Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

D:UW, people are obviously still starving for real PvP

D:UW is a hype machine Oo. Hopefully Darkfall will deliver, and more devs will see the gap in supply and fill our demand.

Comments

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

I played DF for a while. Was impressed with some things but disappointed with others. Got a little tiring to hear all of the "coming things" but never see many of them in the end. Open world PvP was ok but the lack of  semi-"safe" towns as was once promised was somewhat disappointing. Crafting was pretty good although getting materials was always problematic unless you had lots of guildmates around. In the end for me, it was just a boring game that did not live up to the dev hype.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

There's a saying in Darkfall...

Once you've tried Darkfall PvP you just can't go back.

No other game gives you a PvP experience on par with Darkfalls, it's simply amazing. For some the combat was too arcade/fast paced but AV has even addressed their concerns with the addition of 'wobble', 'momentum' and the removal of instant cast rays.

Random PUG battlegrounds or even organised ones are pathetic in themepark games when you feel the adrenaline rush you get in DF knowing if you fuck up even a few hits you will lose your gearbag or your city :)

• ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Member Posts: 177
    I never seen what was so interesting about PvP, sure it is fun the first couple of time but in the end it is usually just about who is maxed out on gear and skills and who isn't, I never bought  or subed to a game just because of the PvP, then again maybe that is just me, I don't like fish eggs but there are alot of people who pay more than I make in a week for a serving of Caviar.
  • UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791
    Originally posted by Greymoor

You are spot on, once you've tried darkfalls PvP you can't go back.  Just like the magority of people that purchased the game. 

We quit, and didn't back. 

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by ScribbleLay1
    I never seen what was so interesting about PvP, sure it is fun the first couple of time but in the end it is usually just about who is maxed out on gear and skills and who isn't, I never bought  or subed to a game just because of the PvP, then again maybe that is just me, I don't like fish eggs but there are alot of people who pay more than I make in a week for a serving of Caviar.

Well that's the difference in Darkfall...

A better character or better gear doesn't mean you win. A better character will always lose to a better player aslong as his character isn't rediculously new. Gear adds a good set of bonuses for you but again, I beat geared people in my robe. Very skilled players will take down maxed geared people in minimal gear and so on...

It's mostly about your skill as a player :)

• killer128killer128 Member Posts: 21

I've always felt the same way about PvP that you have.  But, When I started playing darkfall a couple of years ago there was something different about the PvP.  My friends and I would get camped by a group of people in a starter town and eventually we had had enough.  We managed to  group together and gear up in a nearby location and we challenged the people who had been killing us over and over.   We had continuous fights all throughout the day, winning some and losing some and either way we were all having fun.  What I'm getting at here is that in Darkfall, there is reason for PvP, you have create enemies in your local area and fight out your differences.  The adrenaline that comes with the fights too is insane, when you can barely aim because your hands are shaking, there's nothing like it. And  I can still remember the names of the people I used to fight against and fight with from over two years ago,  that's how memorable those experiences were.  It was honestly some of the best times that I ever had in an MMO and with unholy wars coming out I couldn't be more excited

Darkfall Unholy Wars

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344

Here is a PvP video clip of myself playing DF1.  It's only about 3 minutes long, I encourage you to take some time to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDXwOLxBL5w

In this clip I am wearing far inferior gear, my character isn't as good, and I'm fighting 1 vs. 3.  I don't win the fight but I come very very close.  DF is the only game on the market where something like this can happen and once you experience it, no other MMO will match it.

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

No other game gives you a PvP experience on par with Darkfalls, it's simply amazing. For some the combat was too arcade/fast paced but AV has even addressed their concerns with the addition of 'wobble', 'momentum' and the removal of instant cast rays.

Random PUG battlegrounds or even organised ones are pathetic in themepark games when you feel the adrenaline rush you get in DF knowing if you fuck up even a few hits you will lose your gearbag or your city :)

So true, only pvp game I'v ever played where my heart goes BUMP and my hands can shake.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

It isn't just the PvP that's attractive in DFUW but also the seamless open world (not a single instance afaik) and the general sandbox nature of the game which can potentially keep players interested for many years.

Here's hoping Adventurine manages to deliver.

/crosses fingers

• DuferDufer Member Posts: 33

This this this. I can't even play another game for more than a week without missing darkfall.

• evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75

Agreed, after Darkfall all other games' PVP feels inconsequential. Have to have that risk/ reward feeling and a sense of real potential loss.

• mdkmanmdkman Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Is this game new or remake of DF?
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Yep exactly OP. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • VladamyreVladamyre Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Well I tried the first one for about 20 minutes before I uninstalled it. Game was very very outdated and lackluster. No way I'll try part 2 to this.

In a world of sharp knives, you would be a spoon.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

All I can say is wrong...you didn't play enough my friend.  This game is more about skill than any other game out there. While it is hard...you could love in and day one kill a vet with a sword and sticky back him. 

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Agreed. I enjoyed DF's PvP more than any other MMO I've tried/subbed to. I would get shaky hands and adrenaline rushes like no other MMO. I remember after a couple longer fights actually being sweaty.

And the thrill of winning a fight and finding something awesome in your opponent's bags was also unparalleled in MMOs for me. Hell, even stumbling across a gravestone out in the middle of nowhere and finding something awesome was a thrill.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Member UncommonPosts: 519

Yeah Darkfall is so amazing they had to make a sequel instead of an expansion because it was too daunting to fix all the games issues. Good sign.

