to blame and not AV making a game that was simply not very good, and had a lot of flaws. 

Really though, the whole ganking thing is just....I'm a goonwaffe member in EVE, according to most people I'm just a basement dwelling kneckbeard psociopath that just wants to scam and gank newbies and miners.  There's just no point in trying to explain to anyone that refers to games like DF as just people who want to gank because they'll never get it. 

• reacaerreacaer Member Posts: 18

Darkfall isnt a game for everyone. It never ment to be so..

If they wanted to make a game along the lines of the current MMO standard they would have made another shitty WoW clone that sells milions of copies and then after a month looses 99% of the playerbase.

Because its so different from other MMO new players that are comfortable with their favourite "show me a big arrow on the screen so i know where to go and what to do, please.. take my hand"-themepark games didnt play it long enough to find out the beauty and uniqueness of DF.

And Im not blaming them. To be honest at the release Darkfall was a gem heavily covered in dirt (until everyone was on par with eachother it was soo fun, but when ppl got a big gap from eachother with the grind that was needed back then many ppl felt like the couldnt compete anymore), only with later patches they fixed and balanced the game to the point that even Darkfall 1 as it is NOW would be a success if it was released now and a good numer of players gave it a try imho..

OMG...

People who won't play a game like DF will never refer to pvp as pvp, it's always ganking.  They do the same with EVE.  Hell, they do the same with WoW. 

I apologize, it's some of the responces I've gotten to things I've written that are getting a little rediculous.  To the point that it's just a bunch of ya huh! because there's apparently something horrible about the idea that AV recognized their first attempt wasn't very good and that the best solution was to simply redo the game and hope it's better the second time around. 

Instead it's, the games fine it's just you, as though the thousands upon thousands of people that tried it and quit are to blame and not AV making a game that was simply not very good, and had a lot of flaws. 

Really though, the whole ganking thing is just....I'm a goonwaffe member in EVE, according to most people I'm just a basement dwelling kneckbeard psociopath that just wants to scam and gank newbies and miners.  There's just no point in trying to explain to anyone that refers to games like DF as just people who want to gank because they'll never get it. 

I really do think there were a ton of problems with DF. I guess for me I accepted and tried to excuse some pretty big things that bugged me about the game such as no skillcap, macroing, load lag, bunnyhopping, etc. The only reason I tried to excuse them was because at the core was a game that was so different and I enjoyed so much. It was always a struggle with being annoyed by those problems. I also find myself doing the same thing in many AAA titles though. And in the end DF with all its issues still provided me with more of what I enjoyed than those AAA titles have.

I hope that people are not defending the original DF on the grounds that it did not have problems. This would certainly be a lie. I know personally I am very excited that I may be able to play the new version of Darkfall and not have to make so many excuses to myself for it. If it required them to make a whole new game to provide that then I am glad they went ahead and did it. As part of the ongoing original Darkfall community I wish their communication on the matter had been better. I hope they pull it off. Any win for a game such as this is a good thing in my opinion.

I really do think there were a ton of problems with DF. I guess for me I accepted and tried to excuse some pretty big things that bugged me about the game such as no skillcap, macroing, load lag, bunnyhopping, etc. The only reason I tried to excuse them was because at the core was a game that was so different and I enjoyed so much. It was always a struggle with being annoyed by those problems. I also find myself doing the same thing in many AAA titles though. And in the end DF with all its issues still provided me with more of what I enjoyed than those AAA titles have.

I hope that people are not defending the original DF on the grounds that it did not have problems. This would certainly be a lie. I know personally I am very excited that I may be able to play the new version of Darkfall and not have to make so many excuses to myself for it. If it required them to make a whole new game to provide that then I am glad they went ahead and did it. As part of the ongoing original Darkfall community I wish their communication on the matter had been better. I hope they pull it off. Any win for a game such as this is a good thing in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, I may have nothing but bad things to say about DF, but that in now way means I won't be trying UW when it releases. 

I'll even pay for it if they decide to be the greedy, unscrupulous company I expect them to be and charge people. 

I just really don't like the idea that just because some of us don't like DF that it means we don't like the kind of game DF is.  When the truth is there are a lot of us that want to play a game like darkfall, but we want a good version.  Just like I really want to play MO, but good lord, I want to actually work. 

So many people would rather thing be black and white.  Either you're a hater or you're a fanboy.  As if you can't be a fan of the concept but not like the execution itself. 

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

the op should of never even have bought the game.  How do people not realize what this game includes before buying it? FFA FULL LOOT PVP, means hey those big bads orks are gonna face stomp you and then take your goblin gear.

Darkfall has it's own community that enjoys what it has to offer and many are very excited, myself included, about the relaunch.  OP, instead of quitting like a girly man, you should have found a guild that hunts the players who lie in wait outside of newbie cities.

I was in one of those guilds.  We would patrol around cities of races that were either alligned with us or near our city/hamlets.  Those player killers would always run for the hills when someone wearing something other than goblin gear showed up.

They only camp newbies because they are failures at killing people in their own skill range.  It's called becoming part of the community, either for bad or good.

This game is incredibly niche, it isn't a WoW clone or anywhere near killer.  It isn't going to coddle you and rub your belly when something happens to your character in the game.

