Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VAPORWARE ?

HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Everyone should know this "Darkfall: Unholy Wars" could be complete and total bunk. 

Have you seen a gameplay video that couldn't be done in 3DSMax and an afternoon?  Don't you think a company would release something besides an amature video and some fan site kits.  Come on, this is a major game announcement.  Give the potential customers something ...... anything.

It is my understanding that Darkfall: Unholy Wars could have been in development for 10+ years now.  In dog years thats 70 years ....... 70 years.  Who would take that long to develop an MMO?  If you don't know where I am coming from you are either too young or were just not paying attention.  Don't be fooled by Aventurines shady manipulations.

I'm not sure how long they can keep up this ruse, but, I for one am calling "VAPORWARE"

~Hairysun

Comments

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388
    dog years..... ok go back to WoW dude
  • KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Yeah, just like everyone screamed vaporware before Darkfall 1.0s launch too. At least these forums will be fun again debating with idiots like you, so bring on the vaporware barrage, I can't wait!
  • Kaelano1Kaelano1 Member Posts: 375
     Having only just announced the product and having no prior record of "vaporware hype", your accusation is baseless and your humor makes you seem stoned.
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    What, in any way, does dog years have to do with this game?

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• killer128killer128 Member Posts: 21
    bro, duke nukem forever came out right? Unholy wars isn't even on the same level of vaporware that duke nukem was on.

Darkfall Unholy Wars

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Hairysun

Everyone should know this "Darkfall: Unholy Wars" could be complete and total bunk. 

Have you seen a gameplay video that couldn't be done in 3DSMax and an afternoon?  Don't you think a company would release something besides an amature video and some fan site kits.  Come on, this is a major game announcement.  Give the potential customers something ...... anything.

It is my understanding that Darkfall: Unholy Wars could have been in development for 10+ years now.  In dog years thats 70 years ....... 70 years.  Who would take that long to develop an MMO?  If you don't know where I am coming from you are either too young or were just not paying attention.  Don't be fooled by Aventurines shady manipulations.

I'm not sure how long they can keep up this ruse, but, I for one am calling "VAPORWARE"

~Hairysun

10 years huh?  lol...since 2010 bud...but nice try.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• ZeuZZeuZ Member Posts: 5
    Reminds me of when everyone though DF1 was vaporware (me included) until it actually came out. Turned out to be one of the best pvp games around. In fact, come to think of it, DFUW will be the only pvp game that incorporates the full loot system. If you're a carebear, stick to WoW and all the other WoW 2.0 clones, if you love the freedom to do whatever you want, come to Darkfall UW's, it's that simple.
  • AzernoAzerno Member UncommonPosts: 23

As is discussed in the announcement video seen here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T8FuVGXEMw&list=UUeXzGHiwbo1U_7CLdHrAjKw&index=1&feature=plcp

They've been developing Darkfall: Unholy Wars for roughly 2 years now. All their development before that point was centered around creating updates for Darkfall Online. I don't know about you, but to me not only is that not vaporware it is an extremely short time table and very impressive.

• elvrageelvrage Member Posts: 43

~Hairysun

This is probably a troll, but I guess I'm going to bite.

Aventurine has always been an interesting company with their ETAs, their patchy communication with the playerbase, and their bandaid fixes. However, there has always been one thing that kept me believing in Darkfall. That is how great the game was. Even riddled with bugs and exploits it is by far the best game I have ever played to date. I've played a lot of games too.

If Aventurine can create a game as awesome as 1.0, then I have no doubt that 2.0 exists. They have been developing the game for 2 years. Now for most games, they would just be entering the alpha stages, but I'm sure Aventurine reused as much code as possible when creating the game along with learning from their mistakes in the past. Am I saying that I know for sure that 2.0 will release on November 20? No, but I do know that it exists. They have nothing to gain from lying to us at this point.

• RaapnaapRaapnaap Member UncommonPosts: 455

In dog years thats 70 years ....... 70 years.  Who would take that long to develop an MMO? 

... What?

Not sure if you're trying to say you're a dog and waited 70 years, or just...

