Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone else lose char names this time around?

I pre-ordered on day one.  Took the first day of head start off to get in first thing and grab my char names.  Started playing on ebon-hawk on day one.  Log in today and see that 3 of my char names are now gone due to the second server merge.  I'm still on ebon-hawk but I lose my names.  I think thats it for me.  I'm gonna cancel my sub and just play the main storyline when it goes F2P.  I just can not continue to give a company money and continue to be treated like a second class customer. 
"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    I pre-ordered on day one.  Took the first day of head start off to get in first thing and grab my char names.  Started playing on ebon-hawk on day one.  Log in today and see that 3 of my char names are now gone due to the second server merge.  I'm still on ebon-hawk but I lose my names.  I think thats it for me.  I'm gonna cancel my sub and just play the main storyline when it goes F2P.  I just can not continue to give a company money and continue to be treated like a second class customer. 

Weren't they giving priority to older and active accounts?  I thought I read that somehwere.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Talonsin

Yeah it's bad.  But EA doesn't listen to their customers.. hence why all the name changes /guild name changes are taking place.  They don't give a crap.

Your name defines you.  If you merge and someone else assumes your name then I call bullshit.  Your name was supposed to define you.  Same with the Legacy name.

Your legacy defines you.  If you merge and someone else assumes your legacy name then I call bullshit.  Your legacy name was supposed to define you.

How can you love a give that F's over your name?

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• sr7olsnipersr7olsniper Member UncommonPosts: 206

That is exactly the reason I quit. While I do have a few problems with game mechanics and what not it was not a deal breaker... until I logged on and ALL my names were gone. I freaking logged in day one at 3 am beacuse I wanted to reserve my names. I had bad sleep just so I could get a name that I was happy with in an MMO that I was promised was all about STORY. Next thing I know all that shit is gone and I couldnt even be bothered to open the log in screen anymore due to my chars feeling alien. 

Just proves to show that EA has no clue wtf they are doing, even more so now that the Doctors are gone. 

At least with a sub game they know that people won't tolerate bullshit and leave. With anet we have no recourse but to buy our own lube so our assholes don't get too stretched out from getting bent over a table at Anets will. - Hrimnir

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

I am a founder and I lost only one name on my 16 characters on The Ebon Hawk. Probably because I created this toon like a week ago. I was surprised though because the name was pretty... well unique imo... no biggie.

As for me. Yes sure it's not fun to loose favorite name, but it's just a name.  And you can remake a new name in creative way using ' or - or other special characters if you want to.

I wish that BioWare posted the rules they used with determining who will  keep the name. It would clear the air and I am sure there would be less bitching about it.

Edit. The Ebon Hawk server is NOT the same server. The OLD Ebon Hawk is also origin server which was moved to destination server - which was  named The Ebon Hawk.

They made a mistake in keeping the cool names of server - should just name then 1, 2 , 3 ....

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937
    Considering George Lucas is the King of suing over naming rights, this is all kind of ironic. He even tried to sue the US government and the US Media for calling the Department of Defense's Strategic Defense Initiative "Star Wars".