Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall 1 Veteran here to answer questions!

Been playing since EU launch. I know just about everything there is to know about Darkfall. I'd love to answer questions from inexperienced/potential players.

-skreww L00se

Comments

• GKnyghtGKnyght Member Posts: 4
    We've been waiting a long time for this game. I'm especially happy it will finally utilize multiple cores.
  • WhipkickinWhipkickin Member UncommonPosts: 8

Don't ask Skreww for anything....

• fredde123fredde123 Member Posts: 4
    Do you know anything special about the new game that forums doesnt know...?
  • Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107

lol "dont ask skreww for anything! "  ..i lol'd

gotta admit if we are talking in game , that is true ...but on here im sure he can answer any questions u have.  i can confirm he has been playing since EU released , then since NA opened.

And i can not wait for this game to go live!!! i have tried many times to go back to darkfall 1 and love it everytime , but man i cant wait for some NEW .  see you all nov. 20th! 

Regards ,

Wizzy Wizzkers

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975
    Originally posted by skrewwL00se

Been playing since EU launch. I know just about everything there is to know about Darkfall. I'd love to answer questions from inexperienced/potential players.

-skreww L00se

How long did it take you to macro all your skills to max?

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084
    How long does it take to make a 1-minute video of a game that is already "very playable"?

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    I might play once ive transferred to Va and Darkfall 2 comes out. What is the best way to survive right out the gate?

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

-skreww L00se

I to have been in the game and am all about offering help to those with questions for the game.  Skreww is a notable name in Darkfall as well and is a great guy to go to with questions.

Sir Balin

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222
    How did melee par with ranged in 1v1 in general?
  • rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084
    Originally posted by ayronamic

There's no such thing as "melee vs. ranged" in 1 v 1.

In order to have a prayer in 1 v 1, you have to use both.

Overall, 75+% of any typical 1 v 1 fight ends up being at range.

• gaireastgaireast Member UncommonPosts: 12

It didn't.  Trying to go at someone melee only in 1.0 while they used magic will not turn out so well lol.  Lots of spells to keep the melee guy knocked into the air or wall of forced in place.

• Jorky101Jorky101 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Originally posted by rikilii

That depends on each person's Choices, I could easily get in melee and 90% of the fight would be melee. Most of the typical players I guess match your description of staying range most of the time.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

The first Darkfall Magic was indeed superior.  You could be a solid melee toon...but in general magic dominated.  The new Darkfall is still skill based, but it does have roles.  Magic uses will no longer be experts at everything as they will have to pick what they want to use, if that makes sense.  Also one thing that make mages so strong in Darkfall 1 was that everyone could wear all gear.  So a mage if enchanted to max could wear almost as strong of armor as a melee toon...which really makes it hard for the guy in melee.

If a melee toon wanted to compete, they needed to be melee/archery basically. 

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230
    Originally posted by rikilii

Anyway you wont be choppin their head off with a bow and arrow while they lay there bleeding out

• n00baran00bara Member Posts: 79
    what is the use for mini red pyramids?
  • reacaerreacaer Member Posts: 18

Melee in DF1 is the highest damage option, if you stick to someone's back swinging you can kill in a matter of seconds.

Obviously in a 1v1 scenario chasing mindlessly in open field someone that kites you shooting magics wont be a good idea, but in closed spaces and during group fights (and expecially sieges) you can turn a fight in your favor without even taking a bow in your hand as melee.

• skrewwL00seskrewwL00se Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by RavingRabbid
    I might play once ive transferred to Va and Darkfall 2 comes out. What is the best way to survive right out the gate?

Join a clan. Darkfall is all about clan warfare and playing in a group gives you a way better chance of making it. Joining a respected, established clan is the key. I'd wait a few days and join one that has taken one of the first cities.

If that is not to your liking I would leave the starter area fast and live in a chaos city. When farming have your sound high, no music and keep your eyes/ears open!

In Darkfall 1 PvP you had to be versatile. Melee has very high damage output, so if you're standing there trying to shoot someone that is in your face melee'ing you, you're toast. If you wanted to make it a melee fight you shot your ranged at your opponent while you closed the distance to them.

In Darkfall UW I would expect the same, forget the ideas of being a ranged/melee person. Being one dimensional is not an option. You can focus using ranged but it will require good kiting and some melee.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222
    Is there any worthwhile PvE?
    I am not a PvE type person so my judgement on "good PvE" is not very valuable.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

In Darkfall 1 PvP you had to be versatile. Melee has very high damage output, so if you're standing there trying to shoot someone that is in your face melee'ing you, you're toast. If you wanted to make it a melee fight you shot your ranged at your opponent while you closed the distance to them.

In Darkfall UW I would expect the same, forget the ideas of being a ranged/melee person. Being one dimensional is not an option. You can focus using ranged but it will require good kiting and some melee.

I thought they were getting away from that. . having to do everything and everyone having all skills etc.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• elvrageelvrage Member Posts: 43

I'd actually disagree with this point, they have said multiple times that they want to remove the 'every trick in the book' playstyle. I think they will cater more to the individual skill outlets like range or melee.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802

Yes from what i've read they're definately moving away from the "you must do everything to compete" playstyle but I have no doubts that the Ranger/Archer class will also be using melee.

The difference will be what melee weapons, what bows, what armour the classes can use and what abilties they have access to.

• WhisperXIIIWhisperXIII Member Posts: 33

I'd like to see anyone who says that magic/ranged was the only way to play in 1.0 duel a talented melee Destroyer 1v1. The funny thing about Darkfall is that it actually takes a lot of skill to play, and many simply don't have it or haven't practiced enough.

The best player in the game is a melee-oriented player, and has been for a long, long time. He uses the Destroyer specialiazation, which in 1.0 removes your ability to cast any elemental magic, blocking all of the spells that many proclaim as "mandatory" for victory. If you watch his playstyle, every action he takes in fights is focused on getting him into melee.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xzorcist/featured

Elyse Leveque - Zealot
  • nxmanxma Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Mardukk
    Is there any worthwhile PvE?

While PvE in Darkfall 1.0 wasn't very player rewarding and too fun, AV told us that they have made a dramatic change to PvE in DF:UW, but beware in Darkfall out of PvE you almost always get PvP. You might be minding your own buisness but there will be that guy that wants your stuff, the stuff you farmed.

some answers by AV regarding PvE

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=327172

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=326143