Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

could .hack become a REAL mmorpg?

i think it has a very good chance if cyberconnect2 would think about it, it has all the elements of a classic mmorpg and some of its own(such as the char classes) and if they added corrupted areas and data drain(like in the game) it would be awesome

History Abhors A Paradox-Raziel(Soul Reaver 2)

Comments

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

That would be AWESOME!

if it were to happen though...there would be a couple requirments...

1. take about 10 years to make

2. it would cost over $50 a month

lol but i would play

that would be one awesome game......aww man i wish it existedimage

• bum37bum37 Member Posts: 127
    damn, if they made it, i'd pay up to $100 a month. (if they have those helmets so we can see as if we were in the game) oh yea, one question, why do most people say that .hack sign(the anime) isn't good and that the .hack (game) is a bad rpg? based on the concept that it's suppose to be a mmorpg, it's really well made. anyone else?

• ElfinMageElfinMage Member Posts: 11

well, the game itself(real game) i like a lot, sure the dungeons and virus cores are a little repetitve, but then who cares? the gameplay is great, i love the story, and u cant beat the battle system(although online it may not work)

BTW:this isnt off topic right? it IS related to mmorpgs

• ErikWErikW Member Posts: 59
    I havn't played the games, but both .Hack//Sign and .Hack//Dusk are two of my favorite animes.  "The World" would be a great MMORPG.  With the headsets, they could come out with a regular MMORPG first, and when the technology catches up, they can come out with "The World II", like Everquest has.

-Bringing you up to date FFXI info since 10/23/03-

(c) 2001-2003 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Title Design by Yoshitaka Amano. FINAL FANTASY, TETRA MASTER and VANA'DIEL are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. SQUARE ENIX, PLAYONLINE and the PlayOnline logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

i havent played the games either

my view is basically the same was ErikW's

lol the worl, that would be awesome

id make a char name tsukasa

i havent seen the animes(ironic eh?) but trust me, if it doesnt become an mmorpg(sadly, i dont think it will) then the games will still keep me occupied until sum1 makes a great mmorpg

In case you're wondering, these are the game subtitles(in order):Infection(Part 1), Mutation(Part 2), Outbreak*newest*(Part 3), Ouarintine*in the works*(Part 4)

but it would be REALLY ironic if kite said "Let's save The World" just before the final battle wouldnt it?

Reason: theyre saving our world(the less-fun one) and the online game world(the really-fun one)

ahh got ya

lol u lost me there for a sec

heheimage

• ErikWErikW Member Posts: 59

For those of you who don't know about .Hack//Dusk, it takes place after the games and .Hack//Sign.  Actually, three years later. 

Plot:  Two kids recieve special character models from winning a contest.  These models are Kite and Blackrose, whose models were not allowed to be chosen after they solved the quest of the first 'The World."  The two kids are Shugo and Rena, brother and sister who have been seperated (I'm not sure if devorce or what).  Shugo gets Kite's braclet (I won't say how) and is able to use it.  People start to go out like they did in the game and .Hack//Sign. It goes on from there.

I have not finished watching it yet, but it is twelve episodes long.

If you want to know more, e-mail me so that I don't spoil it for others here on the boards.

Some characters from the game and .Hack//Sign make appearances:

Ginkan (of the Crimson Knights)

Balmong of the Azure Sky (Is this correct?)

Aura

-Bringing you up to date FFXI info since 10/23/03-

(c) 2001-2003 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. Title Design by Yoshitaka Amano. FINAL FANTASY, TETRA MASTER and VANA'DIEL are registered trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd. SQUARE ENIX, PLAYONLINE and the PlayOnline logo are trademarks of Square Enix Co., Ltd.

nice, and its balmung not balmong

dusk sounds cool but the thing with it is its like a direct port of the game made into a show with a few names changed here and there, id much rather play the game than watch it