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    Originally posted by Kasmos
    Yeah, just like everyone screamed vaporware before Darkfall 1.0s launch too. At least these forums will be fun again debating with idiots like you, so bring on the vaporware barrage, I can't wait!

How long did you wait on that launch?  I'm sure they'll release this one(just like the last one), but I doubt it's in the timeframe they have supposedly given.  I'll be surprised if it actually hits before July of next year, and if it does I expect it to be an utter disaster.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

~Hairysun

same can be said for Warz,

but i think with a very close release date and no real sense in telling people your making a new game only to not make it. Since this is not an expansion and will not increase cash income for AV until it releases since it has no connection to the original darkfall., It makes no sense for it to be vaporware.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• MarioLemieuxMarioLemieux Member UncommonPosts: 22

People were calling it vaporware before DF 1.0 launch.

The game has been online since 3.5 years, and while it wasn't perfect, alot of people will tell you that they have had their best gaming moments playing it.

Aventurine is not a large and experienced company. The big companies out there don't have the balls to create FFA full loot games. AV did an awesome job with the resources they had, and while they did alot of mistake, they always deliver for every major updates they have announced.

DFO:UW will be epic. They have 3.5 more years of experience under the belt. They know the mistake they did at DF 1.0 launch, and I'm sure it will be alot smoother.

IT IS NOT VAPORWARE. The game will be launched... maybe it will not be exactly on November 20, but I don't expect it to launch very far from that date. And the game will be alot more polished than what it was in 2009. I say that to old beta and early EU players that may have stopped playing before NA1 launch, since DF 1.0 atm is a way better shape than it was back then. The most impressive thing about it atm, is that AV have listen to the playerbase, and they seem to have fixed some bugs and OP mechanics so we don't have to deal with it in UW.

Buy it and try it. You may end up playing only 2-3 months. But there's a chance you end up playing for years. Darkfall brings some feelings that you won't get in any other MMO atm. The same feeling I had when I played UO back in the days.

• thinktank001thinktank001 Member UncommonPosts: 2,144

Funny part about this topic is darkfall was vaporware until just before launch. 

I really wouldn't consider DF:UW, since the first one was already released.   We just have to take the release date announcements as a " paper launch ", and remember that it will be released sometime in the future.

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    Game has been in development for 2 years.  I'd imagine they are holding back on info ATM to build some excitement.
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by raapnaap

In dog years thats 70 years ....... 70 years.  Who would take that long to develop an MMO? 

... What?

Not sure if you're trying to say you're a dog and waited 70 years, or just...

LOL

God knows why he brought up dog years. Glad he did though, made me chuckle.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    *grabs bag of popcorn*
  • GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

The game might suck and Adventurine might not deliver half the things they're announcing but hell they're an indie company going completely against the mainstream current so I'll be more forgiving with them than with other huge budget AAA studios.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    I doubted they would release 1.0, I won't made that same mistake again. Might not come out this year, but I am reasonably sure it will happen.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• WhisperXIIIWhisperXIII Member Posts: 33

~Hairysun

Please don't troll. I've been playing Darkfall for three and a half years straight. it is anything but Vaporware. 

Elyse Leveque - Zealot
  • PhaedreadPhaedread Member Posts: 27
    Of course this would pop up after the first one was called that for years, good luck with that.
  • NegocromnNegocromn Member Posts: 1

"in dog years"

• indefindef Member UncommonPosts: 344
    could mods please lock this thread
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Vaporware? The first darkfall got released, and Unholy Wars looks incredibly similar to the original. How could you come to the conclusion of vapor ware that fast. They announced it like a week ago.
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455

~Hairysun

You're only saying that for old times sake, right?  [/sarcasm off]

Seriously, if you know what you are looking at, watch Tasos' video and you can see massive changes from DF 1.0 to DF:UW.  This isn't vaporware, nor is it a Dark'n'Light.   It's a 2 year+ overhaul of a game with great concepts, to put better coding around those concepts so it delivers on the promise rather than lingering on as being "nearly a great game".  To give Darkfall 1.0 credit, that game has survived through the global financial downturn - it's not a total dog, even if it has a few fleas.  Darkfall: Unholy Wars is certainly not vaporware.