Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Trailer

AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ88oe0R_lw

I don't know if this was recorded on a low-mid end computer, but the graphics, and especially the character design, seems like a downgrade compared to the current FFXIV. I'm still excited about 2.0, but it's a bit of a bummer

Edit (09/21/2012) :Updated the link. SE has re-uploaded the Trailer, and fixed the stuttering issue.

Comments

• MisterSrMisterSr Member UncommonPosts: 928
    Originally posted by MadnessRealm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSMZVJGoBws

I don't know if this was recorded on a low-mid end computer, but the graphics, and especially the character design, seems like a downgrade compared to the current FFXIV. I'm still excited about 2.0, but it's a bit of a bummer

I think they lowered graphics so that most people could play the game. That's my guess. Oh, and so it would be playable on PS3 as well.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I love the way it looks. The current game has great graphics but does not look good.
  • nickster29nickster29 Member Posts: 486
    I would imagine that some of the higher fedility textures are still in the game for those that want to use them... hopefully.  Either way, here is to hoping FFXIV 2.0 is what it should have been at launch.
  • SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900
    It's the PS3 version I believe.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405

The graphics look fine to me. But the music....I think I got spoiled by the music in WoW and GW2.

How is the music in game?

• Scypheroth87Scypheroth87 Member Posts: 14

this game reborn yet?

consol gaming...when will ppl learn that consol gaming is the worst experience ever....tryed to play boarderlands yesterday on my 360 and wow its soo freaking hard to aim a dam gun with 2 sticks....played it for 2 hrs got pissed off cuz its too dam hard to be accurate, threw the consol off my balcony. jumped on my pc and bought it for the PC, now im loving it!

• skydiver12skydiver12 Member Posts: 432

It's the responsebility of a PC developer to create a game which has graphic settings which support low end systems while still delivering high fidelity to those who can afford it.

The PC isn't the console, it needs it graphic settings and most importantly the control settings supporting mouse and keyboard properly. The interface needs to reflect that.

Trailers for FFXIV showing off PS3 grahics, new gender added and not mentioning the interface changes don't build up faith SE has learned anything from the past two years. Jumping chobos don't scratch the issues why this game failed. (Don't get me wrong i like my chobos jumping)

Of course i'd love to be proven wrong. In fact i hope too, ffxiv was for me a decent game aside from the unplayability cause by japan based servers and an awfull interface till this day. I personaly can't belives someone is dumb enough to spend 2 years rebuilding doing the same mistakes,...well er, i hope not.

• AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    Originally posted by 7star

The graphics look fine to me. But the music....I think I got spoiled by the music in WoW and GW2.

What's wrong with the music? o.O  It's one of the most renowned aspect of the Final Fantasy serie, it's awesome music (composed entirely by Nobuo Uematsu in FFXIV's case), many of which that have been played by a few orchestra around the world (this song in particular).

Anyway, since liking or disliking a kind of music is purely subjective, you'll have to decide for yourself : Youtube Playlist of 72 FFXIV OSTs

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by 7star

Its composed by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobuo_Uematsu

The LEGENDARY FF composer, whos made nearly every final fantasy song since Final Fantasy 1.

Originally posted by skydiver12

It's the responsebility of a PC developer to create a game which has graphic settings which support low end systems while still delivering high fidelity to those who can afford it.

The PC isn't the console, it needs it graphic settings and most importantly the control settings supporting mouse and keyboard properly. The interface needs to reflect that.

Trailers for FFXIV showing off PS3 grahics, new gender added and not mentioning the interface changes don't build up faith SE has learned anything from the past two years. Jumping chobos don't scratch the issues why this game failed. (Don't get me wrong i like my chobos jumping)

They showed the new interface in details about 3 times already at Gamescom (German), then at an English conference (fI think it was PAX, not sure) and again at a Special Talk Session in Japan (with translation available).

Originally posted by MadnessRealm

They showed the new interface in details about 3 times already at Gamescom (German), then at an English conference (fI think it was PAX, not sure) and again at a Special Talk Session in Japan (with translation available).

Sometimes I wonder...

So this guy here has literally looked up 0 info on the re release of the game, then feels the need to chyme in and say why this video is sub par and should tell him more info, even though the info he wants was released months ago via other videos and press releases..

I wonder if he realizes that this is an entirely new graphics engine, that will be run on PC AND PS3, and the graphics are FAR Better looking than they were origionally.  

but I guess nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Of course i'd love to be proven wrong. In fact i hope too, ffxiv was for me a decent game aside from the unplayability cause by japan based servers and an awfull interface till this day. I personaly can't belives someone is dumb enough to spend 2 years rebuilding doing the same mistakes,...well er, i hope not.

PS Since you again didn't bother to look up any info.

They are localizing servers now, NA servers, EU servers, and Japan servers.

So no more problem with that... So what other imagined wrong are you going to complain about now...

And let me reitterate those graphics ARE BETTER than they used to be, if you don't think so its because you have these lovely rose coloured glasses on, should take em off and watch again.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Graphics look so different but still very nice.

The lag in those gameplay videos worries me though :(

But im excited, SE you learned your lesson hard, now show us what do can really do!

Originally posted by Dragonantis

What lag?  Like the video is lagging?

They had an hour long video with Yoshida playing the game the entire time in the backround.

There was 0 lag.

So I'm assuming you mean your video is lagging.. Pause it and let it buffer first.

Here was the video with Yoshida playing.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_737hYbSCEs

Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Dragonantis

What lag?  Like the video is lagging?

They had an hour long video with Yoshida playing the game the entire time in the backround.

There was 0 lag.

So I'm assuming you mean your video is lagging.. Pause it and let it buffer first.

Here was the video with Yoshida playing.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_737hYbSCEs

I think he might have meant the stuttering of the video when they show some gameplay in that trailer. It might simply be due to the tool they're using to record the video that is impacting performance, who knows, but there is indeed a slight amount of stuttering.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900
    I stand corrected. It's the PC version. The stuttering in the video is an encoding error that's been confirmed.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    What I really wanna see is a video of the new character creation.