Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking of returning to the world of Vana'Diel

Well its been over a half a year since I last stepped foot in the realm of Vana'Diel, and after playing WoW, and getting rather bored with it (Its still a wonderful game, one of the best, I just got rather bored after endgame instances and such) and I noticed I had kept my FFXI game discs and such.

So, heres my question to all of you, what are your opinions on the status of FFXI now? Are the farmers just as bad as always? Or have they been getting better? Are groups any easier to find? Just some basic stuff, I dont neccesarily trust the ratings tab to find out.

Thanks a bunch.

Alex

Comments

• aligjunioraligjunior Member UncommonPosts: 40
    I am thinking of soming back to FFXI i currently play WoW and planetside but i am thinking of stoping PS to come back to FFXI as in WoW i have a great guild and we doing some good instances. I would like to ask if you could post some progress the game has had in the last year. thanks image
  • thelawoflogicthelawoflogic Member UncommonPosts: 788
    well if u get to rank 5 you can get go on a quest to get NPC and have a party of 2
  • aligjunioraligjunior Member UncommonPosts: 40
    ye i read something about that. how long it take to get rank 5 again?
  • CapnCapn Member Posts: 45

I played it for a bit, only found a group once. Every other time there was no one in my level range wanting to party. Granted I didn't get really high in level, but still. Playing solo in this game really sucks and takes forever.

• saturn11088saturn11088 Member Posts: 6

The npc quest does not require u to be rank 5 i was rank 4 when i got mine. And considering the npc it is still a new function  in the game and u can only keep it out maybe for like an hour now at the most. But the time cap is increasing. And it is really fun to fight with the npc. Oh on another note yes FF11 takes a long time to group and all that but this game is built to last u a while. So u can play it a few hours a day for some fun time. And you will not get bored after a few months and after u lvl a bit it get great. Adv jobs a fun and interesting, and u can start to do ballistas (PvP) at lvl 30.

• ShingenShingen Member Posts: 40

hey mage_alucard. I'm in the same exact position as you are. My very first MMORPG was FFXI in the summer of last year. Now, after playing many other MMORPG's, looking for another great one, I've decided to go back to FFXI. I would be playing right now if playonline could connect to the internet. For some reason my PS2 won't connect to my internet. Oh well, I'll have my dad figure it out. Anyway, I'm SOO excited to get back into Vana'Diel. Hope to see you in-game. I'll probly have an in-game name of SHinryu, or Nesquik

• saturn11088saturn11088 Member Posts: 6
    Hey shingen are u on the bismarch server? cause i know someone by the name of shinryu image if u are him its me claud.
  • ShingenShingen Member Posts: 40

Yes I was on Bismarck server, but when I played my name was Shintobu i think. I know it wasn't SHinryyu. Guess I can't use that name anymore lol

• KagranackKagranack Member Posts: 8
    Got exactly the same Mage_Alucard...after playing WoW for half a year, getting 60 and getting all the end gear, it really gets boring... the only thing u then can do is PvP, and hear some of the idiots scream stuff in the main cities...which really annoys me about the game, so i am going back to FFXI again image
  • ConjurusConjurus Member Posts: 2

Once you get lvl 60 in WoW it can get boring, unless your in a good guild that does mc / bwl / ony.. all that stuff! Ive been 60 for a long time now and have done most of that. So i think im gonna go back to ff xi! only thing i dont look forward to is doing the missions over again :p