Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VAPORWARE ?

2»

Comments

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Flute

You're only saying that for old times sake, right?  [/sarcasm off]

Bing .... Bing ..... Bing ......  and we have a winner.  This is pretty much the exact sentence I was looking for.  Although some were on the right track "Flute" nailed it. 

It was in the mid 2000s I think when the famous "What is Darkfall" video came out.  From that point on I was sold and all forums Darkfall related were war.  Ahhhhh ....... the good ol' days.  The argument was so black and white.  Is it vaporware, or is it not? 

There are two companies that have my respect ... CCP and Aventurine.  Aventurine certainly has its problems , the communication thing being one of them.  However they released a game so far ahead of it's time it amazed me.  I had never played a game that evokes so much emotion as Darkfall did.  Easily some of the best times I ever had in a game.  So, I guess what I am saying is I am really stoked that this has been announced.  Looking forward to losing all my stuff .....

For "Flute"s infinite wisdom he has won the choice of one of the following ....

~ "Path of Exile"  beta key

~ "Torchlight 2" key (Must have "Steam" account)

~"Terraria" key (Must have "Steam" account)

Post or message me to recieve your bountiful winnings.

On a side note,

"Dog Years" ...... come on guys.  You are really beginning to worry me.

~Hairysun

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

Is it just me or does anyone else think the first Darkfall SHOULD have been Vaporware. I tried it, it sucked. And im a lover of hardcore pvp games.

I really hope DFUW pulls it off, but Aventurine has left a sour taste in so many mouths. Who knows.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084
    Originally posted by killer128
    bro, duke nukem forever came out right? Unholy wars isn't even on the same level of vaporware that duke nukem was on.

Yeah, and DF:UW doesn't even have a hint about how long it will take built into its title.

• mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105

Dude you know nothing....

Not any ingame footage, but as a follower of the game, i seen enough to know that DF UW is 80% new and updated....... 

Game will be beautiful, both in sounds, animations and graphics. 

So go fuck yourself. NAB

• mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105

I believe DF was for hardcore macro maniaks aswell....

I played it and it died for me, when i just couldent catch up with all the "time needed effort" you needed to put into the game. . . Like 3-4 hours of play each night. 

DF UW should fix issues as time needed to perfection, due to a better understanding and a more handheld game than before.... Casual gamers got a better chance. . . 

• king0fmarsking0fmars Member Posts: 43
    Originally posted by mikethk

I believe DF was for hardcore macro maniaks aswell....

I played it and it died for me, when i just couldent catch up with all the "time needed effort" you needed to put into the game. . . Like 3-4 hours of play each night. 

DF UW should fix issues as time needed to perfection, due to a better understanding and a more handheld game than before.... Casual gamers got a better chance. . . 

Darkfall was never meant to be for everyone, if you think there is a huge design flaw and it isn't a just a lack of execution it just may not be the game for you. WoW isn't going anywhere.