All these DF lovers come out from under rocks when their game is overhyped yet have been silent for years because the game mine as well of flopped. Macro'ing skills to max is awesome guys! GW2 Hype all over again except this time it's painfully obvious....

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

so true :)

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417
    Originally posted by JimmyYO

Yeah Darkfall is so amazing they had to make a sequel instead of an expansion because it was too daunting to fix all the games issues. Good sign.

It's not a bad sign either. The only thing it's a sign of for me is AV wanting to make the game right, even if it means starting over.

All these DF lovers come out from under rocks when their game is overhyped yet have been silent for years because the game mine as well of flopped. Macro'ing skills to max is awesome guys! GW2 Hype all over again except this time it's painfully obvious....

So much vitriol for people who like a game you don't. What's the point of posting other than trying to get a rise? And I'm glad people admit GW2 was overhyped now.

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN

• RealbigdealRealbigdeal Member UncommonPosts: 1,666

Once you go DF, you never go back..

I always thought i was the one who started this, but it seems like most DF players have the same mentality. Any mmorpg and fps games that has no form of risk to it, i just cant play them for more than a week cuz they dont give me the same andrenalin rush that DF gives me. If it wasnt for DF, i probably woulnt be playing games by now. I only play fps like americas army and counter strike, strategy games or games that requires team work like dota 2.

Since the announcement, i left DF since its useless to bump up your bank only to lose it all after 2 months. Only ppl left are players who got a bank inflation, the super vets.

It felt good to be a maxed out character in DF. I could beat most players and some legends, but i still couldnt stand most brocken mechanism like bunny hops and the fact that the bunny hop script do exist and its being used by more players than before i use to cry about it. I mostly hated the portal system that favors huge clans. When you raid a city that has 2 players, you end up fighting 10 players.

DF UW will fix all that and i will play DF again that day. No more super hybrids too, the worst thing in DF.

C:\Users\FF\Desktop\spin move.gif

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    So does DF truly have full loot pvp?  And if so, how do you regear yourself in it? 
  • WhisperXIIIWhisperXIII Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Uhwop

You are spot on, once you've tried darkfalls PvP you can't go back.  Just like the magority of people that purchased the game. 

We quit, and didn't back. 

I've noticed a trend, having worked a lot over time with newer players, teaching them to play the game. Don't take this the wrong way, but I would amend the initial statement to "Once you've tried Darkfall PvP and won, you just can't go back.".

It is true, there is no feeling in the world like the rush of victory in Darkfall, when your enemy lies dead and you are picking through their gear looking for shinies. On the other hand, lying incapped on the ground waiting for your enemy to gank you is probably one of the worst feelings you can have in gaming.

So, Darkfall is a game of extremees. All that said, it comes down to the fact that  many, many people who play Darkfall never got the chance to learn how to PvP from someone who actually had some skill in it, and as such, many people tried the game, lost repeatedly, and quit out of boredom and a sense of defeat.

I say all this with the deepest sincerity, because I love Darkfall and I want to see it retain players. Hence why I've gone so far out of my way to partner with many different newbie clans to help demonstrate to their players that they can indeed win if they put the time and effort in to learn how to PvP correctly.

Elyse Leveque - Zealot
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    So does DF truly have full loot pvp?  And if so, how do you regear yourself in it? 

Darkfall is entirely full loot. You have a backpack that stores all of your gear that you have on you, and when you die everything in that backpack and equipped in your paperdoll go into a grave that becomes lootable by anyone around it.

There is a famous saying in Darkfall that we stole from UO, "Only take out what you can afford to lose." Initially many players feel that playing in a full loot game is overwhelming because they get attached to individual armor sets or pieces of gear, but once you have been in the game for a few days it quickly becomes apparent that accumulating huge numbers of extra armors and weapons is not a difficult thing to do. 

There is also a bank system, currently using a global bank model. This means that you can store tons of extra gear, money, mounts, valuables, reagents, etc. in your bank and access it from any bank accross the world. 

This has been limited slightly over the years. You used to be able to bank in enemy holdings, but now a system is in place that lets the owners of player cities decide exactly who can access their bank, bringing Darkfall one step closer to local banking. Having played the game for so long, I personally am against total local banking, as I simply don't see how that would help the game. "Now, where did I leave that infernal armor set...?" It would never work for me XD. Still, some limitations, if supported with other new features, have worked well in the past and will likely continue to work well in the future.

Elyse Leveque - Zealot
    Originally posted by Vladamyre
    Well I tried the first one for about 20 minutes before I uninstalled it. Game was very very outdated and lackluster. No way I'll try part 2 to this.

Something tells me you would have also quit after 20 minutes of UO, SWG, MO, or any other sandbox/open world/PvP MMO. No offense, but I literally have no idea how you could even hope to see what the game is actually about in 20 minutes, let alone even get into any actual PvP.

Unless, of course, you were expecting a "kill ten rats quest" and didn't like our goblin starter mobs XD.

Elyse Leveque - Zealot
    Originally posted by indef

Here is a PvP video clip of myself playing DF1.  It's only about 3 minutes long, I encourage you to take some time to watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDXwOLxBL5w

In this clip I am wearing far inferior gear, my character isn't as good, and I'm fighting 1 vs. 3.  I don't win the fight but I come very very close.  DF is the only game on the market where something like this can happen and once you experience it, no other MMO will match it.

I have to agree with Indefinite, he makes a very important point about Darkfall. If I had a hundred gold for every time I've beaten someone in PvP with better character skill but inferior player skill, I'd be a millionairess.

Oh wait...

Elyse Leveque - Zealot