Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are you looking for a game? HERE IT IS

Are you looking for a new game, which might become huge?

DF 2.0 or Darkfall Unholy Wars....

http://darkfallonline.com/uw/#

20. November its out. And i believe it will be huge..... 

Comments

• Unknown23Unknown23 Member Posts: 47
    Pass.
  • ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198
    Depends on if they made it more sandbox and less PvP of a game. I played DF 1 for awhile a launch and loved the game but it was just a PvP zerg game (That is not sandbox). There is much more to be a sandbox game!
  • mikethkmikethk Member Posts: 105
    It is sandbox now....
  • VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    Need more details. Also, I wonder if MMORPG.com is going to list this as a seperate game?

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Sorry played Darkfall.  It blew.  I will pass on its relaunch.

Sooner or Later

• evolpcevolpc Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Originally posted by mikethk
    It is sandbox now....

Now you are just making things up. I have been following this very closely for years and never have I heard of any more sandbox features than what is currently in the game. Yes, there are many improvements to the game, UI, armory system, spell revamp, engine improvements, etc.... but no sandbox features have been listed that are not in the current version of Darkfall. Don't pump it up to be something it is not. I am looking forward to it nonetheless.

• TobiasGreyTobiasGrey Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by TdogSkal

Got any supporting details for that? Very easy to just drop a "it blew" without saying anything. I personally like to think that WoW blew, and LotRO blew, and AoC blew, and Rift blew, but people still like them for some reason.

And the game is already a sandbox, just not an extremely deep one. We'll see when we get more details. But, there are dedicated trauling and fishing boats now. :)

Originally posted by TdogSkal

Sorry it "blew". Could you give more detail? You see, for many of us who desire something different from our mmos, this game is a rare breed. It's first iteration was far from perfect but closer to what we are looking for than anything else on the market. We hold out hope that improvements made in Unholy Wars will bring the game closer to the goal line. Perhaps Darkfall did "blow" .. or maybe you just didn't get it. Either way dropping one liners is just lazy. Try harder.

• GreymoorGreymoor Member UncommonPosts: 802
    Originally posted by evolpc
    It is sandbox now....

Now you are just making things up. I have been following this very closely for years and never have I heard of any more sandbox features than what is currently in the game. Yes, there are many improvements to the game, UI, armory system, spell revamp, engine improvements, etc.... but no sandbox features have been listed that are not in the current version of Darkfall. Don't pump it up to be something it is not. I am looking forward to it nonetheless.

Things they've mentioned that are content based;

1.) Epic world boss mobs

2.) Multi-tierd dungeons where you can unlock deeper levels that eventually lead to bosses, dungeon traps too

3.) Land fortresses, much like the sea ones but on land

4.) Resource monoliths

I do hope they plan more fluff content however.

Originally posted by Greymoor
    Originally posted by evolpc
    It is sandbox now....

Things they've mentioned that are content based;

1.) Epic world boss mobs

2.) Multi-tierd dungeons where you can unlock deeper levels that eventually lead to bosses, dungeon traps too

3.) Land fortresses, much like the sea ones but on land

4.) Resource monoliths

I do hope they plan more fluff content however.

Yes that is a list of  proposed additional content, much of which is planned for addition to the game AFTER the launch, in the future. And yet again, none of that stuff screams sandbox does it? Everyone has their own opinion of what sandbox features are but I can't imagine many people would include boss mobs, dungeons, fortresses, or resources. The question was not of content, but more a question of are they adding sandbox features.

What I am saying is don't sell it as something it isn't. It is as currently described no more of a sandbox than the current version. And a lot of the content being kicked around by people is NOT going to be in at launch, but planned to be added later, such as the multi tiered dungeons, etc... which they already confirmed will not be in at launch in community Q&A recently.

I am being completely honest with myself about what it is going to be, yet I am still very excited about it. There is less chance of being let down when you don't lie to yourself and believe it is something it is not just because you want it to be.

This discussion has been closed.