Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is rift hard..?

CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194

Getting sick of being able to get to max level in a weekend and finding dungeons easy.

Are the dungeons in Rift hard.. At all? and is lvling hard at all? not played in a good while.

Hoping to join Argent for Roleplay :D (europe)

Also, did you peronally find the combat fluid and responsive?

Comments

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh

Getting sick of being able to get to max level in a weekend and finding dungeons easy.

Are the dungeons in Rift hard.. At all? and is lvling hard at all? not played in a good while.

I enjoy Rift. But I'm also goingto be honest. It's not without it's faults. It's fun and enjoyable, but it's not going to bow your virtual doors in.

It's hard to answer your questions as they are both yes and no and very subjective. AS with anything they have their good and bad points

The game has it's flaws and some big ones at that, It also has many redeeming qualities that IMO more than make up for them.

The game is free to try until level 20, but that doesn't really paint a good picture of the content at 50, But it will get you familier with the leveling speed, and the combat.

But I will also say that the one thing that keeps me playing Rift is the Zone Invasion raids. They are fun, and again, while this is subjective, to me they don't get old and frankly the Zone Invasion public raids are the best open world PVE in the industry

• truthhurtstruthhurts Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh

If you are a hardcore leveller, yes you could level in a weekend in Rift.  Rift has the fastest leveling curve of all the AAA MMOs.

No, levelling is not hard.  Depending on your build you may die a few times due to adds, but for the most part its not difficult.  this can be fixed by going to zones above your level, of course.

The dungeons are about on par with WoW heroics-they are tough if you are in a group of people with bare minimum gear that don't know the place, but familiarity and over gearing reduce the challenge just like any game.

In other words, the difficulty is the same as WoW, across pretty much all phases of the game with the exception of the raids.   The raids are on par with WoW heroic mode, but there is no regular or raid finder mode to learn the fights in first.

Combat is fluid and responsive, some dont like the animations i dont see the big deal.

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

When i last played this the hardmode dungeons and raids were EXTREMELY difficult.  It was fantastic.

Problem was...very few wanted to do them...and the learning curve was beyond brutal...pugs were hopeless usually and very few guilds even ran endgame pve...i think there was one on my server at the time (it had queues back then so it was packed) and out of our guild we had to ask other guilds for players to fill out raids...was sad.

Right before i left they had made one hardmode dungeon easier...and my assumption is that they ended up making them all easy.

Part of me wants to load up the game and give it another go, jut because they keep updating and i like developers who earn their monthly sub...however this game is the epitome of themepark.  Basically if wow could be remade with semi-modern graphics this would be it.  The sould system was over rated and resulted in what amounted to 1-3 viable paths and any stray from them was gimp and not acceptable...so deep down i know ill get into the game, get that sick to my stomach feeling i get when in these types of games and end up leaving quickly.

If i was into these types of games i would play rift hands down though.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

The RIFT girl makes me hard.

But in all seriousness, there is a downside to every decision. They absolutely cannot please everyone. The most they can do, is try to satisfy the majority of the playerbase, which I think is what they are doing.

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Raids are yes, but dungeons become trivial as you get gear. 
  • TobiasGreyTobiasGrey Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by redman875

When i last played this the hardmode dungeons and raids were EXTREMELY difficult.  It was fantastic.

Let's clarify here... It's hard if you have WoW standards. If you compare it to the very casual WoW clones out there, its on par with them. If you compare it across all MMOs, it's very simple and easy, with no penalty for failure.

• RydesonRydeson Member UncommonPosts: 3,852
         Hard for some.. Easy for others.. but reguardless it wasn't fun..   It's just a mini version of WoW... Leveling is just a speed bump joke, where most of the game starts at gear grind..  Doing dungeons or raids isn't hard IF you take the time to learn the dance..EVERY single raid since WoW is about learning the dance.. Once you know how the encounter is programmed, you follow the steps till you win..  It's alot like playing Simon Says.. LOL
  • f0dell54f0dell54 Member CommonPosts: 329
    Originally posted by Rydeson
         Hard for some.. Easy for others.. but reguardless it wasn't fun..   It's just a mini version of WoW... Leveling is just a speed bump joke, where most of the game starts at gear grind..  Doing dungeons or raids isn't hard IF you take the time to learn the dance..EVERY single raid since WoW is about learning the dance.. Once you know how the encounter is programmed, you follow the steps till you win..  It's alot like playing Simon Says.. LOL

Regardless it wasn't fun for you. That doesn't mean it isn't going to be fun for the OP. Anyways, I would rather do the dance to complete a raid then the before WoW tank and spank zerfest.

• truthhurtstruthhurts Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by f0dell54
    Originally posted by Rydeson

Regardless it wasn't fun for you. That doesn't mean it isn't going to be fun for the OP. Anyways, I would rather do the dance to complete a raid then the before WoW tank and spank zerfest.

Due to the downsizing of raids, the dance factor seems to really have taken off, and more emphasis is placed on each individual.

While EQ raids had some stinky mechanics (heal rotations), the more complex raids were much more about teamwork than individual dancing (not that many raids didnt have elements like that), and just were so much more epic in scale.

I really think its just the size factor, there is so much less you can do with tricky strategies when raids are designed to be small scale.  I honestly thought WoW had the perfect balance with 40 man raids.

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Raids are yes, but dungeons become trivial as you get gear. 

This.

It doesn't take too long to overgear the dungeons, but the raids are extremely difficult.