It's brutal and unforgiving, if you can't deal with that then there are 100000000 other mmo's on the market that will.  Like Free Realms, it's a very nice, safe, and ork rape free game.

For all those who know what Darkfall is, and want to try it or play it again. I'll see you in game, maybe even be standing over your corpse.

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

Originally posted by bingbongbros

the op should of never even have bought the game.  How do people not realize what this game includes before buying it? FFA FULL LOOT PVP, means hey those big bads orks are gonna face stomp you and then take your goblin gear.

Darkfall has it's own community that enjoys what it has to offer and many are very excited, myself included, about the relaunch.  OP, instead of quitting like a girly man, you should have found a guild that hunts the players who lie in wait outside of newbie cities.

I was in one of those guilds.  We would patrol around cities of races that were either alligned with us or near our city/hamlets.  Those player killers would always run for the hills when someone wearing something other than goblin gear showed up.

They only camp newbies because they are failures at killing people in their own skill range.  It's called becoming part of the community, either for bad or good.

This game is incredibly niche, it isn't a WoW clone or anywhere near killer.  It isn't going to coddle you and rub your belly when something happens to your character in the game.

It's brutal and unforgiving, if you can't deal with that then there are 100000000 other mmo's on the market that will.  Like Free Realms, it's a very nice, safe, and ork rape free game.

For all those who know what Darkfall is, and want to try it or play it again. I'll see you in game, maybe even be standing over your corpse.

It's amazing, even the fans of the game are trolling each other. 

Maybe you should reread the OP a little more carefully. 

OP didn't quit darkfall, he quit EVERY OTHER GAME.  

I thought the every other game part was pretty clear. 

• elvrageelvrage Member Posts: 43
    Don't get me wrong, I may have nothing but bad things to say about DF

Honestly, in every post you make, you just sound like a spoiled 15 year old kid whose parents won't buy him a brand new Mustang.

Then you post this, where you admit that all of your feedback is negative. So why the hell are you on these forums then? Are you this mad that they made a game that wasn't up to your so called standards? Or are you just attempting to troll the community by spouting out random negative things in every thread?

You're not contributing at all, you're just attacking everybody, and being butthurt about the game because it had flaws.

We all know the game had flaws, we don't need Captain Obvious to point that out in every thread. It makes you look childish and immature.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by solarine
    Originally posted by Tardcore
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Yeah, I let my personal dislike of unrestricted full loot keep my from giving the first DF a try, this time around I'm going to discard that and give it go.

I think I may be joining you. Maybe this game will help purge the sickening saccharine taste from all these "Candyland MMOs" from my palate.

I think I'll give it another go as well.

And I'm saying "another", because I did try Darkfall back when, but only as part of a trial. Sadly the movement / combat didn't really feel smooth to me at all, and from the admittedly little I saw, the community left a bit to be desired. Granted, it's always like this in PVP-heavy MMOs.

On the other hand, the gameworld, the openness, and that sense of foreboding was really something you could hardly find anywhere else.

So, if I can find a laidback, mature guild, this time I'm going for it. :)

Closing note: I always hoped we'd see a ground-based game that had EVE's security-ranking system, rather than what Darkfall had. I think it just works and suits me better than full-out FFA PVP. Oh well, this is what we can have now, so I'll take it.

Yeah, I'm with you, I'd prefer a system of risk control such as EVE's but like you said, this is what is available, so might as well make the best of it.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    full loot pvp is a huge turnoff to me.  Just not my thing.
  • SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317
    What I witnessed made me uninstall every other game on my computer.

Amen

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

Good thing theres only thousands of other games out there for those who cant adapt to a game where you could lose all your easily replacable items.

Full loot games isnt what i think most assume it is...basically losing your purple set of raid gear that took you 50 runs to get.

You losing gear that was going to break anyway though pve had you not been ganked...yeah you probably lost more loot that you wanted to since you were farming but now you know to bank every 40min rather than every 1hr..lesson learned.

Honestly i cant play or enjoy a mmorpg anymore if i dont have to watch my back...its just so boring minus the risk.  Dont get me started on pvp in themeparks either...so mainly "lol hardcore pro pvpers" who wouldnt touch pvp with a 10 foot pole if anything was actually at risk.

Only thing i do agree on was the fail DF 1.0 starter spawns which were camped at launch and drove many out the game...since many were basically not allowed to progress while they sufferd throught he DF GUI learning curve...which was comparable to an eve learning curve it was so shitty and non-sensical in function.

• SnakexSnakex Member UncommonPosts: 317

DF.1 Is being remade as DF;UW because of the fact that, DF was a great game, but it had to many exploits that were abused and cant be fixed, ontop of that, the fact that they allow everyone to be a master at everything causes a balance issue.

You can look at it like, DF 1 was a trial and error type of thing to perfect DF;UW

So DF was a testing subject while DF:UW should be the Final product

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Originally posted by D3lit3
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    full loot pvp is a huge turnoff to me.  Just not my thing.
    [mod edit]

Overreact much? Seriously, the guy doesn't like full loot PvP. Doesn't make him a pussy.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN