Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else just not like this game?

124»

Comments

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

I personally love this game, and much to my surprise, so does my wife (she's not really into mmos in general and didn't get as much of a kick out of GW1 as I did either).  But, I realize this game isn't for everyone.  What appeals to me is the level of detail and the fact that I'm not hindered by other players while still being challenged in the game. 

I also love the lore and feel the world is very deep and vibrant and....organic - as in things have a natural feel to them, like they should be there, or should be happening.  Maybe it's just from stopping every so often and just observing the world of Tyria rather than constantly running around and killing things (although I find that very fun also).

Sorry the game couldn't hold your interest.  If you want, you can try some of the advice here.  If not, that's cool.  I hope you find what you're looking for soon.  I wonder if The Repopulation or DayZ would interest you.  They both look pretty awesome.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by evolver1972

I personally love this game, and much to my surprise, so does my wife (she's not really into mmos in general and didn't get as much of a kick out of GW1 as I did either).  But, I realize this game isn't for everyone.  What appeals to me is the level of detail and the fact that I'm not hindered by other players while still being challenged in the game. 

I also love the lore and feel the world is very deep and vibrant and....organic - as in things have a natural feel to them, like they should be there, or should be happening.  Maybe it's just from stopping every so often and just observing the world of Tyria rather than constantly running around and killing things (although I find that very fun also).

Sorry the game couldn't hold your interest.  If you want, you can try some of the advice here.  If not, that's cool.  I hope you find what you're looking for soon.  I wonder if The Repopulation or DayZ would interest you.  They both look pretty awesome.

See? This is what I hate about trolls ! They get attention and very constructive replys like the one from Evolver. Where normally , all they should get is a kick in their ass!

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• IzikIzik Member Posts: 111
    Originally posted by Enigmatus
    Originally posted by Izik

TSW, Tera, Rift, Lotro... to name a few.

So extreme realism? Also wouldn't TERA technically fit under the "Asian graphics" category you seem to have stuffed GW2 into?

Tera and Rift are extreme realism? They're about as realistic as GW2 but with far superior textures and art.

I never said GW2 has "asian graphics" , I sait it looked like a f2p gpotato game because it looks cheap.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,905
    Originally posted by kingotnw

This game is like a fast food version of every other theme park game out there. It seems to lack any kind of substance or immersion at all. I 'feel like I am playing a game' I guess would be the way to say it.

I know lots of you love it, and more power to you for that. I wish I did as well. Anyone else agree?

I don't really feel the same way as you.  For the most part I find it very immersive, especially in the cities.  Exploring and fighting is very immersive to me.  The voiceovers and having to talk to an NPC to get a heart quest item do pull me staight out though and I skip most dialogue and just read the one liner for the story or heart quest.

You weren't really clear with what "substance" you were talking about.  I'm not engaged in the lore at all really.  Couldn't care less.  But I still enjoy the game.

• asmkm22asmkm22 Member Posts: 1,788

I find it pretty underwhelming.  The voice acting is really bad, and the "story" isn't exactly winning any awards either.  I know people are raving about how revolutionary the quest system is (no quest hubs!), but it doesn't feel like an improvement in practice.  At least with quest hubs you have some sort of reason to go out and kill 10 rats, as flimsy as the reason may be.  With GW2, you just wander over to the unfilled hearts and kill whatever is there, or interact with a dozen items, and then it's done.  You even get a cute little follow up letter in the mail saying thank you for saving his farm or whatever.

I don't know, the world just doesn't seem all that alive to me, and it hardly feels like a "world" at all.  Of course, since it's catering to the PvP crowd, running into people named "Frodo Tbaggins" or "Col Sanders" doesn't exactly help with the immersion factor much...

I'm glad some people like it.  I just find it to be a fairly shallow MMO.

You make me like charity

• beat_downbeat_down Member UncommonPosts: 46

Adding legendarys that take 1000s of drops.

Then adding an anti-farm code. That stops you from getting loot after 30 minutes. Killed the game for me.

• YazeedYazeed Member Posts: 29

well , i stop playing gw2 already man

give this game 2 moth tell you see the real old style MMO players start to rarly login and find other game or go back to the old game

what make gw2 cool is B2P no subs , wich mean many non active accounts will show up after 2 motnhs

if this game is not b2p and it is with sub. then i would say it will be f2p

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Im with you OP. When playing I felt as if I was trying to force myself to like the game to give it a chance.

1) I dont see it as a 'deep' game, maybe other than mastering combat/combo's.  There isnt much you have to 'figure out'. But I tend to gravitate towards complexity and dont really enjoy the mass appeal games.

2) Im not a big fan of the combat system- it feels like TSW combat in a way.

3) I dont like the level scaling.

4) I dont like the fact you are scaled up to 80 in battlegrounds.

5) I dont like the missing carrot on the stick in terms of gear.

6) I wish there was at least player housing, or player boats, or something.

In terms of prospective. Vanguard is as themeparky as I will play prefering sandboxes over themeparks.

• kingotnwkingotnw Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Edited to include quotes. Don't know how so I created a second post.
  • kingotnwkingotnw Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Originally posted by IceAge
    Originally posted by evolver1972

See? This is what I hate about trolls ! They get attention and very constructive replys like the one from Evolver. Where normally , all they should get is a kick in their ass!

I'm a troll? What? Number one, I didn't see your reply until now, and number two, why would I go through sending screen shots and such... Its not like I can jump to your server to have a conversation with you. Just because someone doesn't like the game does not mean they are trolling...I actually think your comments were fairly rude and uncalled for. I thanked everyone for their replies and tried all sorts of ways to like the game, and apparently it just isn't for me. It doesn't mean its a bad game for everyone, clearly some people love it and that's awesome. I wish I was among them. It's a brand new game that is going to have a very long life cycle and I would love it if I enjoyed it and could be a part of that. Unfortunatly that's not how it is going to go though. I'm sorry if you were offended by me not liking the game. I suggest staying far away from the real world outside of your home though, because there are going to be all sorts of people you will come in contact with who will not share your opinions, and I don't think you will be long for the wolrd if you rake them all over the coals for not agreeing with you.

Again... Thanks to everyone for their thoughts, suggestions, and help. Maybe I'll try it again a bit down the road and I will feel differently about it.

• GamefunGamefun Member Posts: 290
    Originally posted by Izik
    There's a lot of people that don't like it. It's really not that good. 

Yeah I didn't like it either, doesn't feel like an mmorpg to me personally speaking. I'm actually thinking of selling my account for 30$.